Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why make it up?

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:02 pm

Why would the Express make this story up? Something not right here...what agenda would a National newspaper have aginst PR? YOU CAN'T ALWAYS BELIEVE ALL YOU READ BUT THEY MUST HAVE HAD SOME SORT OF QUOTES TO COME UP WITH WHAT THEY WROTE.

Re: Why make it up?

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:06 pm

what he said was in inverted commas. So if he didn't say what he is quoted as saying then sue them. However I doubt very much that will happen. He has asked for apologies recently from other sections of the press for quotes attributed to him but no apologies have been forthcoming. Read into that what you will :lol: .

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:10 pm

Did the News of the World make an apology to Ridsdale after their recent article that he moaned about?

No, absolutely not - because every word of it was true.

My guess is that there will be no apology forthcoming from the Express either because this latest bile from Ridsdale is also probably true.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:11 pm

corky wrote:Why would the Express make this story up? Something not right here...what agenda would a National newspaper have aginst PR? YOU CAN'T ALWAYS BELIEVE ALL YOU READ BUT THEY MUST HAVE HAD SOME SORT OF QUOTES TO COME UP WITH WHAT THEY WROTE.

Not saying it was right or wrong, but the Express is an odious Thatcherite Tory rag, which probably loves to stick the knife in when t comes to the Welsh.

Quite possible alternatively that Ridsdale has done something to upset them, he has got a bit of a track record !

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:13 pm

Exactly and even if he denies he said those words to the Express then he still responsible for going to them in the first place. He has no right to slag off the 11,000 supporters who have just coughed up £3m 10 months early. That on its own proves there is no evidence at all of an anti-English sentiment or agenda against him personally. He might have a few abusive Emails (certainly not more than 11,000) but tell me any Chairman that wouldn't get similar Emails if they put their Email address into the public domain.

I really think the Trust has grounds to go to the other directors and make a complaint against the Chairman on behalf of its members who were offended by the article, I'm one for sure.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:18 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
corky wrote:Why would the Express make this story up? Something not right here...what agenda would a National newspaper have aginst PR? YOU CAN'T ALWAYS BELIEVE ALL YOU READ BUT THEY MUST HAVE HAD SOME SORT OF QUOTES TO COME UP WITH WHAT THEY WROTE.

Not saying it was right or wrong, but the Express is an odious Thatcherite Tory rag, which probably loves to stick the knife in when t comes to the Welsh.
Quite possible alternatively that Ridsdale has done something to upset them, he has got a bit of a track record !

Oh my God. Sometimes I just give up with the mentality of some people. I'm going out for a walk.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:21 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Oh my God. Sometimes I just give up with the mentality of some people. I'm going out for a walk.

:lol:

I take it you dont agree. ;)

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:36 pm

corky wrote:Why would the Express make this story up?

To sell newspapers, perhaps?

The Express haven't made the story up. They have merely attributed quotes from Dave Jones to Peter Ridsdale.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:57 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
corky wrote:Why would the Express make this story up?

To sell newspapers, perhaps?

The Express haven't made the story up. They have merely attributed quotes from Dave Jones to Peter Ridsdale.

Maybe they didn't say those words. Maybe they have just attributed the words to DJ & PR. But I'm pretty sure they both expressed sentiments along those lines without actually saying those words. That is how the press work.

I think they are both smarting after the booing 'incident'.

We are so ungrateful.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:11 pm

Can't see why they would want to make up a story against some jumped up dodgy football chairman, they're hardly going to sell newspapers on it so why would they take the risk? :?

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:16 pm

perhaps the editor is a leeds utd supporter :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:32 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

So the lefty papers the mirror and guardian wouldent do that ?

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:09 pm

I don’t care who said this or that. It doesn’t get the situation sorted does it?