Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mikel Liegetwood PUNCHES Chopra!!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:27 pm

I've just watched the highlights back from Tuesday on the Football League App and one thing that nobody has picked up on is that when the freekick is awarded on 95mins and the frackas starts with all the pushing and shoving, Mikel Leigetwood (sp) stands behind Andy Griffin who is just behid Chopra, and clear as day, he reaches around Griffin and punches Chopra in the back! This is something that the club needs to look into and report to the FA coz it's disgusting that it's not been reported! If anyone can find the full highlights and post them here, it's clear to see!!

Re: Mikel Liegetwood PUNCHES Chopra!!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:32 pm

This is the moment he punches him but this picture doesn't do it justice! You need to see it in full speed as it's quite a thump!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:35 pm

Thank fook someone else saw it.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35497

Thought I was on my own :(

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:40 pm

Sorry dude, I did have a quick scan but didn't see another thread on it! It's disgusting though and needs to be brought to the clubs attention! I can't seem to find a highlight to show it

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:59 pm

Email the f.A AND FOOTBALL LEAGUE guys, say your kids were at the game and was shocked etc, maybe they went into school or home and thought it was ok to punch people ;)

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:Sorry dude, I did have a quick scan but didn't see another thread on it! It's disgusting though and needs to be brought to the clubs attention! I can't seem to find a highlight to show it

On City iplayer it's a proper close up and shows him given Chops a right dig.
The club needs to send the footage to the FA.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:37 pm

I've spoken to the FA and reported it! They are going to investigate it! I've also spoken to the club to see if they were aware of it and if they are doing anything and apparently it is "in hand" so clearly they are aware of it! Watch this space now I guess!!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:57 pm

3 match ban :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary ... eading0302

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:07 pm

RESULT!!! :lol:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:10 pm

Come on lads this is a bit like school playground snitching. Miss someone hit someone. Come on lads grow up its a mans game. And what comes around goes around. Leave it !!

Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:32 am

http://www.getbracknell.co.uk/sport/foo ... led_to_ban

Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:43 am

This is the plan
Reading play Qpr home tonight, 6 of us travel by train around about 1300 hours today , we arrive outside madjeski at about... 1600 hours,
we wait for liegetwood to arrive and Do him over thats what you get for punching chops from behind
. make a dash Via cab back to station,
arrive home around about 8.30pm to watch out wales v england

:ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 am

I heard from 2 differents sources that ut went off big time in the tunnel.

also got told that the beast did 4 reading players!

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:07 am

I read somewhere Bellamy chucked a water bottle and it hit Simon Church. I don't know if there's any truth in that.

Anyone got a link to the video showing the punch?

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:10 am

Still can't find a link to it

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:18 am

We should have waited until after tonight's game! Could really have done with Liegertwood playing against QPR!

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:20 am

Dazzatim wrote:I heard from 2 differents sources that ut went off big time in the tunnel.

also got told that the beast did 4 reading players!

:lol: :lol:

THE BEASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:46 pm

Dazzatim wrote:I heard from 2 differents sources that ut went off big time in the tunnel.

also got told that the beast did eat 4 reading players!

:shock: :shock:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:51 pm

Zabier wrote:We should have waited until after tonight's game! Could really have done with Liegertwood playing against QPR!

He could'nt part of the loan agreement