Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Best ever goal against the Jacks?

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:16 pm

I’ve always put John Buchanan’s free kick as my number 1 against the jacks but I think Sunday’s goal is now number one. Buchanan’s was a stunning individual goal but Sunday’s was a brilliant team goal –

It started with Quinn and Burke both getting back to close down Sinclair. When Quinn tackles he doesn’t just hoof it but puts a nice pass down the line to Ramsey.
Ramsey, in his own half, shimmies to make space for a pass down the channel to Bothroyd.

Bothroyd controls and holds it up while Ramsey runs to the edge of the box.
Jet's near the box too, keeping tate busy.
Bothroyd turns inside and his pass was like an arrow, straight through the gap between two jacks.

Bellamy’s control and quick pass to Ramsey was good but his next move even better. He faked a run behind Rangel. Rangel sprinted off to cover ‘the run’ and when he realised Bellamy had faked it, it was too late.

Ramsey’s slight movement with the ball to take the Jack defender away from the centre and a nice layoff to Bellamy.
Bellamy’s shot doesn’t need my description, it was top class.

As you can see I've watched the replay a few times :D :D :D

What do you reckon, the best ever?

Re: Best ever goal against the Jacks?

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:21 pm

RobP wrote:I’ve always put John Buchanan’s free kick as my number 1 against the jacks but I think Sunday’s goal is now number one. Buchanan’s was a stunning individual goal but Sunday’s was a brilliant team goal –

It started with Quinn and Burke both getting back to close down Sinclair. When Quinn tackles he doesn’t just hoof it but puts a nice pass down the line to Ramsey.
Ramsey, in his own half, shimmies to make space for a pass down the channel to Bothroyd.

Bothroyd turns inside and his pass was like an arrow, straight through the gap between two jacks.

Bellamy’s control and quick pass to Ramsey was good but his next move even better. He faked a run behind Rangel. Rangel sprinted off to cover ‘the run’ and when he realised Bellamy had faked it, it was too late.

Ramsey’s slight movement with the ball to take the Jack defender away from the centre and a nice layoff to Bellamy.

Spot on! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:22 pm

i,m sitting on the fence here but i reckon that both are equal

don't forget buchannon's goal was scored when we were literally dead and buried so it was just as sweet . bellers goal was on par Ok slighly better ...um i :lol: dunno

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:34 pm

Chopras winning goal last season for me! Not as classy as bellamys of course, but just as special!

Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:44 pm

Bellamys for me, his goal won the game, buchanon,s although a brilliant goal was an equaliser in a 3- 3 draw. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:58 pm

50-50

Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:10 am

Millar from the half way line

Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:56 pm

Nah its got to be Buchanans. we were still celebrating Peter kitchins goal when that screamer went in.Im showing my age but standing on the bob that day will never be beaten in my eyes :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:45 pm

anyone remember alan curtis goal for the bluebirds down the vetch,im sure he cut in from the right beat a few players and scored in the top corner anyaway that's my number 3 behind buchanans and bellamy's :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:48 pm

RobP wrote:I’ve always put John Buchanan’s free kick as my number 1 against the jacks but I think Sunday’s goal is now number one. Buchanan’s was a stunning individual goal but Sunday’s was a brilliant team goal –

" JOHN BUCHANAN " IN MY OPINION :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I was there that Day and its a moment I will never forget :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:56 pm

Maybe it should be an AGE realted decision then :lol: :lol: :lol:

youngesters choose between Chops n Bellers

Oldies like Annis choose from Buchanan n Bellers

lol so being a youngster im gonna choose Bellers goal ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:45 pm

The last one is always the best because it is fresh in the mind....

Hard to choose, but I am leaning towards John Buchanan's goal on the grounds it was at home and in an atmosphere I have rarely seen since....

Craig's goal looks best when viewed from behind the goal....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: