Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Millwall Away Second Thoughts Anyone?

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:44 pm

Lads, anyone like myself having second thoughts about making the trip to The Den next month? Could this be another opportunity for The Met to set us all up ? Be intersted to see your thoughts on this lads before I start booking the train! :lol:

Re: Millwall Away Second Thoughts Anyone?

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:53 pm

I was going to go with my 2 boys, not now though.I would'nt have any faith in the law even if you got caught up in self defence.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:57 pm

i'm still going, but as a female I think im less likely to be targeted by the police. I think alot of guys will give it a miss after the last few days results.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:59 pm

Terry, I was talking about this with a mate yesterday. I probably will go, but not drink as much as I usually do on away games. And definatly keep away from any hint of trouble. Especially as people have been going down for just being there!

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:21 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Terry, I was talking about this with a mate yesterday. I probably will go, but not drink as much as I usually do on away games. And definatly keep away from any hint of trouble. Especially as people have been going down for just being there!

Got a group of eight of us who are really lookin forward to this one mate so barring a bubble trip we will be goin to have a good day out and cheer the lads on to three valuable points. They came to us with no bubble and no trouble lets hope we can go there with the same outcome. :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:01 pm

TERRYB wrote:Lads, anyone like myself having second thoughts about making the trip to The Den next month? Could this be another opportunity for The Met to set us all up ? Be intersted to see your thoughts on this lads before I start booking the train! :lol:

Terry, There are NO RESTRICTIONS Hmm, in MY OPINION FORGET IT.
If your going just go on an organised Trip :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
TERRYB wrote:Lads, anyone like myself having second thoughts about making the trip to The Den next month? Could this be another opportunity for The Met to set us all up ? Be intersted to see your thoughts on this lads before I start booking the train! :lol:

I'm supposed to be going up on the train from Pompey after meeting some mates down there...... :?

Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, in your opinion mate, what's the chances of either the kick off time changing or the game being switched from the Saturday? Always travel by train mate to London games, always have and always will , hopefully! :lol:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:06 pm

its going to be a nightmare imo

again imo this is going to be another chelsea

walking into the lions den you always risk getting bit

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:07 pm

Twice this season at The Den I have heard Millwall chaps I know tell me about the Met telling them where oppo fans are drinking and to 'do what you gotta do' then doors going in a week later. Defo a nicking for you boys down in the dirty south. Be smart.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:22 pm

C MOB ALL Met police are corrupt as f**k backhanders , turn the other cheek , you never heard this . f*cking police force in general are getting like a police state its a load of bollocks . Best idea is to drink outside of london i think piss them right off.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:25 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:C MOB ALL Met police are corrupt as f**k backhanders , turn the other cheek , you never heard this . f*cking police force in general are getting like a police state its a load of bollocks . Best idea is to drink outside of london i think piss them right off.

Grangeend. Its well known going on's down this end. And to be fair the Met aint the best but their is a lot worse imo, South Yorkshire springs to mind.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:27 pm

yep go on a bus stay way out of london find a pub go in last minute straight in me thinks :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:30 pm

C-MOB wrote:
ccfcgrangeend wrote:C MOB ALL Met police are corrupt as f**k backhanders , turn the other cheek , you never heard this . f*cking police force in general are getting like a police state its a load of bollocks . Best idea is to drink outside of london i think piss them right off.

Grangeend. Its well known going on's down this end. And to be fair the Met aint the best but their is a lot worse imo, South Yorkshire springs to mind.

To be honest the Met cant police shit. But the worse by far are West Midlands IMO.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:32 pm

So you don't fancy a career change then? Think of them nice shiny new boots for free & a lovely new hat :lol:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:33 pm

TERRYB wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, in your opinion mate, what's the chances of either the kick off time changing or the game being switched from the Saturday? Always travel by train mate to London games, always have and always will , hopefully! :lol:

The game at our place was a noon K.O, bet it will be the same at Millwall. Plan for a early start anyway. ;)

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:35 pm

Was in the Navy mate. Turned to football straight away havent looked back since. IMO the Police are corrupt as f**k and funded by the government . Years ago you could approach a copper and have a chat now you approach a copper it makes them nervous . Introducing tasers is a big no no in my opinion we are going down the USA route. I can see before long tasers being used on football fans in the near future . I hope im wrong.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:37 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:Was in the Navy mate. Turned to football straight away havent looked back since. IMO the Police are corrupt as f**k and funded by the government . Years ago you could approach a copper and have a chat now you approach a copper it makes them nervous . Introducing tasers is a big no no in my opinion we are going down the USA route. I can see before long tasers being used on football fans in the near future . I hope im wrong.

Your not wrong. As you say we look at America as if they do everything right. F*cking gun mad nut jobs.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:42 pm

Most of the police force out there are ex army just come back from Iraq or Afghanistan . Trust me you dont wanna be in the firing line of these nut cases they are trigger happy nut cases power mad. I feel for the American people what they put up with f**k that . Sadly in a few years i think we will be in the same situation.

Private medication soon i think as well - Cuts to the NHS already looking to disband it ? this will start a full scale riot what they want .

Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:14 pm

We are Cardiff City????

Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:13 pm

No one likes us, we dont care. I'm going, it's the first fixture I look for, so
it's a day out on the train for me. :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:44 pm

TERRYB wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

At This precise Moment the Club/Police Say its Def 3pm on a Saturday Hmm

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:46 pm

Millwall has always been in My Opinion, the Best for Atmosphere at Their place. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:54 pm

A truly awesome trip.........but as others have said it smacks of a set up.
:old:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:20 pm

Millwall is quite safe, I thought the last time I went, the buses drove in, then a big gate was locked in a secure compound. :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:32 pm

MalagaCF wrote:Millwall is quite safe, I thought the last time I went, the buses drove in, then a big gate was locked in a secure compound. :ayatollah:

Yeah, done the trip a few times mate and never had any problems , police always well on top so definitely goin . Hopefully a big turn out from our lads despite the aftermath of the events in court this week. :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:40 pm

TERRYB wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:Millwall is quite safe, I thought the last time I went, the buses drove in, then a big gate was locked in a secure compound. :ayatollah:

Yeah, done the trip a few times mate and never had any problems , police always well on top so definitely goin . Hopefully a big turn out from our lads despite the aftermath of the events in court this week. :ayatollah:

Its worth not drinking too much at these games, Police will be looking to arrest fans for anything.
The premiership is in sight, would hate to be banned for a few seasons.
It would kill me after being a City fan for nearly 30 years. :( :(