Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

f*cking depressing lot here sometimes...

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:33 pm

Some people here burying the club before it's dead. We haven't lost yet, Jesus. Stop doing nothing but complainging about DJ and Naylor and try f*cking getting behind the boys. Some of you sound so pathetic. Support the club, support the team, and support the manager. We've been very unlucky the last few games, and we've been playing much better.
We should've beten Reading comfortably and they were very, very lucky to come away with a draw and we were caught out late against an inform Norwich team. In my opinion we've really turned a corner, and we are playing much better than we were in December.

I encourage all of you to show 100% support to every player on Sunday. And even if we lose, although it's ineveitable there will be, but I urge you not to boo the team. None of them will want to lose any game, especially not this one, they need our support every second of every game, and I for one will be doing my part.

:ayatollah:

Re: f*cking depressing lot here sometimes...

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:35 pm

Unlucky?

Ah right, gotcha.

Some would say poor tactics, poor performances, poor team selection.

Nope.

We've just been unlucky.

Phew.

Easy to fix, just add a rew rabbits feet around the stadium, we'll be sorted then.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:36 pm

nerd wrote:Unlucky?

Ah right, gotcha.

Nope.

We've just been unlucky.

Phew.

Easy to fix, just add a rew rabbits feet around the stadium, we'll be sorted then.

Watch the highlights v Reading.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:40 pm

rb1976 wrote:

Ah right, gotcha.

Nope.

We've just been unlucky.

Phew.

No need, I actually watched the whole of the game. Watching selectively editted highlights doesn't always give a full reflection of the game.

First half, Reading far the better side. We lacked anything up front, general malaise in midfield.

Second half, good 15-20 minute spell then very much of the defensive until a decent last 5-10 minutes.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:41 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:Some people here burying the club before it's dead. We haven't lost yet, Jesus. Stop doing nothing but complainging about DJ and Naylor and try f*cking getting behind the boys. Some of you sound so pathetic. Support the club, support the team, and support the manager. We've been very unlucky the last few games, and we've been playing much better.
We should've beten Reading comfortably and they were very, very lucky to come away with a draw and we were caught out late against an inform Norwich team. In my opinion we've really turned a corner, and we are playing much better than we were in December.

I encourage all of you to show 100% support to every player on Sunday. And even if we lose, although it's ineveitable there will be, but I urge you not to boo the team. None of them will want to lose any game, especially not this one, they need our support every second of every game, and I for one will be doing my part.

agreed........cant see too many aggreing mind!!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:43 pm

nerd wrote:
rb1976 wrote:

Ah right, gotcha.

Nope.

We've just been unlucky.

Phew.

No need, I actually watched the whole of the game. Watching selectively editted highlights doesn't always give a full reflection of the game.

First half, Reading far the better side. We lacked anything up front, general malaise in midfield.

Second half, good 15-20 minute spell then very much of the defensive until a decent last 5-10 minutes.

Unlucky to hit the bar twice I thought they were 2 good efforts, I was at the game too and felt seriously depressed after the first half, then I missed Bothroyd's goal having a piss that was unlucky too. Lucky I stayed though UNTIL the end to savour that point.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:44 pm

I find peoples immediate comparison of depressing/negative with the true feeling of realism profound.

Just because everyone thinks things are bleak doesn't mean there being negative it primarily means they've thought hard about certain things and have concluded that it is the most realistic outcome in their mind.

Myself for example think we'll lost 2-0 Sun. Not due to being depressing but because we always screw up / struggle against Swansea, Our defence is dire in any situation let alone a crucial derby game and our manager has a proven track record of being tactically inept in these fixtures.

I also think we will slowly move down the table because of this loss. The fans will be distraught at the first double being completed, which will knock on to the players. Who I feel will fall immediately back into the slump they fell into after the first game.

Because it's not your idea of reality or rationalisation doesn't mean it's depressing. God I hate preachy optimists!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:47 pm

BluBluBluArmy wrote:I find peoples immediate comparison of depressing/negative with the true feeling of realism profound.

Just because everyone thinks things are bleak doesn't mean there being negative it primarily means they've thought hard about certain things and have concluded that it is the most realistic outcome in their mind.

Myself for example think we'll lost 2-0 Sun. Not due to being depressing but because we always screw up / struggle against Swansea, Our defence is dire in any situation let alone a crucial derby game and our manager has a proven track record of being tactically inept in these fixtures.

I also think we will slowly move down the table because of this loss. The fans will be distraught at the first double being completed, which will knock on to the players. Who I feel will fall immediately back into the slump they fell into after the first game.

Because it's not your idea of reality or rationalisation doesn't mean it's depressing. God I hate preachy optimists!

I cant see us not scoring sorry, but not convinced we can win, but certainly think we can win that team is capable of magic at times.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:48 pm

I cant see us not scoring sorry, but not convinced we can win, but certainly think we can win that team is capable of magic at times.[/quote]

But more often than not of late, capable of nothing.... other than a few moments that make you go :shock:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:51 pm

BluBluBluArmy wrote:I cant see us not scoring sorry, but not convinced we can win, but certainly think we can win that team is capable of magic at times.

But more often than not of late, capable of nothing.... other than a few moments that make you go :shock:[/quote]

I just haven't given up on us yet! Ask me again after Sunday I may be prepared to move to the we are shit camp then :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:52 pm

rb1976 wrote:Unlucky to hit the bar twice I thought they were 2 good efforts, I was at the game too and felt seriously depressed after the first half, then I missed Bothroyd's goal having a piss that was unlucky too. Lucky I stayed though UNTIL the end to savour that point.

As did I.

Hitting the bar, Burke's miss, as I said elsewhere, utter irrelevances due to us giving away goals from defensive mistakes yet again - those cost us the game.

Christ, 3-0 against Watford and we weren't safe.

Keep clean sheet, worst you can do is draw. Jones seemingly has the skill of organising a tidy, compact, effective defence on a par with Kevin Keegan...

Going back to reading, we had to change when Oli went off. We had a good spell but were then later under a lot of pressure. Good result to get a point back, poor team performance.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:59 pm

nerd wrote:
rb1976 wrote:Unlucky to hit the bar twice I thought they were 2 good efforts, I was at the game too and felt seriously depressed after the first half, then I missed Bothroyd's goal having a piss that was unlucky too. Lucky I stayed though UNTIL the end to savour that point.

As did I.

Hitting the bar, Burke's miss, as I said elsewhere, utter irrelevances due to us giving away goals from defensive mistakes yet again - those cost us the game.

Christ, 3-0 against Watford and we weren't safe.

Keep clean sheet, worst you can do is draw. Jones seemingly has the skill of organising a tidy, compact, effective defence on a par with Kevin Keegan...

Going back to reading, we had to change when Oli went off. We had a good spell but were then later under a lot of pressure. Good result to get a point back, poor team performance.

I hate to agree but have too ours sheets are a dirty as a kings cross brothel!!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:24 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:Some people here burying the club before it's dead. We haven't lost yet, Jesus. Stop doing nothing but complainging about DJ and Naylor and try f*cking getting behind the boys. Some of you sound so pathetic. Support the club, support the team, and support the manager. We've been very unlucky the last few games, and we've been playing much better.

ON SUNDAY I WILL BE THERE AS USUAL CHEERING EVERY PLAYER ON JUST LIKE I ALWAYS DO :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

On here its just Debates/Opinions/Release all your Anger :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:35 pm

Exactly Annis, although I don't think we've got a chance on Sunday I'll still be full of song and full of spirit.

Hopefully DJ isn't full of shit like normal. And is showing the same time of passion and determination as our fans.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:08 pm

BluBluBluArmy wrote:Exactly Annis, although I don't think we've got a chance on Sunday I'll still be full of song and full of spirit.

Hopefully DJ isn't full of shit like normal. And is showing the same time of passion and determination as our fans.

You don't think we've got a chance!!!! Feckin ell that's the most depressing statement all week! I didn't think we had a cat in hells chance of signing 13 players this season including BELLAMY, But we did. We have a chance of beating anyone with our players as long as they wear their hearts on their sleeves and give it 110%, they have the best fans in the world, and the only ones feeling BLUE come Monday morning will be them smarmy six fingered wank3rs up the road!

BLUE ARMY :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:39 pm

oh we definitely have a chance on Sunday.
Cant say Swansea won't score but we create plenty of chances and hopefully we'll put some away this time.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:42 pm

No harm in having debates, some people were not happy with the performance, surely that doesn't make them depressing just stating their opinion. My glass is half full, Reading are a good team, better to scrape a point than getting nothing.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:43 pm

Merlin wrote: We have a chance of beating anyone with our players as long as they wear their hearts on their sleeves and give it 110%

And that there lies the problem, we just don't look like a team that is putting their hearts on their sleeves for the vast majority of games:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:56 pm

You can moan at the end of the season if you want !! But it will be to late by then :cry:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:03 pm

Some of the posts here 'reek with fear' WHY FFS...man for man we outclass them (no-brainer)
If we allow them, (as we did last game) to rule the midfield..ye we could be in trouble, get a grip of that and theres only one winner... CITY

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:04 pm

A moment to reflect before we all get too depressed please.

If offered our current position at the start of the season how many fans would have said "yes please" or "no way - we should be much better placed than that!"

Those in the "no way" camp try and ignore those who sit above us!

We have no God given right to boss this league, but we do have a right to expect our back room management staff to deliver a fit, motivated and strategically prepared team that can when needed move to a plan "B".

We also have a right to expect our journeymen professional footballers to understand and "buy in" to the passion that fans have for the club, the badge, shirt and the "must win" fixtures that make or break our season.

We don't expect you to die for Cardiff, (we do that a little every time that things go wrong) but we do expect you to give your all when you either prepare our team or pull on our shirt. Do that and we can ask no more.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:06 pm

what game was he watching tues,unlucky!we were the better team uuhh!!!,we were lucky to come away with a draw,every time reading attacked us my ring piece had the jitters,we only played well in patches against reading,watford and norwich always looking likely to conceed,DJ needs to get a grip and sort out our defense,no1 PRIORITY,... :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:39 pm

pretty much all the comments n here are negative comments.Yes we have huge defensive problems yes we have had poor results but my fellow bloobirds we have a huge game sunday let's turn this negative energy into something positive and get behind EVERYONE on sunday :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:19 pm

Its not rocket science feller.

We could have put Reading under pressure for 80 minutes and scored two goals...
but they only need one or two decent attacks at our defence to score at least one!

Every team in this division knows we can be got at. and we never fail to prove them right

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:23 pm

Its no wonder the players crack under the pressure of the big derby day, if they read message boards they wont want to even go to the game.
Its like we have lost the game and people are having a go at DJ, the players etc etc.
How many post say IF....on sunday
I remember when fans actually backed the club and players... admittedly it was a long time ago now :cry:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:23 pm

I moan all the f**king time but if I thought the club was dead and buried I wouldn't have renewed my season ticket first thing Tuesday morning.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:31 pm

Aled,
Im with you fella 100 f*cking per cent

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:37 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Its no wonder the players crack under the pressure of the big derby day, if they read message boards they wont want to even go to the game.
Its like we have lost the game and people are having a go at DJ, the players etc etc.
I remember when fans actually backed the club and players... admittedly it was a long time ago now :cry:

If players are that affected by reading message boards then may be the shouldn’t do it as this MB exists to release fans frustrations not massage their egos.

Also again you are falling into the trap of failing to understand the difference between a forum of opinion (this message board) and actively supporting our team on match days.

No-one goes to games wanting or believing City will lose (natural optimism always takes over), but outside of that fans will always talk about the problems that exist with a team/manager whether that’s on MB's, pubs, clubs or in workplaces.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:46 pm

the most important words there were,,,we shouldve,,,,,,,, lets hope those words wont come back to haunt us, come may :roll:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:51 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Its no wonder the players crack under the pressure of the big derby day, if they read message boards they wont want to even go to the game.

If players are that affected by reading message boards then may be the shouldn’t do it as this MB exists to release fans frustrations not massage their egos.

Also again you are falling into the trap of failing to understand the difference between a forum of opinion (this message board) and actively supporting our team on match days.

No-one goes to games wanting or believing City will lose (natural optimism always takes over), but outside of that fans will always talk about the problems that exist with a team/manager whether that’s on MB's, pubs, clubs or in workplaces.

Spot on Tony :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: