Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" YOUNG GUNS - CURRENT SITUATION "

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:56 pm

As promised I feel I should update you all with what's going on with the fund. As Gwyn has mentioned we are working hard to keep the momentum going to ensure that all young kids in the area get a chance to get involved with the wonderful game and stop the eggers converting all of them which will harm the long term future of our club and the national team.
Perhaps it is my fault but some of you still think that this appeal is about the academy this could not be further from the truth.
Our appeal is to help the development centres where ALL young kids can get involved with football irrespective of ability. These children will be coached and assessed from time to time by Scott Young and his team and any child showing an ability to benefit from coaching will progress to the next level centre and so on up the ladder. Yes eventually the cream will finally filter through to the Academy where the club financed set up will take them on and hopefully develop them into first team players.These kids will never be refused at a development centre even if they are just average ability kids so this scheme allows young kids to enjoy football, keep fit and give them something to do with their time.

We have asked Scott Young and his team to come up with a list of costed projects that they need help with and we are awaiting his report that will e discussed then at a meeting. These projects will be costed say at £5,000, £10,000, £15,000 and so on so we can then assess where we can help as we will not just give them a sum of money to spend where they choose.

Bucket collections are being done at the Ninian Pub prior to matches and on all away coach trips organised by Carl and Annis, and Gwyn has also mentioned to you that we have been given permission to have a mega collection at CCS soon where we hope to involve some of the young kids who will benefit from the appeal.

Some of our message board members off here also mentioned our appeal to their employers and I am currently in conversation with Allied Bakeries who have identified our appeal as an excellent community project and I hope to meet up with their management next week to progress this. I have now been given a name in Dow Corning to discuss their possible involvement also so you can see that we must be doing something right as they feel that helping young kids is something worthwhile doing.

A lot of you have now set up standing orders and others have given donations and I would like to thank you all for your support and generosity to this good cause, but we still need more to do the same and keep this appeal rolling. If we all just gave £1 a month that would make a hell of a difference and keep the appeal rolling.

Sort Code:- 09-01-27
Account No. 85932151

Come on boys we can make a difference to young kids lives.

Re: " YOUNG GUNS - CURRENT SITUATION "

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:37 pm

Yes Clive, THESE KIDS ARE CARDIFF CITY'S FUTURE and THEY DESPERATELY NEED OUR SUPPORT.

Any Kind of Donation is Welcome as little as £1 will go a Long Way :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

CITY'S FUTURE OUR FUTURE

Sort Code:- 09-01-27
Account No. 85932151

Santander Bank :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33684 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:15 am

Great to see this taking shape well done.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:21 am

Clive have you tried contacting Brace's Bread coz im sure they were involved in sponshorship with CCFC not all that long ago ?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:08 pm

I can also confirm that we are in discussion with two major companies in the area with a view to them backing the young guns scheme. Thanks to the two forum members who put the wheels in motion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:47 pm

ridofrid wrote:I can also confirm that we are in discussion with two major companies in the area with a view to them backing the young guns scheme. Thanks to the two forum members who put the wheels in motion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Brilliant Clive, Keep up the Good Work :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: