Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

West wales unbias report on Sunday

Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:05 pm

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/swans ... ticle.html

Terrible and bias report from the west wales rag. Jouralism at its very worst.

Re: West wales unbias report on Sunday

Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:13 pm

ANGRY football fans clashed with police inside The Liberty Stadium during a tempestuous Swans Cardiff derby.

A number of supporters Swansea in the Eastern section of the ground had to be held back by officers during ugly scenes, which also saw a youngster from Swansea in tears after being hit by a projectile from the away end. I take it the video evidence proves this ?

But despite the flash-point following the final whistle, South Wales Police said the game, which Cardiff won 1-0, passed off without major incident.

They made only six arrests for public order offences. All Swansea fans might I add ?

Among those who were detained was one Swansea supporter who ran onto the pitch in injury time, who could now face a football banning order. the other 5 for other reasons!

Similar to this season's contest at Cardiff, which resulted in five arrests, all away supporters travelled down the M4 on coaches. Police call it a "bubble match", meaning all away fans must travel on official transport. They were then ferried into the ground more than an hour before kick-off.

Officers had been drafted in from other forces across Wales, and British Transport Police, and there were also dog sections and a crew in a police helicopter. f**k me - was Harold Shipman in town ?

The strong presence was also boosted by the use of a new metal cordon — around 100ft in length and 12ft in height — which ensured the 35 coaches holding away fans were protected while they left the ground. Clearly the Swansea fans need one - as it is them getting arrested for public order ofFENCEs! (Pardon the pun! :lol: )

The game, which saw the home side defeated by a goal to nil, largely passed by without incident.

Following the final whistle — and provocation from Cardiff fans Singing and Chanting the usual crap! a number of people (Jack Bastards!) in the east stand tried to cross a barrier which kept the two groups apart. However, officers managed to keep the supporters separated — and avoided a mass riot. = :lol: :lol:

By this time, a number of Swans fans had already left the stadium — with the gates of the Liberty Stadium opened around 10 minutes from the end.

Come 3.30pm, the streets were awash with dejected Swans fans making their way home in the rain. After spouting all their bullshit on AAMB for the previous 6 days!!! ;)

Greg Jenkins, 32, of Pontlliw, said: "We just didn't seem to have any end product — and Craig Moore WHO? was a let-down.

"I've seen practically all the Swans Cardiff derbies since 16, and this has got to be the most disappointing of them all."

Oh well, Never beat the Jacks.....

ben.wright@swwmedia.co.uk

Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:39 pm

Merlin wrote:ANGRY football fans clashed with police inside The Liberty Stadium during a tempestuous Swans Cardiff derby.

A number of supporters Swansea in the Eastern section of the ground had to be held back by officers during ugly scenes, which also saw a youngster from Swansea in tears after being hit by a projectile from the away end. I take it the video evidence proves this ?

But despite the flash-point following the final whistle, South Wales Police said the game, which Cardiff won 1-0, passed off without major incident.

They made only six arrests for public order offences. All Swansea fans might I add ?

Among those who were detained was one Swansea supporter who ran onto the pitch in injury time, who could now face a football banning order. the other 5 for other reasons!

And we all thought the Eggo reporters were bad. This reporter takes the biscuit
Similar to this season's contest at Cardiff, which resulted in five arrests, all away supporters travelled down the M4 on coaches. Police call it a "bubble match", meaning all away fans must travel on official transport. They were then ferried into the ground more than an hour before kick-off.

Officers had been drafted in from other forces across Wales, and British Transport Police, and there were also dog sections and a crew in a police helicopter. f**k me - was Harold Shipman in town ?

The strong presence was also boosted by the use of a new metal cordon — around 100ft in length and 12ft in height — which ensured the 35 coaches holding away fans were protected while they left the ground. Clearly the Swansea fans need one - as it is them getting arrested for public order ofFENCEs! (Pardon the pun! :lol: )

The game, which saw the home side defeated by a goal to nil, largely passed by without incident.

Following the final whistle — and provocation from Cardiff fans Singing and Chanting the usual crap! a number of people (Jack Bastards!) in the east stand tried to cross a barrier which kept the two groups apart. However, officers managed to keep the supporters separated — and avoided a mass riot. = :lol: :lol:

By this time, a number of Swans fans had already left the stadium — with the gates of the Liberty Stadium opened around 10 minutes from the end.

Come 3.30pm, the streets were awash with dejected Swans fans making their way home in the rain. After spouting all their bullshit on AAMB for the previous 6 days!!! ;)

Greg Jenkins, 32, of Pontlliw, said: "We just didn't seem to have any end product — and Craig Moore WHO? was a let-down.

"I've seen practically all the Swans Cardiff derbies since 16, and this has got to be the most disappointing of them all."

Oh well, Never beat the Jacks.....

ben.wright@swwmedia.co.uk

Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:00 pm

and provocation from Cardiff fans

Where have I heard this before? :roll:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Hmmm, they make no mentions of quite a few hundred (maybe a thousand) fans signing DJ is a peado songs. Wonder why that is?

That report is laughable and embarrassing for Swansea, this is south wales and the journalist. The 'Craig Moore' comment sums it up really.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:11 pm

Was a football match actually played :o