Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do they still have that tent hospital?

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:05 pm

During the 6 nations do they still put up that temporary hospital by the castle to take the strain off the Heath hospital?
I know they used to do it because of all the drunken yobs who would overwhelm the Heath when Wales play in Cardiff. If you Google it you'll not find much, simply because the Welsh media have never covered it.

How many football matches do you know of that has needed an overflow hospital like that? and if Cardiff City had needed one in any of the sell out Mill Stad/Wembley games we've played in, how much coverage do you think it would have had? Wales this Week? Week In, Week Out?

Re: Do they still have that tent hospital?

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:14 pm

Berwyn wrote:During the 6 nations do they still put up that temporary hospital by the castle to take the strain off the Heath hospital?
I know they used to do it because of all the drunken yobs who would overwhelm the Heath when Wales play in Cardiff. If you Google it you'll not find much, simply because the Welsh media have never covered it.

How many football matches do you know of that has needed an overflow hospital like that? and if Cardiff City had needed one in any of the sell out Mill Stad/Wembley games we've played in, how much coverage do you think it would have had? Wales this Week? Week In, Week Out?

well said
dont get me started on international day agghhhh

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:29 pm

me too pridey boy! berwyn, you're spot on boss

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:37 pm

And it's not just in Cardiff either, not by a long chalk. Most of the valley towns are no go areas after an international. At least Cardiff only gets it with home games, the valley towns get it with away games as well.

With the home games a lot of the shops here close early before the trains bring them all back because of all the trouble they cause. Sorry, they don't cause trouble, it's just high jinx and fun!