Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I will probs get slated for this but i dont care

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:31 pm

Tomorrow is the 'biggest' game of the season so far without doubt.

Were all going to be heartbroken if we loose because we dont want to let the jacks do history on us.

butt .. if the worst case scenario happens and we loose, does that end our automatic campain? NO

If we loose we would be 5 points behind the swans with a game in hand, with 17 games left
Then If we win our game in hand that would make us 2 points behind them, THATS NOTHING.

We've gone down the league by being unbeaten really. we was 2nd/3rd. Won and then drew and end up being 6th. It's just how tight the league is.

On the other hand if we beat them we go a point infront of them with a game in hand.

personally tomorrow i would take a draw if i was offered it before kick off. BUT were better than that and were going to go out there and get all three.

People who believe that a loss tomorrow is the end of our automatic campaign are wrong. This is the championship, everyone moves places its the way it goes.

we need to be patient in this league. and most of all, us as fans need to be patient aswell otherwise we are not going to succeed at all.

Re: I will probs get slated for this but i dont care

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:34 pm

Think you need to take a look at the little club that is Nottingham Forest thats in our way.....They are flying and simply dont know how to loose at the moment, they are going up automatically and can you seriously see us catching Neil Warnocks QPR? ummmmmm NOPE

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:38 pm

ccfcdor wrote:Think you need to take a look at the little club that is Nottingham Forest thats in our way.....They are flying and simply dont know how to loose at the moment, they are going up automatically and can you seriously see us catching Neil Warnocks QPR? ummmmmm NOPE

Nottingham forest wont win every game left :? there on a good run but they wont win every game :?
if you dont beileve in we can get second place, whats the point in supporting a team :?
qpr will win the league but we have a better SQUAD than forest
so lets all beileve that we are going up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:03 pm

I too would be satisfied with a draw, apart from Scunny home on the 12th, we have some really tough fixtures coming up. I would go along with the view that QPR will take one of the automatic places, the other one is up for grabs IMO, EIGHT teams in with a chance!

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:25 pm

If a defeat tomorrow was the price to pay for promotion, I'd accept it in a heartbeat.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:00 pm

We need to win tomorrow, none of this I would take a draw mentality!

We need to be ruthless to get this auto spot

Tomorrow will be one of the biggest psychologoical breakthroughs this season if we win.

Bragging rights, but also the confidence we would gain as a team and supporters.

This could be the start of something big, all about momentum gained from a win!

I believe a draw is still a an acceptable result, momentum would be still be there but not equal to that of a win.

If we draw the big point is the pressure would start to kick in with the players, our table position would look nervous, and we would be closer within the chasing pack!

I WANT A WIN 2MORO THIS IS OUR TURN TO TURN THEM OVER!!! I WANT TO f*cking SMASH THEM I WANT A MIDFIELD TO REALLY TAKE IT TO THEM. I HOPE THEY CAN MIDFIELD BATTLE WILL BE MASSIVE , KEY!

I THINK THIS GAME AND THE KNOCK ON EFFECT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOING UP AUTO OR HAVING TO CHANCE IT IN THE PLAYOFFS - I THINK THIS GAME IS THAT BIG.

Come on the City!!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:59 am

Spot on. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:48 am

ccfcdor wrote:Think you need to take a look at the little club that is Nottingham Forest thats in our way.....They are flying and simply dont know how to loose at the moment, they are going up automatically and can you seriously see us catching Neil Warnocks QPR? ummmmmm NOPE

The little club who smashed you on your own turf 0-2. Finished above you last season. Have finished above you for years on end. Are currently above you in the table. Former champions of England. Back to back European cup winners. You've never even been in the competition, let alone won it. :lol:

Little club? Coming from a fan of a team who had a smaller attendance in their last home match than we did today against Watford. Coming from a fan of a team who could barely get 4,000 at home a couple of years back. A bit above your station don't you think?

Your only claim to fame is your moronic support, you're a no mark club with no real history. Nottingham's ickle club Notts County have far more significance in football history than you will ever have. Says it all.

Keep looking up - NFFC

Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:57 am

I think little club was tongue in cheek and aimed at the obvious ignorance that Swansea are our our only promotion rivals. The point he was making was the opposite to Forest being a little club. Its a play on words like Dylan Thomas (ugly lovely town :lol: )

Keep your hair on scabby :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:22 am

NFFC2EuropeanCups wrote:

The little club who smashed you on your own turf 0-2. Finished above you last season. Have finished above you for years on end. Are currently above you in the table. Former champions of England. Back to back European cup winners. You've never even been in the competition, let alone won it. :lol:

Little club? Coming from a fan of a team who had a smaller attendance in their last home match than we did today against Watford. Coming from a fan of a team who could barely get 4,000 at home a couple of years back. A bit above your station don't you think?

Your only claim to fame is your moronic support, you're a no mark club with no real history. Nottingham's ickle club Notts County have far more significance in football history than you will ever have. Says it all.

Keep looking up - NFFC

Didn't you survive a relegation battle year before last?

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:34 am

2nd place, I feel it will be decided on the last game of the season, So a win today will give the Bluebirds confidence to get to the promised land. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Let's all get behind the boys today. Cardiff City 2 - 1 me thinks. (Chopra 1st goalscorer)

:)

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:20 am

NFFC2EuropeanCups wrote:

Keep looking up - NFFC

Welcome to the messageboard NFFC, should be a good game at your place.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:22 am

NFFC2EuropeanCups wrote:

Keep looking up - NFFC

What matters is where WE all are come MAY :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:06 am

NFFC2EuropeanCups wrote:

Keep looking up - NFFC

You have completely taken the comment out of context. In fact ccfcdor was paying you a backhanded compliment in pointing out the irony that we are worrying about Scumsea whilst the Elephant (is that 'big' enough?) in the room is really Nottingham Forest.

Honestly talk about over reaction :roll:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:16 am

NFFC2EuropeanCups wrote:
ccfcdor wrote:
Think you need to take a look at the little club that is Nottingham Forest thats in our way.....They are flying and simply dont know how to loose at the moment, they are going up automatically and can you seriously see us catching Neil Warnocks QPR? ummmmmm NOPE

The little club who smashed you on your own turf 0-2. Finished above you last season. Have finished above you for years on end. Are currently above you in the table. Former champions of England. Back to back European cup winners. You've never even been in the competition, let alone won it.

That post has irony written all over it. What was it too much Charlie last night or something? Ya paranoid freak! To be honest your post has the sound of a man gripping onto past glory. Granted you were a great team but you ain't no more so get over it!! It's the present and future you got to worry about. You are in a good position but so are all the teams in the top six at least.
Basically you need to chill out and get a life! Add to debate yeah but with a little less over reaction!
And good luck in the play offs this year, cos we ain't gonna need it!