Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

if you had

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:29 am

if you had £200mil would u buy the city for £40mil
and how much more would you invest.

Re: if you had

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:32 am

yes i would, and i would invest £80 mil. debts paid and decent players. with another £20 mill in reserve. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:37 am

Yes plus £40m investment. If we went up I'd have to look at fellow investors to chip in as £120m is not enough to keep a club successful in the Premiership any more. Birmingham were running at a loss every week to go up last season, so they don't count.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:55 am

no way, i would buy a paint merchants and make my mate manager :lol:

there is no money in football ;)

Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:10 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:no way, i would buy a paint merchants and make my mate manager :lol:..... i hope you mean me baz ;)

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:06 am

I would yes but I'd demand to run it my way.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:08 am

mrs harry ramsgate wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:no way, i would buy a paint merchants and make my mate manager :lol:..... i hope you mean me baz ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ho you fool it would be in wales ;)

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:26 pm

no chance. I would be gone from these shores quicker than PR spends our money.

Cardiff City would always be in my heart but I will be watching from a beach bar somewhere in the Southern Hemisphere, only coming back for the odd game (whatever level we end up) and to watch Wales away.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:33 pm

squashed grapes wrote:no chance. I would be gone from these shores quicker than PR spends our money.

Cardiff City would always be in my heart but I will be watching from a beach bar somewhere in the Southern Hemisphere, only coming back for the odd game (whatever level we end up) and to watch Wales away.

:lol: i am with you on that one, investing in football teams is no go :lol: its a rich man's hooby/plaything :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:02 pm

A more specific question...

Would you invest £40m of your £200m on a club you have no emotional ties with?

I can't say I would.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:14 pm

Zabier wrote:A more specific question...

I can't say I would.

NO

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:17 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Zabier wrote:A more specific question...

I can't say I would.

NO

If I thought I'd be able to make a lot of money back I would! Not that it's that easy with a football club

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:19 pm

Ok Owain, that's a good point. So here's an extended question. How well would Cardiff need to do from where we are now to where we would have to get to make any potential investors enough money to make investing in the club a worthwhile venture? Premier League mid-table? European competition? Champions League?

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:56 pm

Ye no probs,i,d put in as much as we needed,i love my club no matter what,even my missus understands that.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:59 pm

I would and I'd make a success out of it :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:01 pm

No I wouldnt, As i wouldnt pay off other peoples f*cking pathetic debts, I would save them once they were in Administration, Only what I would do, but everyone to their own.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:14 pm

I'd buy Barry Town and put them back where they belong. The Champions League where, once again, they can play the likes of teams such as Porto

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:No I wouldnt, As i wouldnt pay off other peoples f*cking pathetic debts, I would save them once they were in Administration, Only what I would do, but everyone to their own.
i totally agree with you, we are in this state because of other peoples debts, we are ripe for the taking in administration, would be a cheap buy for anyone :ayatollah: