Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF CARDIFF

Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:58 pm

If Cardiff are genuine contenders then they HAVE to win tomorrow and nothing else

Re: IF CARDIFF

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:01 pm

a draw would be a decent result but yeah im like you, desperate to beat the cunts.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:03 pm

I honestly do not think a draw is good enough If you look at the so call good players we have then we should beat sides like Swansea .If we do not then being honest we are just not good enough and do not deserve anything

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:03 pm

I THINK IF WE LOSE AGAINST THE JACKS THATS THE END OF AUTOMATIC PROMOTION. WE CARNT GET PROMOTED OFF OTHER TEAMS RESULTS WE NEED TO WIN OURSELVES AND SO FAR WE ARE NOT DOING THE JOB. :(

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:25 pm

john52 wrote:I honestly do not think a draw is good enough If you look at the so call good players we have then we should beat sides like Swansea .If we do not then being honest we are just not good enough and do not deserve anything

dont forget, swansea may be a shitty little but they must be a good team to be where they are. Dont refer to them as ‘teams like swansea’.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:27 pm

I'll take a draw as a good result.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:30 pm

I would not as i do not really think Swansea will be there towards the end so really think we should go there and beat them if we are serious contenders

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:32 pm

Agree, & beat or draw away to Forest aswell.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:35 pm

Yes exactly

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:35 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Agree, & beat or draw away to Forest aswell.

No we can lose and still do it 6 of the last 9 are against bottom half poor teams, we can do this stop panicking to early :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:40 pm

BUT why? We shouldnt be thinking we have to win all our games against lower sides (do not think our record is very good on that anyway)We should beat Swansea if we are serious As somebody has said people are now talking about bring in the play offs what happened to finishing in the top 2 and to do that we HAVE to beat sides like swanse who in my opinion are punching above their weight for the time being

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:52 pm

john52 wrote:BUT why? We shouldnt be thinking we have to win all our games against lower sides (do not think our record is very good on that anyway)We should beat Swansea if we are serious As somebody has said people are now talking about bring in the play offs what happened to finishing in the top 2 and to do that we HAVE to beat sides like swanse who in my opinion are punching above their weight for the time being

I agree we need to be beating teams like Swansea and Forest, it's just not the end of our promotion hopes if we don't.....

Forest have an interesting run of games have a look at this, what do you think ??????????

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:57 pm

I think its QPR's to loose, Forest got the momentum at the moment, & very difficult to beat. We still have a dodgy defence, & it will take its toll. Do you expect the current City defence to keep 18 clean sheets?

Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:01 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I think its QPR's to loose, Forest got the momentum at the moment, & very difficult to beat. We still have a dodgy defence, & it will take its toll. Do you expect the current City defence to keep 18 clean sheets?

No chance :lol: :lol:

But I expect us to outscore most teams from now till the end of the season, starting tomorrow :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:01 pm

To be sure of automatic promotion history says we need to average 2 points a game...92 total for the season

This means we can only afford to drop 12 points in our remaining fixtures if we are to reach that goal.

So the Swansea game must be a very important 3 points for us, also the Notts Forrest game.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:08 pm

lisvaneblue wrote:To be sure of automatic promotion history says we need to average 2 points a game...92 total for the season

This means we can only afford to drop 12 points in our remaining fixtures if we are to reach that goal.

So the Swansea game must be a very important 3 points for us, also the Notts Forrest game.

Thats what i mean, with 18 games left we need a minimum of 36 points for auto promotion [83 points] imho. We cant afford to loose any, especially in the top 8. We are currently only 3 points better off that the same games played last season, & worse by six goals.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:34 pm

Bluebina wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:Agree, & beat or draw away to Forest aswell.

No we can lose and still do it 6 of the last 9 are against bottom half poor teams, we can do this stop panicking to early :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We lost to Leicester, Bristol, Middlesbro when they were down the bottom and failed to beat Palarse and Preston at home.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:43 pm

john52 wrote:If Cardiff are genuine contenders then they HAVE to win tomorrow and nothing else

john52 wrote:I honestly do not think a draw is good enough If you look at the so call good players we have then we should beat sides like Swansea .If we do not then being honest we are just not good enough and do not deserve anything

i tend to agree with you on this john.....for me its a must win game.....and its a game i believe WE WILL WIN :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: