Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who Remembers ?

Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:59 pm

The turn of the year, which for CCFC we suffered two bad defeats, Watford 4-1 and Bristol City 3-0.

From there in we are unbeaten in the league, taking in Leeds, Reading, Watford, Norwich and Swansea - we are still unbeaten since then.

I have told you again and again Dave Jones will deliver Premiership football to this club this season.

We are getting stronger and the performances are becoming more gutsy.

Come on people get behind the team and support the bluebirds and enjoy the ride !!!!

We will look back on a season of signing Craig Bellamy and reaching the Premier league as monumental in our history

Let us be part of it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Who Remembers ?

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:00 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:03 pm

Doncaster home Bells Debut.
Leeds away and Jacks Away Have been the Best Games to me so far This Season.

I have the Feel Good Factor Still in me from Sunday and AS USUAL I WILL GET BEHIND MY TEAM 100%.

Cardiff City 4 Scunthorpe 1 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:10 pm

Thinling back to last season, didn't we go on a really gutsy run around this time that included the famous game against Leicester in the rain :?:

I just get the feeling that there is a real determination about the players and staff that we just have to back through thick and thin from now on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Doncaster home Bells Debut.

I have the Feel Good Factor Still in me from Sunday and AS USUAL I WILL GET BEHIND MY TEAM 100%.

That score would do nicely mate. :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:11 pm

Great to hear that you are confident Annis but there again your were on Sunday too :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:12 pm

carlccfc wrote:The turn of the year, which for CCFC we suffered two bad defeats, Watford 4-1 and Bristol City 3-0.

From there in we are unbeaten in the league, taking in Leeds, Reading, Watford, Norwich and Swansea - we are still unbeaten since then.

I have told you again and again Dave Jones will deliver Premiership football to this club this season.

Come on people get behind the team and support the bluebirds and enjoy the ride !!!!

We will look back on a season of signing Craig Bellamy and reaching the Premier league as monumental in our history

Got to admit, he is changing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Keep it up DJ!

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:12 pm

Two home wins on the bounce and we will be right on our way, looking good 8-)

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:14 pm

4-1 on saturday is 16/1 on william hill. Annis has been like mystic meg lately. Time to win a new coat :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:16 pm

carlccfc wrote:The turn of the year, which for CCFC we suffered two bad defeats, Watford 4-1 and Bristol City 3-0.

Got to admit, he is changing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Keep it up DJ!

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:19 pm

Bloooooobirds!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:23 pm

A scrappy 1 nil win for the bluebirds saterday will do me! Anything more is just a bonus, 3pts anyway it comes will make me extatic :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:26 pm

lets hope so Carl one hell of a rollercoaster :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:41 pm

Number of reports before and after the jack game said we were on a bad run before the jacks game.
Yet we beat Leeds who hadnt lost since we beat them in the reverse fixture
Beat a Watford who I think had won there last 8 games when we played them
And drew with reading who were just outside the play/offs
We have now beaten the jacks and are in form!!!

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:41 pm

Let's be honest though, with the squad DJ has he should get us promoted. Few more twists and turns to come but hopefully we will prevail.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:44 pm

The positivity is refreshing and really is a great thing to have on here!

I think I've cracked it though - it must be...

Carl IS Blazing Saddles!!!!!

The two most positive posters on here!! :lol: :lol: ;)

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:49 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Great to hear that you are confident Annis but there again your were on Sunday too :ayatollah:

I Was and DONT FORGET Carl Curtis :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:49 pm

We dont tend to play our best football against teams from the bottom who are scrapping for their lives.
However, on this occasion, I think we've turned a corner (again) and it'll be 3-0.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:50 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:4-1 on saturday is 16/1 on william hill. Annis has been like mystic meg lately. Time to win a new coat :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

Adam, I am going to have a little dabble :lol: :ayatollah: but at Corals, I get info on City players there :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:52 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:Let's be honest though, with the squad DJ has he should get us promoted. Few more twists and turns to come but hopefully we will prevail.

He should without Doubt Chris, HE SHOULD NOT FAIL WITH THIS SQUAD :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:57 pm

Carl, there weren't many that kept their nerve after Watford but you were one of them. Craig Bellamy told the media before Christmas that we'd see the real Craig Bellamy after Christmas, and I had enough faith in that statement to repeat it several times. His timing is impeccable. Sunday was our first clean sheet in a long time, and not just the fact it was our first win at the Swansea council house, but everyone worked like trojons and the fight and team spirit was back. Only the second time Olifinjana and Ramsey played together and it was a revelation. The'famous'Swansea midfield system was exposed by the highest quality. I've got no doubt that if we get to keep Ramsey until May, never mind promotion, we can win the title. Those little three points might be the defining moment for our season. Scunthorpe won't be easy, but as Dave Jones has always stated, the derby is always only worth three points. Everyone will be focussed for Saturday. That I'm sure

Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:00 pm

if we dont kick on we need shooting :ayatollah: we need to get them positive vibes going chaps :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:02 pm

I hope you are right Carl

Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:01 am

If we play the same back four, perhaps drop quinn for blake i cant see scunny scoring on us. they looked solid, even when kmac went off i still didnt think we'd concede. i got us 3-0

Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:29 am

I think that was the most refreshing thing about the victory on Sunday. The fact that the defense looked
extremely solid. It wouldn't take a brain surgeon to figure out why either. Nails was dropped :ayatollah:

Olifinjana bullied one of the best central midfielders in this division; Darren Pratley and just this morning had him
surgically removed from his back pocket :lol:

Ramsey seems to have more time on the ball than any one else, just shows how class the boy is.
The longer we can keep him, obviously the better.

Onwards and upwards indeed!!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:20 am

To e honest how many times did dyer and Sinclair get to run at us? A few times but not as many as other games I bet. Key was oli in the middle who has his best game, and of course Rambo but the key was Jay and chopra who didnt stop running an closing down.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:37 am

I really want to beleive, i really do. I hope you are right Carl. It's been a long time.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:19 am

I always back the team and will again on Saturday. Unfortuately IMO DJ is a manager you can't take your eye off. He is capable of producing excellent results (especially when the wind is blowing his way) but to get that consistantly we need to keep demanding the best.

I have no problem with doing that.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:46 am

After watching my first ever game on that cold december night back in 1964, have I ever
failed to back this club to the hilt, but like most of my age, time is slipping fast.
I have seen one of my dreams come true and i only have two left, one of those two being to get
to the promised land, but unfortunately, and this is my own personal view, Dave Jones is the stumbling
block, even now after 99% of supporters realising that Naylor is not up to the standard required, Jones
still, in his own stubborn way, picks him, and that is just one example, the others have been talked
about and are ongoing.

The team we had out on Sunday, was quite possibly the best team i have seen in City's colours in those
amazing 48 years of watching this great football team of ours. On match day's, support for everyone
connected with the club is 100% from me, but i'm sorry, once that game has finished, I will be there to analyse
performances in the cold light of day and ask questions of our manager.

I am still one of the supporters on this message board that wants Dave Jones out.
Come on the city :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:57 am

But love him or hate him this is HIS side-he put it together.