Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Darcy Blake yesterday

Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:40 pm

There's been talk about the great performances against the jacks, names such as Huds, Rambo, seyi. I feel a special mention should be given to Darcy Blake. I'll be the first to admit my arse twitched when he was forced to replace Super Kev at half time, but after his first couple of touches he really settled into the game. A great defensive performance from a player who is not playing regularly and who was thrown into the deep end at half time. I thought he played really well and what can you say about his solo effort that would have been a defiantly been a goal of the month contender!

Re: Darcy Blake yesterday

Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:42 pm

well said.....there were no failures yesterday though, but Blake seemed to be everywhere in that second half.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:50 pm

needs to be playing more

Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Gavlar wrote:There's been talk about the great performances against the jacks, names such as Huds, Rambo, seyi. I feel a special mention should be given to Darcy Blake. I'll be the first to admit my arse twitched when he was forced to replace Super Kev at half time, but after his first couple of touches he really settled into the game. A great defensive performance from a player who is not playing regularly and who was thrown into the deep end at half time. I thought he played really well and what can you say about his solo effort that would have been a defiantly been a goal of the month contender!

Well Said, ANOTHER HOME GROWN PLAYER :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:55 pm

Quinny was my hero !!! A rock marking sinclair made sure he knew he was there with a brilliant tackle got a bit of the ball i felt :shock: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:44 pm

Blake was awesome - that solo effort would have sent the fans crazy !!

He should be used more though !! :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:48 pm

Darcy,s best game ever. :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:50 pm

blake's solo effort reminded me of Maradona :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:56 pm

That first tackle on dyer by Darcy really shook dyer i think, showed his presence. He did really well fair play :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:07 pm

jonesCCFC wrote:blake's solo effort reminded me of Maradona :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I especially love the fact he did the most resilient defence in the league with the same dummy move twice! :D

Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:08 pm

Darcy is a proven FOOTBALLER!!

Good feet, good positioning, strong, good distribution. He wont get
skinned at Left Back, leave him there. He's a better left back than
Kev. Kev is a better right back than quinny. Why oh why did it take
Jones so long to see it. We'd have been 10 points clear by now :ayatollah: