Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WEREN'T WE TOLD ONCE

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:54 pm

That the only thing delaying the Malaysian's investment was Sam's signature on the document relating to Langstones acceptance of the debt restructure plan. Was that the case, or did I get it wrong, and if I,ve got it right, what is happening, and why suddenly are we looking at Car salesmen, opera singers and mystery Americans as potential investors.Weren't we told one of the Malaysians was given a place on the board, isn't that a odd situation, if the Malaysian is now looking at examining rival investment from other sources.

Genuine question, and am I the only one confused by the whole situation?

Re: WEREN'T WE TOLD ONCE

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:59 pm

Gwyn, i was under the same impression, but i think what is holding the malaysians back now is that they realised that Ridders has lied to them about certain debts namely the HMRC and they therefore are stalling, cant blame them either. With regards to the other investors i think its all hearsay just to take Ridders out of the limelight.

There is only one person to blame for this mess and we all know who it is. :evil:

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:59 pm

The Malaysians have beggered off - the other potential investors are just spin from Ridsdale to make us feel all warm inside.

Presipice

edge

lemmings

all spring to mind

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:03 pm

I know for a fact that the Americans exist FACT. The rest of them i dont know!

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:04 pm

I'm very uncomfortable with the current situation Gwyn.

It's clear we need extra investment:

- Guernsey property tycoon - Firstly he doesn't seem to have the money to really do the job, and secondly what happened with his Southampton bid?
    - Antonio Gercia - appears to be a fan, but at the age of 20 neither as the money or the business acumen to actually make a dent in what we are facing
    - Malaysians - Well its all gone quiet after the due diligence
    - Amercians - Whos know who or what they are!

Last edited by joncandy on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:04 pm

BigGwynram wrote:That the only thing delaying the Malaysian's investment was Sam's signature on the document relating to Langstones acceptance of the debt restructure plan. Was that the case, or did I get it wrong, and if I,ve got it right, what is happening, and why suddenly are we looking at Car salesmen, opera singers and mystery Americans as potential investors.Weren't we told one of the Malaysians was given a place on the board, isn't that a odd situation, if the Malaysian is now looking at examining rival investment from other sources.

Gwyn

our chaiman told the malaysians that the revenue debt was historic and declined to tell them about the winding up order.
You were at the muni when he was cursing the echo for jeapordising the takeover with their article. the fact of the matter was he knew he had blown it from that moment.
As i have stated before he announced the directorship of tg prematurly to soften the blow of the revenue headlines.
We would have had some money from the malaysians prior to christmas but after that incident they insisted on the due diligence before investing more.
They will not takeover or invest any further in the club until pr has gone. i also believe a deadline has been set for that to happen and so this is why i believe the major shareholders in the club should be trying to achieve this
oh and to quote you gwyn allegedly

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:05 pm

ccfc lover - is that you Stevie boy????

FACT??

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:06 pm

ccfclover wrote:I know for a fact that the Americans exist FACT. The rest of them i dont know!

they werent at the blackpool game fact

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:07 pm

:lol: Dont you dare insult me ever again :lol: , no i am not Mr Day

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:08 pm

steve davies wrote:
ccfclover wrote:I know for a fact that the Americans exist FACT. The rest of them i dont know!

They might not have been, but they certainly do exist FACT (looks better in Capitals :lol: )

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:12 pm

ccfclover wrote:
steve davies wrote:

They might not have been, but they certainly do exist FACT (looks better in Capitals :lol: )

sorry ccfc lover but i thought only keyboard warriors spelt in capitals FACT :lol:

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:12 pm

ccfclover wrote:
steve davies wrote:

Ok I'll bite...

How do you know, who are they (Not names, just area of business etc), what kind of cash do they have ?

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:19 pm

steve davies wrote:
sorry ccfc lover but i thought only keyboard warriors spelt in capitals FACT :lol:

I like good banter but I am not a keyboard warrior, quite the opposite in fact (I am too old for that shit :lol: )

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:19 pm

Ok I'll bite...

How do you know, who are they (Not names, just area of business etc), what kind of cash do they have ?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Mr Bluejay

at the muni meeting he was asked about the americans and he said that they had been declined as to quote him "the figure's dident add up" which loosely translated meant they wouldent give him the 45p a share that he wanted which would have made him a cool 2.25 million from the shares he purchased from his wh sports company for 20k

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:28 pm

steve davies wrote:Ok I'll bite...

How do you know, who are they (Not names, just area of business etc), what kind of cash do they have ?
[/quote][/quote]

Mr Bluejay

at the muni meeting he was asked about the americans and he said that they had been declined as to quote him "the figure's dident add up" which loosely translated meant they wouldent give him the 45p a share that he wanted which would have made him a cool 2.25 million from the shares he purchased from his wh sports company for 20k[/quote]

Thanks Steve, but that does'nt really prove they exist does it ?

Given our leaders estrangement with the truth, that could have been extra 'colour' just to show what a good businessman he is. Can anyone flesh the Americans out, so to speak ?

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:52 pm

nobby wrote:Gwyn, i was under the same impression, but i think what is holding the malaysians back now is that they realised that Ridders has lied to them about certain debts namely the HMRC and they therefore are stalling, cant blame them either. With regards to the other investors i think its all hearsay just to take Ridders out of the limelight.

There is only one person to blame for this mess and we all know who it is. :evil:

I just think they are astute businessmen and can see we are right in the shite and desperately need their investment, so are playing hardball and delaying purchase to enable them to by the club much cheaper.

If you were about to buy any company and knew they were in financial difficulties, would yo rush in and buy or wait until they were desperate enough to sell at a lower price.

The current owners more or less did the same to Sam !!!

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:54 pm

BigGwynram wrote:That the only thing delaying the Malaysian's investment was Sam's signature on the document relating to Langstones acceptance of the debt restructure plan. Was that the case, or did I get it wrong, and if I,ve got it right, what is happening, and why suddenly are we looking at Car salesmen, opera singers and mystery Americans as potential investors.Weren't we told one of the Malaysians was given a place on the board, isn't that a odd situation, if the Malaysian is now looking at examining rival investment from other sources.

Yes Gwyn, that was his only reason for the delays and Sam did his part, so PR needs to explain whats the problem, I know, but maybe he really doesnt know :lol:

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:08 pm

PR reckoned at the meeting that the shares he acquired for 15p where now worth 45p.
So the board want 45p a share for a club thats 23 million in debt.
They are having a laugh.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:23 pm

stickywicket wrote:PR reckoned at the meeting that the shares he acquired for 15p where now worth 45p.
They are having a laugh.

The Malaysians I believe have offered 10p a share.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:29 pm

PR aquired his shares at a discounted rate of 11 pence,allegedly.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
stickywicket wrote:PR reckoned at the meeting that the shares he acquired for 15p where now worth 45p.
They are having a laugh.

The Malaysians I believe have offered 10p a share.

Very interesting and they will get that.

Ridsdale is getting desperate.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:08 am

i believe this will go on and on whilst all the top people at the club squeeze as much as they can from cardiff city and then put it or be taken in to administration.. only then will we see investment from maybe the malysians or whoever.
but if thats what it takes to sort out this club then sooner the better really..

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:02 am

In the press yesterday Ben Steele was quoted as saying, I have been quoted £40m for a 'debt free club' and that sounds about right.

I find that amazing as what businessman would reveal his hand so openly? Surly if you have made £200m in 15 years as Steele is supposed to have done, you would be playing your cards wisely and striking the best deal. What you don't do is accept the first off the shelf valuation.

Also every quote from either Steele or 'the Americans' comes with obligatory 'we want Ridsdale to stay on' condition.

Why?