Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

most naturally gifted sportsman ever?

Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:37 pm

who do you think is the most naturally gifted sportsman ever?

for me ronnie o sullivan has to be up there, watching him in the snooker final today he was class, playing shots left handed and right handed.
also usain bolt he is just incredable.

Re: most naturally gifted sportsman ever?

Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:40 pm

Tiger Woods :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:57 pm

George best,

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:10 pm

phil, the power taylor.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:11 pm

micheal jones new zealand rugby player :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:12 pm

Michael Phelps

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:18 pm

Can only be one..........Muhammed Ali.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:20 pm

Its hard to look beyond Ronnie O'sullivan.You get the feeling he's so naturally talented that if he didnt practise for a year he'd still be good enough to win a world title.

Mike Tyson was naturally talented,albeit pure aggression and the wanting to seriously hurt his opponent.

Another was Brian Lara and Sachin Tendulkar and David Campese the Aussie rugby player.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:21 pm

Julian Dicks

Well i might as well say that as some numptys want to believe im Daya :D

seriously though has to be Ali

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:25 pm

blackswan wrote:Its hard to look beyond Ronnie O'sullivan.You get the feeling he's so naturally talented that if he didnt practise for a year he'd still be good enough to win a world title.

Mike Tyson was naturally talented,albeit pure aggression and the wanting to seriously hurt his opponent.

Another was Brian Lara and Sachin Tendulkar and David Campese the Aussie rugby player.

Ali did that after 3 years away from the ring.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:28 pm

Tiger woods without doubt

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:30 pm

Ali or Best

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:34 pm

jonah wrote:Tiger woods without doubt

:D :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:38 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
blackswan wrote:Its hard to look beyond Ronnie O'sullivan.You get the feeling he's so naturally talented that if he didnt practise for a year he'd still be good enough to win a world title.

I know what your saying but im sure Ali would have kept fit and done plenty of sparring in those 3 years.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:40 pm

Lee Trundle. Not only can he get on Soccer AM for running around in circles, he can also empty a McDonalds of all its stock in one sitting

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:42 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Lee Trundle. Not only can he get on Soccer AM for running around in circles, he can also empty a McDonalds of all its stock in one sitting

:lol:

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:43 pm

Andrew Flintoff. I saw an episode of 5th Gear where he was driving a racing car round a circuit, a touring car I think it was, and they reckon he picked up racing line awareness quicker than almost anyone else they'd had as pupils.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:53 pm

Ellen McCarthur.

the fastest for a long time in 'the star in a reasonable priced car'

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:54 pm

blackswan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

I know what your saying but im sure Ali would have kept fit and done plenty of sparring in those 3 years.

Ali was a heavyweight that moved like a lightweight. My God could he dance around the ring. His fists were just as fast as well. He was being modest when he said he could sting like a bee.

Did you see that Fellani tackle on Bellamy last night on MOTD? Well if Ali was a midfielder all his tackles would be like that. Did you see that Goal of the Month from that Wigan players on the half way line? If Ali was a striker all his goals would have been like that. Did you see Myhill in goal for Hull on MOTD? Well if Ali was a goalkeeper........think he might have struggled to put in a performance like that.

Talk about locking threads well this one should be locked after I have said this:

Muhammed Ali is the greatest.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:01 pm

:D

A prime Tyson would have beaten a prime Ali and a prime Lennox Lewis would have too in my humble opinion.

If Ali had the personality of lets say,Joe Calzaghe,then he wouldn't be considered as great as he is today.It was his quotes and quips that captured the imagination of millions.

Great fighter but not THE greatest .

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:07 pm

CHOPRA19 wrote:Tiger Woods :ayatollah:

No contest. This lad walks it . Pulls it out of the bag everytime the pressure is on. Relentless!

In an interview he once told somebody that he was going to focus on his focus.

He's taken success to another dimension.

Close the thread end of story :D

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:09 pm

What a load of old shite. :shock:

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:10 pm

Eddie The Eagle.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:10 pm

Tyson....not sure about that. I reckon Ali would have outjabbed him for fun.

You look at who Ali was up against, Fraser, Norton, Foreman.......Tyson had no one of that class until Holyfield had a chance. Before him tyson went down to Buster Douglas. Tyson/Douglas was like Ali against Henry Cooper. Saying that I reckon if Cooper was a couple of years younger he could have had Ali.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:11 pm

David Davies :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:14 pm

BIG Daddy!!

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:18 pm

from 85 to 89 Tyson was indestructable, and as good as Ali's jab was, Tyson's ability to get inside it and then unleash hooks and uppercuts would have seen him turn Ali's legs to jelly IMO.

Thats the beauty of boxing talk though concerning great fighters of the past fighting ones of a different generation,its all about opinions and never facts,obviously.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:54 pm

maradona :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:58 pm

Snooker final starting now on bbc 2
ronnie o'sullivan v mark selby
watch how easy ronnie makes it look :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:50 pm

ali or steve lynex