Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So we can't stand up if we hate England?

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:47 pm

How about stand up if you hate Ridsdale?

Will Jones be happy then?

:twisted:

Re: So we can't stand up if we hate England?

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:55 pm

It's odd though because the song iss stand up if you hate Swansea? As I said earlier the England version was aired at the Wales/Scotland game but the whole ground stood up then.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:00 pm

Yeah exactly, it is weird, but then we know Jones has a "me against them all" mentality.

Still, I think we should start standing up if you hate Ridsdale, because;

A.) Most of us do now

and B.) Stand up if you hate Swansea makes us sound like an obsessed bunch of dickheads. I sit down when that song goes out. I don't hate them, I pity them.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:09 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:How about stand up if you hate Ridsdale?

Will Jones be happy then?

:twisted:

:lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:21 pm

stand up if you hate england loud and proud tuesday night then :lol:

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:26 pm

milly44 wrote:stand up if you hate england loud and proud tuesday night then :lol:

NO, STAND UP IF YOU HATE RIDSDALE!!!

Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:27 pm

I am Welsh and Proud and My In Laws are English and take a genuine interest in our club. I wont be participating in Stand up, if you hate England' But Standing up for Joker, Riddler OUT, is a different story :x

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:38 pm

Titch1 wrote:I am Welsh and Proud and My In Laws are English and take a genuine interest in our club. I wont be participating in Stand up, if you hate England' But Standing up for Joker, Riddler OUT, is a different story :x

im english, (left when i was 6 to live in valleys) supported cardiff since the 80's so i wont stand .

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:04 pm

There was a black bird and a white bird who lived together.
The white bird had an attendance of 51 out of 51
at Sunday school.
On the 52nd Sunday he was taken ill.
So the white bird painted the black bird white to go in is place.
He sat at the back.
All went well until the song stand up for Jesus started.
He joined in and started singing.
Sit down for Jesus all the b.....ds in the back cant see.

Same in the Ninian mate.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:52 pm

my wife is english i'll stand...if she let's me

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:25 pm

evans wrote:my wife is english i'll stand...if she let's me

Oh ffs... She'll have to let you as it's not if you hate England it's IF YOU HATE RIDSDALE!! :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:05 pm

All these anti England English songs are just dumb, Half of the staff at our Club are English , its just insulting them!!
And before i get slaughtered I am a very proud welshman. But all those songs just make me cringe!! The players must think we are mad,cos at the end of the day by singing them we are having a go at our own. I have never understood anyone wanting to sing them at a City game.MADNESS in my opinion.! :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:13 pm

undybluebird wrote:All these anti England English songs are just dumb, Half of the staff at our Club are English , its just insulting them!!
And before i get slaughtered I am a very proud welshman. But all those songs just make me cringe!! The players must think we are mad,cos at the end of the day by singing them we are having a go at our own. I have never understood anyone wanting to sing them at a City game.MADNESS in my opinion.! :ayatollah:

Why do I bother posting? Do you people just read the title then post away?

IT's not going to be stand up if you hate England (which hasn't been sang since we left Ninian), or the even more pathetic stand up if you hate Swansea which is what we actually sing.

It's STAND UP IF YOU HATE RIDSDALE. Get that into your bloody head people.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:15 pm

Titch1 wrote:I am Welsh and Proud and My In Laws are English and take a genuine interest in our club. I wont be participating in Stand up, if you hate England' But Standing up for Joker, Riddler OUT, is a different story :x

Unfortunately, my grandpa who was a Welsh miner was born in England but he never considered himself to be English. Saying that I do have English relatives and I don't hate England. I will still stand up during the chants though because it's all jest and banter!

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:22 pm

I did read your post and do understand your point, however I still stick to my statement anti english songs are pathetic as half of our staff are English.
I do understand you are directing your chant at Ridsdale!
Next!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:25 pm

Sorry, just getting a little carried away. Like I say, the anti-Swansea songs are more pathetic in my eyes.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:31 pm

when we are playing other teams I agree!! :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:36 pm

So i am ok then when i come down for the donny game???? I am supporting the City!!!!!!! ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:37 pm

sam salim wrote:So i am ok then when i come down for the donny game???? I am supporting the City!!!!!!! ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Course you are Sam. Let's be fair, if you're supporting the City, you're welcome if you're from Saturn, let alone Sheffield!

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:38 pm

Sam , you and your lovely family are welcome ANYTIME!!! but i think you already know that! :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:45 pm

undybluebird wrote:Sam , you and your lovely family are welcome ANYTIME!!! but i think you already know that! :ayatollah:

CHEERS!!!! MUCH APPRECIATED!!!! :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:49 pm

sam salim wrote:So i am ok then when i come down for the donny game???? I am supporting the City!!!!!!! ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'll have to think about it :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:54 pm

CHOPRA19 wrote:

:lol: :lol: Is that because im answering the footy quiz right my friend?? ;) Im the only one yet who no one got the answer to my question!!!! 8-)

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:15 pm

sam salim wrote:
CHOPRA19 wrote:

:lol: :lol: Is that because im answering the footy quiz right my friend?? ;) Im the only one yet who no one got the answer to my question!!!! 8-)

:oops:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:38 pm

there is always a welcome in Wales for u m8. c u in the Napier b4 the donny game :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:00 pm

saddam wrote:

there is always a welcome in Wales for u m8. c u in the Napier b4 the donny game :ayatollah:

will do big fella!!!!!! ;) :ayatollah: