Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

These alledged comments made by Ridsdale/Jones

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:23 am

If these comments were made by either of them, then they are very foolish. I think what they also fail to grasp is that we dislike them for the utter lack of the truth when talking to the fans (Ridsdale), and the contempt for the fans (Jones).

Re: These alledged comments made by Ridsdale/Jones

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:23 pm

Ridsdale has denied the comments, although I personally think he made them.

However the Dave Jones ones are 100% true; Ridsdale himself confirmed it.

Shocking stuff. The fans bail the club out with the ST money and DJ and PR just moan.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:32 pm

Weren't the Dave Jones/Ridsdale comments the same ones? One paper said Ridsdale, and the other Said DJ?

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:33 pm

Owain wrote:Weren't the Dave Jones/Ridsdale comments the same ones? One paper said Ridsdale, and the other Said DJ?

Yep, the papers do seem to be confusing things a bit. But Ridsdale did confirm to me that the "God" comment, i.e. this one:

And Jones himself said: "I have seen intense hatred at Merseyside and Midlands derbies but I have never known anything like this. When they chant, ‘Stand up if you hate the English’ we stand up too. To be honest, if God was the manager here he wouldn’t be good enough."

Was made by Dave Jones.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:48 pm

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:
Owain wrote:Weren't the Dave Jones/Ridsdale comments the same ones? One paper said Ridsdale, and the other Said DJ?

Yep, the papers do seem to be confusing things a bit. But Ridsdale did confirm to me that the "God" comment, i.e. this one:

And Jones himself said: "I have seen intense hatred at Merseyside and Midlands derbies but I have never known anything like this. When they chant, ‘Stand up if you hate the English’ we stand up too. To be honest, if God was the manager here he wouldn’t be good enough."

Was made by Dave Jones.

I think you need to be careful not to mislead people there.

The God comment is this bit..

''To be honest, if God was the manager here he wouldn’t be good enough."[/i]

I'm sure I've seen it before and beleive that originally this was follewed by ...''for some''

and he's got a point there :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:39 pm

Lawnmower wrote:I'm sure I've seen it before and beleive that originally this was follewed by ...''for some''

and he's got a point there :lol: :lol:

Yeah I know what you mean, point taken. ;)

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:35 pm

Jones eems to be getting off lightly here with nost of the flak aimed at Ridsdale.

Reference in the quote to having seen hatred at Merseyside and midland derbys would certainly fit for our scouse manager who used to be in charge at Wolves.

So assuming it was Jones we can add this to his ever growing list of pronouncements showing his utter and complete contempt for the fans of this club. His constant sniping, telling us we need a "reality check", reminding us how lucky we are to be 4th in the league after such a disgraceful performance at Peterborough and criticising those who boored at the end of the Blackpool game. What does he expect from fans who are gravely concerned at off the field matters and not much happier with some of the decisions he makes on the pitch - a pat on the back?

Nigel Clough said the other day that Derby fans were right to boo them after a poor perfoormance. Rafa Benitez actually apologised to the fans for the way Liverpool had been playing recently but not Jones. Oh no, we need a reality check and we should be grateful to watch whatever performance the players decide to put in and not criticise.

And now, just weeks after thousands of us paid months in advance to help out our club we learn that our manager essentially feels we are anti-english and would not be happy even if God was our manager.

I don't want God to be our manager Dave - just someone who cares about the club rather than his own ambitions, someone who has a plan b, someone who isn't always looking to blame someone else constantly, someone who can inspire his players to win when going behind, someone who at least apprecites that the fans are emotionally attached to the club even if he isn't rather than usimg every opportunity to criticise those very fans who contribute to his substantiol salary.

in other words Jones, we would be happy with a lot less than God as manager - just someone with some of the above characteristics which you yourself are so onviously lacking.