Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone think JET may end up like Etuhu?

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:08 pm

Not quite a winger not quite a target man. Flatter to deceive and not do a lot in the end.

Re: Anyone think JET may end up like Etuhu?

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:10 pm

How many minutes has he had on the field for us in total?

Christ's sake, give the KID a chance :roll:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:10 pm

No I think he will be key over the season

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Jet has done far more allready in three games than Etuhu ever done for us :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:12 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:How many minutes has he had on the field for us in total?

One full game and a sub's appearance ain't it? I'm quite prepared to give him a chance and will back him all the way I'm just saying I think he has a bit of Etuhu about him. Im only basing that on seeing him as a sub on Sunday mind.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:15 pm

i think JET has more skill than Etuhu
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:49 pm

maccydee wrote:Not quite a winger not quite a target man. Flatter to deceive and not do a lot in the end.

think he's got a bit more class than etuhu!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q-mQVbV ... re=related

Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:53 pm

2blue2handle wrote:No I think he will be key over the season

This

Look how he slowed the ball down against watford at the end. If we had been able to do that against norwich, we would have won

Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:15 am

Seems to have a similar personality of Quincy

But he's the best loan striker in terms of skill and ability we've had in years (if you don't count Bellamy).

Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:05 am

lol, ridiculous thread. JET is a different class.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:07 am

You can tell already that JET is quality.
Etuhu was more resemblant to Eddie the Eagle <o> \o/ <o> 'We love you Eddie' :lol: :lol:

He would put his head down and try to sprint past the defenders into the corner. Never once slowed down
to get his head up, which was annoying as fook.

JET seemed to drift into space better on Sunday as well, and has a powerful shot :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:14 am

JET is 100% quality and will score very soon, He has so much time on the ball and has an aura about him. I really think he will be a pivotal signing for us this season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:00 am

Seconded. I think some people just enjoy being negative.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:03 am

ridofrid wrote:JET is 100% quality and will score very soon, He has so much time on the ball and has an aura about him. I really think he will be a pivotal signing for us this season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

your spot on, be nice to see him on the score sheet sat. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:25 am

maccydee wrote:Not quite a winger not quite a target man. Flatter to deceive and not do a lot in the end.

Give him a chance, now Naylor is being rested/protected from fan abuse, it looks like JET is the next target....

I don't mean you Maccydee, I mean fans in general, when he came on Sunday, some bloke behind shouted feck off back to Arsenal you fat usless c... , this was within seconds.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:33 am

JET is rated by arsen as one of the future prospects , remember his age and maturity now , 5 years he will be a star

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:28 am

I believe JET will be similar to Eddie and Kelvin. I really dont rate him yet. Stll tho he may prove me wrong.
He seems awfull flat footed and when he gets towards goal he seems to panic, maybe when he settles in a little he will change

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:30 am

I don't think so, he was a pain in the arse for the defenders (like burke) on his first game, and his crossing is better than Etuhu, hes better on the wing than up front imo. HE NEEDS MORE GAMES :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:40 am

he hasn't played in champion league for sod all........... the boy got potential could well be key to are season.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:23 am

PhatFrog wrote:

Seconded. I think some people just enjoy being negative.

That's bollocks I am merely starting a debate. Me and a mate both said he reminds us of Etuhu. Not saying he will but he looks similar in the way he carries himself on the ball etc. Both are at top 4 Premier teams and have been let out on loan a lot by their respective managers without setting the World alight.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:53 pm

JET is obviously very highly rated, particulalry by Wenger, but so far I think he has flattered to decieve! Its early days yet and he looks to have some very good attributes so hopefully with a few more games he will really be up and running! Im still not sure DJ, or Wenger, know what is his best position but after watching us play Reading i dont think he can play up top with Jay as they both take up similar positions!

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:04 pm

Be honest. The only reason you make the comparison is because they are both black.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:39 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:Be honest. The only reason you make the comparison is because they are both black.

I dont think macydee was making it a colour issue, he was just saying their are the same in the way they run and move etc !!!

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:43 pm

Been impressed with what I have seen so far, needs to pass the ball more though.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:16 am

MyNameIsAled wrote:Be honest. The only reason you make the comparison is because they are both black.

I am guessing that was tongue firmly in cheek. If so, very funny if not you tw*t!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: