Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PLAY OFFS AGAIN

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:25 pm

I have been warning a few of my friends since December about Nottingham Forest. They are the most dangerous team in the league at the moment. QPR have already showed they will be going up automatically, so we can rule them out of it all. Forest are unstoppable at the moment and have great team spirit and are comfortably in 2nd place with games in hand.
As for us, our December and Christmas nightmare cost us so much that we will now have to settle for the play offs. Its now February, and only a couple of months left of the season and as we stand we are relying on a win at the Liberty Stadium tomorrow to 'close in' on Forest/Norwich/Swansea. I am sorry but with the team we have got its been a disapointment.

Injuries/weakness in defence have cost us. A draw against reading midweek was not good enough.Look at QPR going to their place and winning. Its teams like QPR and forest now who are showing form at the right time and are winning games and not conceeding much. As for us, our defence will cost us this year-simple as.

All i hope for now is a win tomorrow and a decent effort at 2nd place. But i know that realistically Swansea will be the most likely to win tomorrow, I am a realist and Swansea have only conceeded 5 goals at home all season but as for us, we cant stop conceeding. I feel tomorrow is judgement day for Cardiff. Dave Jones will disagree but i feel its either win tomorrow or settle for an embarrasing battle to get a play off place with monsters like Leicester, Hull City, Norwich, Swansea, Leeds all after us and all wanting to stop our premiership dream.

This is the best chance EVER to go up automatically but we have let forest catch us up and now capitalise. Put it this way, id rather be in forest shoes now than ours, we have to rely on an unlikely win at Swansea tomorrow to have a hope of pushing on into automatics. I feel if Cardiff are going to go up automatically, we will need a big lead points wise come the last few games of the season because we always choke last minute.

Sorry to all of you who think this pose may be depressing, just my honest, nervous opinion. After seeing the forest result today, last tuesday i really feel we have left it too late.

Re: PLAY OFFS AGAIN

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:09 pm

Ever thought Forest might be peaking too early :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:13 pm

3rd time lucky in Wembely? Would be amazing doing it that way. :D

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:13 pm

Totally agree with you. I am even more pessimistic than you and feel if we lose tomorrow then we are going to even possibly fail to make the play off's. We need to get a result at the liberty.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:34 pm

thankfully its still pretty close, we are due for a good run, i still fancy us to go up automatically but imo we should be leading this league but 10 - 15 points....... i really dont want the play offs again :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:35 pm

not but ..BY :lol:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:35 pm

No one would want to play us over 2 legs with a strong squad. :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:10 pm

Tomorrow is a game i feel we really need to get something out of, defeat & that gves Forest a 4 point gap & a game in hand & the way they are playing can't see us catching them.If it has to be through the play offs let's hope it's Leeds in the final.