Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JUDO WITH DEIDRE BARLOW GLASSES

Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:43 pm

img003 (640x518).jpg

God I was handsome. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: JUDO WITH DEIDRE BARLOW GLASSES

Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:45 pm

Gwyn thats funny as f**k :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:17 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
img003 (640x518).jpg

SUPER HEAVY WEIGHT! :lol: What class would you come under today Gwyn?

Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:26 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
img003 (640x518).jpg

Just noticed the club you represented.

Anything you want to confess Gwyn? :D

Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:30 pm

BO SELECTAAAA :D

Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:28 pm

i seem to remember having a photo arthur mapps who was he gwyn? :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:36 pm

In good company there Gwyn, with Neil Adams !

Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:51 pm

jinks/cwm wrote:i seem to remember having a photo arthur mapps who was he gwyn? :ayatollah:

Arthur Mapp was my big mate but rival for the top spot, he was picked ahead of me for the Moscow Olympics but fair play to him he won a bronze, one of my if only's was within 3 months of the Moscow Olympics I had beaten both the Bronze medalists with knockout decisions in major tournaments, they say every dog as his day, so why I am still waiting for mine. :lol:
happy days (like f**k they were, hard work) but if I had my time over, I'd play golf, tennis, Rugby Union, anything but judo :lol:
As for the question what weight category would I be in now (cheeky b*stard :lol: ) the problem with super heavyweight is you fight all the freaks, anyone over 100kgs would be in you division. I have fought a 7ft 3"Dutch freak Peter Adelaar, and a Russian who was 7ft and 32 stone of muscle, thought he could pick me up and shake me for loose change, his surname was Turinn, we used to call him Turrin the tank (but from a safe distance :lol: )

I never minded fighting the big ones though, I used to find the hardest ones were the 17 stone around 6 foot ones, fast as f**k and usually strong as an oxe, and for a tall one like me, very hard to get underneath their defense,been beaten up all around the world in my day. ;)

Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:02 pm

was bonnie tylers husband a judo champ gwyn,or some other martial arts?

Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Gwyn, I notice it says over 95 kilos... as a matter of interest... just how far over 95 kilos were you back then? The over 95 kilos leave a lot of room for scope... :D :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:34 pm

good job you got a good personality gwyn :D ;)

Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:42 pm

http://img7.imageshack.us/i/lunapic1297 ... 91194.jpg/

:lol: :lol:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:47 pm

What Dan are you now Gwyn ? Noticed you was Third Dan back then. Did any one ever hit you when you wore those glasses in Competition ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:11 pm

logger wrote:was bonnie tylers husband a judo champ gwyn,or some other martial arts?

Yes Bobby Sullivan, went to the Munich Olympics, used to train with him in Swansea, first time I met Bonnie Tyler or Gaynor Sullivan in real terms was in my coaches house, we were around there helping hime to move house and do some carrying etc, went upstairs and I could see this quite nice arse bent over cleaning the inside of the toilet out and she looked up and it was bonnie Tyler, she was really down to earth, nicer than Bobby who had his head stuck up his arse. :lol:

Bobby used to own the Valbonne nightclub when it was the place to go in Swansea, tight as f**k, catch you for a penny. :o

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:17 pm

Zabier wrote:Gwyn, I notice it says over 95 kilos... as a matter of interest... just how far over 95 kilos were you back then? The over 95 kilos leave a lot of room for scope... :D :ayatollah:

At one time believe it or believe it not I used to fight at under 14stone 7 which was under 95 Kilos, but I would never have made it at that weight all a bit fast and skillful for a big lard arse like me,
So they asked me to go up a division (wasn't a hard choice) and then At my heaviest I was 22 stone but usually fought at around 19 stone, to be honest it was hard to keep the weight on because we were doing so much training, f**k me I must have run further than Arkle in my time.

When I started playing rugby at 28 I was usually around the 17 stone mark, now I must be at least an extra medium at a rough guess. ;)

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:19 pm

The Trooper wrote:In good company there Gwyn, with Neil Adams !

Yes, I'm still in contact with Neil, one of the best things about being in the British team with him was seeing His missus on a regular basis, because at the time he was engaged to Sharron Davies the swimmer, she could barely keep her hands off me. 8-)

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:20 pm

The names Mike Reynolds and John Tanner mean anything to you Gwyn?

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:What Dan are you now Gwyn ? Noticed you was Third Dan back then. Did any one ever hit you when you wore those glasses in Competition ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It wasn't until much later did I start wearing contact lenses, and thank god for them, I use dto be fighting and could't see the scoreboard or even the timing clock, I was like Stevie Wonder out there. :lol:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:23 pm

milly44 wrote:good job you got a good personality gwyn :D ;)
not what you said after trying to batter his loved one on sunday :lol: :lol:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:24 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Third Dan is very impressive Chief. Is it the same as Karate that you have to be 21 to go for your third ? :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:28 pm

blackswan wrote:The names Mike Reynolds and John Tanner mean anything to you Gwyn?

Big mates with Mike, mad as a box of frogs, and his old man John and sister paula, went to South Africa a couple of times with them, mad family. :lol:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:31 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
blackswan wrote:The names Mike Reynolds and John Tanner mean anything to you Gwyn?

Big mates with Mike, mad as a box of frogs, and his old man John and sister paula, went to South Africa a couple of times with them, mad family. :lol:

Indeed they are :lol: Being super heavyweight then im guessing you'd have come across Ian King [Tulloch] a few times :D

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:34 pm

Nuclearblue wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Third Dan is very impressive Chief. Is it the same as Karate that you have to be 21 to go for your third ? :ayatollah:

Not sure of age limits, when I finished I had amassed the points needed for my fourth Dan but never registered them as I just faded out of love with the sport.

Getting a fourth Dan through fighting only is very hard, but there are ways of getting Dan grades as teaching recognition etc. at the end of the day as with anything what ever it says on the tin unless it did the job it meant nothing and I would rather be a good brown belt than a poor black belt who couldn't back it up, like everything else you earned the respect by getting out there and doing it rather than how many band you had on th belt. :old:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:37 pm

what tulloch,that big lad from port talbot ?

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:37 pm

blackswan wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

Indeed they are :lol: Being super heavyweight then im guessing you'd have come across Ian King [Tulloch] a few times :D

Ask him, hard to think the size of him that I used to be able to rag him around, he fecking huge now, the other lads from Port Talbot were Wally Keith Walters a well know doorman down there, and Morty who's girlfriend then wife was one of the first people to win a million on the pools, when a million meant something mind. happy days. ;)

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:40 pm

what year was this gwyn? i remember seeing that couple who won a million in a pub looking bloody miserable as hell :lol:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:42 pm

logger wrote:what year was this gwyn? i remember seeing that couple who won a million in a pub looking bloody miserable as hell :lol:

Must be around 1977, think they divorced now.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:48 pm

possibly a littl;e bit later gwyn i think. early 80,s. i never knew he was a judo bloke. tell me then gwyn whats the difference between jujitsu and judo then please ?

Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:26 pm

gwyn,you talked earlier of a keith walters from port talbot.did he have an interest in motor bikes? as in the ninty,s i raced reularly against a keith walters (port talbot) around the circuits of britain. he also was a big un. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:28 pm

I doth my cap to you Gwyn if you used to rag him around :lol:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 39&theater