Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jones doing it again!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:57 pm

He's playing down the jack game again. :evil: (live interview on Cardiff Player)

Correct me if I'm wrong, as perhaps I've miss heard, but Jones is on about "playing the game and not the occasion."

"It's important like any other game except derby games have a different feel about them."

He then says it's the way WE interpret what he said???

FFS YOU JUST SAID, "WE SHOULD JUST PLAY THE GAME NOT THE OCCASION"

The JACKS WILL BE PLAYING THE OCCASION FOR SURE JONES!

Same crap as before but in a different wording!!!

FFS play the occasion for once!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Anyone else feel he is putting a dampner on it? I do!! :( :(

Re: Jones doing it again!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Hes getting ready just incase we loose :x

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:04 pm

1st class tool

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:11 pm

Were fucked, we'll lose 2-0 and our season will bottom out from here.

W - Scunny
L - Burnley
L - Forest
D - Leicester
L - Hull
D - Ipswich

At which point we'll be around 10 points off Forest in 2nd and 8/9 from Swansea and Norwich chasing them.

hope he gets them motivated in the changing rooms to go out there and embaress thos jack b*stards

I don't think DJ can be overly critised for 'playing the game, not the occassion, this line is handed out before all cup finals, derby games etc by managers around the globe. Don't believe in any way it's downplaying the event, just saying the best way to deal with the hype/pressure is not to go hurtling into the match like a demented ferret on speed as per Steve McPhail !!!

I would however love DJ to come out and say, 'we're going to have the c***s this time, bring on the gypo b******s', in an expletive filled rant on SSN peppered with bleeping all over the shop !

Granted it's unlikely...

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:17 pm

Bazza wrote:I don't think DJ can be overly critised for 'playing the game, not the occassion, this line is handed out before all cup finals, derby games etc by managers around the globe. Don't believe in any way it's downplaying the event, just saying the best way to deal with the hype/pressure is not to go hurtling into the match like a demented ferret on speed as per Steve McPhail !!!

I would however love DJ to come out and say, 'we're going to have the c***s this time, bring on the gypo b******s', in an expletive filled rant on SSN peppered with bleeping all over the shop !

Granted it's unlikely...

Agree with what you say to some extent.

How about,
"We will play the game, but believe me, we are well up for this occasion. We owe them big time for winning at ours and the double is at stake. We are chomping at the bit for the game and the occasion will be ours."

It's called passion!!!!! :evil: :evil:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:21 pm

You can play with passion in your game, But you have to play the game not the Occasion :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:23 pm

Yes, wise words, not seen said interview yet, but one does hope he'd be spitting out the words, foaming at the mouth and banging the table with his fist and getting right in the interviewers face, yelling at him, his face contorted with unimaginable passion ! again, unlikely...

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:24 pm

Bazza wrote:Yes, wise words, not seen said interview yet, but one does hope he'd be spitting out the words, foaming at the mouth and banging the table with his fist and getting right in the interviewers face, yelling at him, his face contorted with unimaginable passion ! again, unlikely...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: