Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

For those who were there, what was the atmos like ?

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:56 pm

Seemed to be lots of City songs all game through.

Swansea sounded loud at times, (only once or twice in all honesty) but not so much from them.

What was it like at the game ?

Re: For those who were there, what was the atmos like ?

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:59 pm

It was awesome and mayhem when we scored. Couldn't hear the jacks much depsite being surrounded by them, but its always louder when you are in the middle of it, so they may have been louder than I thought. One guy said he was in the toilet when the goal went in and it was so loud, he thought they'd scored, so it must have been pretty loud.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:23 pm

Amazing!

To be honest the atmosphere during the game was better than at CCS earlier this season and of course when we scored things went beserk!

I ended up three rows in front of where I started and about eight seats across and have no recollection of how I got there!

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:27 pm

It was good. The Jacks played their part. My favourite chant came after they announced the attendance. We started singing "Ninian Park was bigger than this." Most of the chants they were singing I couldn't make out :?

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:29 pm

The pain and anger in their eyes alone was worth the bus and ticket cost, loved winding them up, feck me they are a bit limited down there aren't they, if it wasn't for the swim away, I'm sure they'd just point at the sun and shout bright light. ;)

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:29 pm

What was the attendance Hannah ?

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:30 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:What was the attendance Hannah ?

18,000 plus. Not sure exactly! They'll be back to their 13,000 attendances next home game :D

"You only came cos it's Cardiff!" :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:32 pm

atmo awsome team awesome what a day :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:34 pm

Yeah agree Hannah there biggest attendace of the season just to watch us. Our game with the Jacks not much more than our average :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:36 pm

Binbag on your pitch, binbag on your pitch, bin bag on your, binbag on your, binbag on your pitch!

And when the gypos tried to charge across the netting at full time.. made it about two feet and run out of puff...priceless

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:38 pm

Thought they would have been louder, couldn't make out a few of their chants. Our away support as always was superb.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:04 pm

They thoroughly appreciated us singing about them being english!

It was a proper atmosphere and you could feel the hatred in both directions. How it should be!

They were loud a couple of times but because we were on top most of the game they weren't up for it.

We never stopped!

Well done boys!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:13 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Seemed to be lots of City songs all game through.

Swansea sounded loud at times, (only once or twice in all honesty) but not so much from them.

City fans were fantastic as ever, I didn't here that other little team at all, were they there ????

The goal celebration will go down as one of the best, I am still knackered :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:19 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:Seemed to be lots of City songs all game through.

City fans were fantastic as ever, I didn't here that other little team at all, were they there ????

The goal celebration will go down as one of the best, I am still knackered :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You should of seen Nukes in my living room going f*cking nuts i was :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:45 pm

BigGwynram wrote:feck me they are a bit limited down there aren't they, if it wasn't for the swim away, I'm sure they'd just point at the sun and shout bright light. ;)

That is seriously the funniest thing I've ever read anywhere, I have spit tea everywhere :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:16 pm

BigGwynram wrote: feck me they are a bit limited down there aren't they, if it wasn't for the swim away, I'm sure they'd just point at the sun and shout bright light. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comedy Genius :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:23 pm

It was pretty good to be honest, Swansea fans were quite good to be fair, but it was a derby after all. But when they were playing crap at times, they didn't sing. A bit like us at home games.

But wow, we went f*cking nuts when Bellers scored.

:ayatollah:

Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:52 am

BigGwynram wrote:
feck me they are a bit limited down there aren't they, if it wasn't for the swim away, I'm sure they'd just point at the sun and shout bright light.

but even that swim away stopped the minute we swam away with them, pathetic
it was like dueling banjos what ever they sang we had a reply for it, classic

Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:28 am

You can stick your Union Jack up your arse and the chants of Wales Wales they just had no reply to i liked the chant of 'You're just a bus stop in Cardiff' and my favourite '1-0 to your Capital'

Great day great atmosphere us city fans wre immense :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:05 am

hes not even welsh
hes not even weeeeellllsssssshhhh
ashley williams is not even welsh

"ninian park was bigger than this"

they are some of the good chants. it was good banter all game.