Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I Have A Growing Sense Of Outrage

Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:12 pm

About the events which have been unfolding yesterday and today and whatever your opinions on the rights and wrongs of what happened after the game at Chelsea events over the last few days IMO are worse.

It has become clear to me from everything I see on the TV and indeed what I witness most weekends in and around Caerphilly where I live that the Law relating to Public Order Offences is applied differently in any case in and around a football match.
As UK citizens we have the right to expect our laws to be applied firmly, fairly and consistently should any of us break them, this is not happening here as people are being treated with such a lack of compassion I can only describe it as brutal.

We are in the year 2011AD and I would like to think as UK citizens we can be proud of our Country, it's laws and it's public institutions but for me the Police, Crown Prosecution Service and the Courts should today be hanging their heads in shame.

In a modern sophisticated society we ALL have a clear responsibility to ensure our criminal justice system considers the rehabilitation of offenders as equally important to the punishment of offenders. Our Courts and the Judges who pass sentance on offenders should consider the likelyhood of reoffending when passing sentance, IMO this is not happening here because if these people were fined and had football banning orders placed on them "What Would Be The Likelyhood Of Them Reoffending"

If you take away the likelyhood of reoffending then IMO you remove the justification for custodial sentances, surely removing the risk of reoffending is more important than this media driven frenzy to see people locked up

This morning our club has issued it's politically correct statement supporting the Police & CPS and condeming the fans well for me whoever wrote that statement should hang their heads in shame as well. If I had written that statement I would have included reference to the club continuing to liase or even educate our fans on standards of behaviour which are acceptable, also on the likely punishments should they break the law but thats just me I suppose. Our club has just disowned them and cut them loose to the certain public condemnation they will get, Where is the compassion in our club?

IMO these guys are facing prison terms because in a difficult situation they have allowed their emotions to get the better of them, anger being the dominant emotion and they have responded in a socially unacceptable manner. But in mitigation it should be remembered that human emotion is a mental state that arises spontaneously rather than through consious effort and is often accoumpanied by a phyisological changes that can manifest themselves in agitation or disturbance.

These guys are guilty of nothing more than the loss of their emotions, the primary emotion being anger, in the UK in 2011 the most suitable punishment of our criminal justice system is to send them to prison.

Sorry thats barbaric :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: I Have A Growing Sense Of Outrage

Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:14 pm

My brain and eyes hurt... :D

Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:15 pm

Zabier wrote:My brain and eyes hurt... :D

Try Nurofen and Optrex :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:16 pm

Argh! Stop using words with the letters X and U in! :lol:

Can feel the migraine (migrain???) starting!

Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:25 pm

The justice system is totally wrong. The police are all corrupt from my experiences, tell lies and cause the trouble.
I would like to see the freedom of information with regard to how many arrests are made at rugby and football then weigh the arrests against banning orders from sports grounds. Ive never seen in the papers rugby fans being banned!!!!!!!!
Surely this goes against a fair justice system.
Lets get the information, write to our AMs and Mps then demonstrate down the Welsh assembly offices and outside police stations just to bring it to the attention of the British media.
Cardiff City also need to hang their heads in shame. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:19 pm

Anyone who I have spoke to about these sentences, people that have NO interest in football, think these sentences are appaling. How on earth can ANYONE justify the severity of these punishments? They serve NO purpose whatsoever, other than to strike at the average football fan and remove them from football. I have seen so much depravity on a rugby night, and nothing is EVER reported. I actually feel unsafe on an international night, and THAT is saying something.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:47 pm

Cant we set up a facebook page on this where people can sign a petition, compare sentences these clowns have dished out on child abusers, burglers, the robbing twats in parliment etc. Maybe even a donation fund in there to help these boys families? This goes for the Chelsea chaps also, as they will get the same.