Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Great Turnaround: Mark Hudson

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:46 pm

The Great Turnaround: Mark Hudson

Have a read, and let me know what you think!

Re: The Great Turnaround: Mark Hudson

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:51 pm

Hudson was appauling last season, but fair play to the guy he,s been excellent this season. :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:06 pm

i thought he was league 2 standard at best and did not rate him!

The humble pie doesn't taste the best - but i must say he's certainly rammed it down my throat over the past 3-4 months.

he's quite impressive these days! another great game on Tuesday :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:09 pm

:thumbup:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:10 pm

i must admit he has proven me wrong, mayne naylor will follow :D

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:27 pm

Delighted to see Hudson turn it around, brilliant to see and he's been superb this season.

As for Lee Naylor, well a lot has been said about him and the thing is when we signed him I thought he was a great signing, younger than Kennedy and much better than Capaldi. Good pedigree as well - played with Celtic for 4 years, including significant Champions League experience.

I will say this, his first performances were good, and the early signs were positive. After that he had a shocking game against Millwall, and since then he's been very hot and cold, the worst performance coming against Watford away, where he was subbed after 35 minutes.

Some opponents (Watford, Reading, Millwall and some others) have seemed to bring out the worst in him and other opponents the best (Doncaster, Hull, Norwich and others).

Let's hope it's the best from now on :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:31 pm

I have said it before and I will say it again, Hudson's turnaround was completely down to the moaning from people like me on this message board.

I people say we make no difference ;)

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:34 pm

I will hold my hands up and say I thought we has rubbish and we would lose games because of him, I felt sorry for him. Fairplay to Mark he has become a solid solid defender and gets better as the season goes on, Keinen in on Sunday and out Defence will be very nice.....

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:36 pm

I think the turnaraound is that there is a good player next to him & this has given Hudson some more confidence. Hopefull Keinan and Hudson will form a great partnership :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Then Superkev can play left/right back where needed :D :D

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:37 pm

He has proved me wrong definitely this season. Has done really well. Hope he keeps it up starting Sunday! :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:37 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:i must admit he has proven me wrong, mayne naylor will follow :D

Face it lads Hudson never has been that bad.

I think many of our fans just rely on what the general consensus is and jump on the band-wagon.

Some of the things I'veread about him, (and of course had to argue about :lol: ) are...

- He was at fault for ALL the goals in the play-off final. The TRUTH, he wasnt at fault for ANY of them

- He cant beat a big guy in the air. TRUTH he holds his own, and Parkin, the biggest of all didnt score when Hudson marked him

- He's soft. Well i admit he could be more aggressive - and the foul when Reading broke on Tuesday which got him booked, and also one against Coventry in a similar spot where naylor gave the ball away, were well over-due,but.. THE TRUTH is the guy gets elbowed and kicked in the face regularly and always dusts himself off and gets on with it. He's also shown BALLS like concrete boulders to bounce back with some of the unfair criticism thats come his way.

- He makes loads of errors. TRUTH, he makes some, like lots of players, not as many as others, like Gerrard (but that didnt stop people blaming Hudson all the same, well lets be fair, he doesnt kiss the badge and he isnt Stevie G's cousin). This year I reckon he's got a bit lucky as he's still made a few, but fortunately not been punished.

- He always leaves the big guy to the other man - TRUTH, it only looks like that as when he doesnt jump with the big guy, and the big guy jumps agains Blake, Kev or Gerrard, we lose the header, as they are all a bit small for centre half (more so with Blake and Kev).

Anyway, good to see he's turned a few around, and good to see people are prepared to change their opinions and not be stubborn just to save face. Well done lads.

:ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:53 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:i must admit he has proven me wrong, mayne naylor will follow :D

I think many of our fans just rely on what the general consensus is and jump on the band-wagon.

Some of the things I'veread about him, (and of course had to argue about :lol: ) are...

- He was at fault for ALL the goals in the play-off final. The TRUTH, he wasnt at fault for ANY of them

- He cant beat a big guy in the air. TRUTH he holds his own, and Parkin, the biggest of all didnt score when Hudson marked him

- He's soft. Well i admit he could be more aggressive - and the foul when Reading broke on Tuesday which got him booked, and also one against Coventry in a similar spot where naylor gave the ball away, were well over-due,but.. THE TRUTH is the guy gets elbowed and kicked in the face regularly and always dusts himself off and gets on with it. He's also shown BALLS like concrete boulders to bounce back with some of the unfair criticism thats come his way.

Well said mate, Fully agree with you. I have always seen a player in him and never slagged him off.It was his defensive partners last season who let him down and made him look shit e.g fatty gerrard

- He makes loads of errors. TRUTH, he makes some, like lots of players, not as many as others, like Gerrard (but that didnt stop people blaming Hudson all the same, well lets be fair, he doesnt kiss the badge and he isnt Stevie G's cousin). This year I reckon he's got a bit lucky as he's still made a few, but fortunately not been punished.

- He always leaves the big guy to the other man - TRUTH, it only looks like that as when he doesnt jump with the big guy, and the big guy jumps agains Blake, Kev or Gerrard, we lose the header, as they are all a bit small for centre half (more so with Blake and Kev).

Anyway, good to see he's turned a few around, and good to see people are prepared to change their opinions and not be stubborn just to save face. Well done lads.

:ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:40 pm

a few more turnarounds, and we might have a chance of going up this season

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Hudson looked a little dodgy again at the beginning of the season but has got better, maybe not being captain has helped him but I wanted him out but fair play he has proved me wrong now I hope Jones & Naylor can prove me wrong I love being wrong when its for the good for Cardiff City

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:14 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I have said it before and I will say it again, Hudson's turnaround was completely down to the moaning from people like me on this message board.

I people say we make no difference ;)

I really, really do doubt that it was solely because people like you on a message board slagging him off...

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:52 am

[quote="Lawnmower
[/quote]

Spot on. :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:58 am

proved me wrong as well keep it up hudson,while we're on the subject of naylor my mate works down the vale and he often see's naylor training on his own,billy no mates eh !! :? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:12 am

Hudson has never had a regular Centre Half to play with. Mcnaughton & Hudson look good as a pairing, we just miss Mcnaughton bombing down the wing.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:30 am

he`s proven me wrong! .... i think since he`s no longer captain its taken the pressure off him!