Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A QUESTION FOR THE ACCOUNTANT BLOKE

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:48 pm

I know there is one on here, and a couple on the slowboard, but as usual can't get on that one[It really is a pile of shit -this one isn't much better mind you].

The question is, and I think I know the answer, can an organization - the Trust for example - buy shares [assuming the club is willing], in Cardiff city AFC ?

It just strikes me that to have a 'voice' when things are happening like they are at the moment, if supporters could accumulate a block of 5%, it would give them a lot more authority than they [we] have at present.

Re: A QUESTION FOR THE ACCOUNTANT BLOKE

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:02 pm

Yes. It's in the Trust's constitution that they can hold shares in CCFC and I believe they have bought some. They also seek to act as proxies for other small shareholdings so as to present a more solid front. No doubt the Trust committee members will correct any errors I might have made.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:16 pm

The Trust currently has a small shareholding (£1,000 worth).

We have plenty more money set aside for future share purchases, but the club would only sell us £1,000 worth initially. Nevertheless, that has enabled us to call for an AGM, and we will call for an EGM if the first request fails. The Trust will be acting as a sort of representative for the smaller shareholders as we aim to get the 5% backing necessary for such a meeting (and we are already well on the way to that target).

Although the Trust has a variety of roles and does plenty of other work (community-related stuff, the Fred Keenor statue, etc), the primary aim of the organisation is to give the members (ie: the fans) a voice. That's what we've been trying to do since day one. At the moment, we have around 650 members and £11,000 in the bank.

If we had 6,500 members and £110,000 in the bank, our voice would obviously be far louder, we'd own far more shares and would be taken much more seriously by the club.

Joining the Trust costs as little as £1 per month. The more support we get, the more work we can do for the supporters.

http://www.ccfctrust.org

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:19 pm

Dave was there a limit on the amount of shares that an individual could buy ?

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:46 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they charge the Trust 35 pence a share or the very same shares that PR was allowed to swop is bonus for at 11 pence a share, good wok if you can get it. Allegedly.