Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

quality shows up mediocre

Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:07 pm

The better the quality of player you bring into a team the more the mediocre are shown up and the more room you create for good players to excel in. Too many mediocre and the quality can't shine.

I think Bellamy in particular has suffered from this till of late. Ramsey looks a different class in midfield to what we have been used to. His composure on the ball and speed of thought about what he will do with the ball before he gets it allows him to create attacking options for people like bellamy, bothroyd and chopra. Whitts has some of this ability but not the speed/strength and aggression of Ramsey. Burke in contrast to be honest suddenly looks very ordinary in this company. JET also looks like he needs a kick up the arse to find a sense of interest in the game but no doubt he has talent. Like a black Whitts!

Similarly Hudson looks a much better player with a decent centre back partner and decent fullbacks.

If we had a high quality left back and a commanding keeper to put along with the rest of the first team, and they stayed fit, we would walk this league. As it is, if we can keep Ramsey and keep the others on the pitch we have a chance, just as long as DJ remembers to leave Naylor well away from the first team. Nothing personal - just what I see on the pitch.

When I saw the team sheet Sunday I knew we would be much more solid and have far better shape which gave us more than a fighting chance. As it happened we controlled that game bar a couple of minor scares and should have won 2/3 nil in reality with the chances we had. Keep it like that shape DJ please.

Re: quality shows up mediocre

Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:15 pm

That`s just about on the nail having the right players playing in there positions, then there class will show through after doing the donkey work first.Just hope DJ dont decide to change all this , we are now on the move Onwards and Upwards to the Premier. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: quality shows up mediocre

Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:43 pm

hope naylor still feeling unwell at the weekend :lol: