Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: What does rugby mean to you?

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:22 pm

I get what you are saying about the pathetic patriotic "I love Wales I do". Most of them are Man U fans or Liverpool etc. Best of all they are too thick to understand how pathetic they are to be shouting for Wales and shouting down England one minute then the next minute declaring their love for an English football club.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:26 pm

Berwyn wrote:I get what you are saying about the pathetic patriotic "I love Wales I do". Most of them are Man U fans or Liverpool etc. Best of all they are too thick to understand how pathetic they are to be shouting for Wales and shouting down England one minute then the next minute declaring their love for an English football club.

thats exactly what i mean mate. idiots! most of em anyway

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:15 pm

Nothing-hope Wales lose

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:27 pm

if i had tickets given to me for nothing , for a rugby game, i wouldnt go, just dont like the game, but i do want wales to hammer the english, :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:31 pm

I love the six nations to be honest, and best of all Forest away is on a free weekend so happy days

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:54 pm

I'll watch Wales play Rugby, i'm not fussed on it but will watch it.

Its just an excuse to get pissed as f*ck for me. :lol: :ayatollah:

Hope Wales win though, nothing better thank beating the English. :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:08 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Nothing-hope Wales lose

:ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:03 pm

piss up and a shag.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:09 pm

means nothing to me. never has 65,000 people going to watch 3 or 4 home games a year pointless.
should be a good game on sky at the same time for all you who can't be bothered like me with the egg chasers

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:11 pm

rb1976 wrote:For me its a free ticket, free food and free beer. I can pretend to like it for one day..... :lol: :ayatollah:

same here mate, not a huge fan but i get a free ticket, meal and beer, think it would be rude to say no!! :D

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:12 pm

baseboy007 wrote:piss up and a shag.

happy days!! :lol:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:12 pm

truth,nothing :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:37 pm

I despise egg-chasing; total rabble, and a disgrace to Wales. Never forget the first time I saw egg fans in Cardiff. It was 1976, not long after our family moved to the capital. Had been away watching the City somewhere, and got back into Cardiff Central ( or was it still General in those days ? ) about 9.30pm. Could not believe my eyes; they were all falling over drunk, puking and pissin on the platform, harrassing women travellers, and assaulting the platform staff. Imagine if that was us ! But just high jinks, of course. Remember telling my mother when I got home 'these people are savages !'. Avoid them like the plague ever since.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:41 pm

it means nothing to me except that all ill hear on tv is rugby rugby and more f*cking rugby
12 pages about the game ??? in the wales on sunday
i dont think people in wales think much about rugby when you think the average crowd to watch the cardiff blues is 4.000
and about that size and less everywhere else
the game of rugby is dead in wales and the 6 nations is now an exhibition event
that is an excuse to get pissed and make a fool of yourself as long as someone can tell you the score at the end because not many in the stadium will know
they think a try is when they are trying to put a plastic cup to their mouth when their pissed or pissing in the blokes pocket next to them cuz their too drunk too find the bog
thats what rugby means to me

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:39 pm

Welsh players showing pride in the National Anthem, check it out, see the passion, then watch a recording of the Wales Football players to the Anthem. A lot of people on here dislike Rugby for various reasons but none can deny when the anthem plays those players are bursting with Welsh pride.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:45 am

What does rugby mean to me?

A fast paced, skillful sport requiring incredibly high standards of fitness, strength and stamina.

Yep, what rugby means to me is League, not Yawnion.

Roll on the Millennium Magic weekend I say.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:16 am

corndog70 wrote:means nothing to me. never has 65,000 people going to watch 3 or 4 home games a year pointless.
should be a good game on sky at the same time for all you who can't be bothered like me with the egg chasers

Hope Reading do us a favour - I'll be watching.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:33 am

to me its just an opportunity to make money......... dont really give a shit about rugby :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:47 am

I played soccer and rugby, enjoyed both, but prefered soccer.

I do enjoy watching a good game of rugby, but that's a rarity the way the game's played these days.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:42 am

Absolutely nothing.

It annoys me because people assume because I am welsh, I will be cheering on the "boys"

Bollocks, they are a bunch of over rated steriod heads, supported by gormless pissheads

who creep out of the woodwork a couple of times a year, and generally make themselves

look like complete twats, dressing up in silly costumes and waving leeks and daffodils about.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:07 am

what does rugby mean to me??? not a lot..

but when Wales play rugby il support em as its my country...any one got a problem with that they can f*ck right off :lol:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:32 am

An excuse for scum to get pissed up and slap their wives about when Wales get thrashed like usual.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:01 pm

Bluebird1962 wrote:What does rugby mean to me - nothing, I'll be watching Reading v QPR.

Same here :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:02 pm

ccfcninian wrote:
Bluebird1962 wrote:What does rugby mean to me - nothing, I'll be watching Reading v QPR.

Same here :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sky + then

Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:47 pm

there will be fighting all over wales tonight, men beating wives/girlfriendsand will they get heavy prison sentances? No.

f*cking hate the lot of them!!!

Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:56 pm

Men pissing in shop doorways, fighting in clubs and then BBc Wales stating what a fun time they have and it's only high jinx.
over-rated 80 minutes of shit. who's playing tonight, dont care, bring on Sunday. :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:13 pm

Ben wrote:Chase the Egg time again, shall be avoiding town, the rubbish, stench of piss, vomit, middle aged women dressed as slags in cowgirl hats looking to get laid with thier cheap argos gold, none of them knowing the rules of the game or actually watch it, just a excuse to "go on the piss like".

Rugby national Sport of wales?? Got to be kidding right?, its f*cking 6 times a year Pathetic shit!!

Another win for England, that winds up the local egg chasers.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:28 pm

I hate the game, Just a piss up for people. I bet if you put all the people who follow a rugby club one side of the stadium and the people who don't the other side you would get 80-90% of people just there for the piss up.

No skill, Boring "sport"

I hope Wales lose every game just so people lose interest and shut the eggers and Welsh media up.

There is a much much bigger game this weekend........ Come on England....... :? :? :? :lol:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:53 pm

wdb2721 wrote:As long as we beat the english........

This ^

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:25 pm

When Wales play its a National piss up, take it for what it is.