Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mobile Phone upgrade..?

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:28 am

Due a new fone, and going to have a look on weekend for a new one.
what good new phones are out? and can download good applications?

Re: Mobile Phone upgrade..?

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:37 am

It's hard now to get anything better than iPhone 4, can't live without mine!! Although have heard a whisper of iPhone 5 due April ??

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:38 am

Merlin wrote:It's hard now to get anything better than iPhone 4, can't live without mine!! Although have heard a whisper of iPhone 5 due April ??

was thinking of the i-phone 4... but dont fancy paying £45 a month.. lol

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:48 am

cmorris1927 wrote:
Merlin wrote:It's hard now to get anything better than iPhone 4, can't live without mine!! Although have heard a whisper of iPhone 5 due April ??

was thinking of the i-phone 4... but dont fancy paying £45 a month.. lol

I had i-phone 3gs.....upgraded to 4, hated it and gone back to my lovely 3gs :D

Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:02 am

i pay £30 for my iphone 4 and i bet if you shopped around you could better that.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:02 am

Davidreesevans wrote:i pay £30 for my iphone 4 and i bet if you shopped around you could better that.

not too bad then.. did you have to pay anything for the fone then?

Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:06 am

£100, i get 500mins unlimited texts and internet, 3 mobile 24 month. thats was on the day of the release aswell when there were limited options.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:25 pm

HTC Desire,with Android OS.

The business. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:27 pm

yes you are correct, apple would have already been working on it when they released iphone 4, they always update to keep people paying, but they are worth it.

new iphone, htc desire or samsung galaxy are worth a shout mate!

Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:28 pm

HTC desire very good plenty of apps even a Cardiff City one

Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:29 pm

HTC desire very good plenty of apps even a Cardiff City one

Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:40 pm

been looking at HTC's anyone know what the wildfire is like?

Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:54 pm

just got my upgrade got a HTC Desire HD, excellent phone :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:04 pm

I've got a Wildfire, find it great.
1Gb Internet - access is fast, 5,000 3 to 3 minutes, 5,000 texts, 50 picture mails, 500 free minutes.
All for £20 a month. Resolution on screen is not as good as the HTC Desire bit i hardly notice. Got far too many apps & gizmos for me but techies would love it i suppose.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:47 pm

My iphone 4 contract has come to an end now - I told Orange Im not re newing my contract, and Im going PAYG instead - so they offered me a mothly rolling contract with 400mins, unlimited text and 500MB of internet useage, which MORE than covers me - they said it was £20 p/month but as i was coming off a £40 p/month contract phone they will give me a £5 monthly discount - so now im getting everything I had before for £15 a month! :o and I can end my sim only contract with a months notice at no charge!!!

bastards rip you off big time on contract phones!

BTW you dont have to take out the iphone's £12 a month insurance. even though they insist you do it! (unless you clumsy with phones - just add it to your home insurance cover!) ;)

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:50 pm

im allright with insurance.. pay £12.95 to my bank.. which give me fone cover... road side.. travel insurance and loadsa crap ill never use ha
gonna go into town on weekend and c what catches my eye... likely to be an i-phone or a HTC...

Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:01 pm

cmorris1927 wrote:im allright with insurance.. pay £12.95 to my bank.. which give me fone cover... road side.. travel insurance and loadsa crap ill never use ha
gonna go into town on weekend and c what catches my eye... likely to be an i-phone or a HTC...

Getting an iPhone 4 - and jailbreaking it - will be your best choice in my opinion. you also get HD Camera and a HD Retina screen - which is just on another planet to other phones! but as they say, the choice is yours!! :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:30 pm

Got the HTC Wildfire in the end..
anyone know good apps to download for it? :D

Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:35 pm

abf9 wrote:HTC Desire,with Android OS.

What this guy said! I am on a 12 month contract, £25 per month with unlimited texts, internet and 500 mins. HTC is the way forward. f**k the iPhone. :D

Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:37 pm

Zabier wrote:

What this guy said! I am on a 12 month contract, £25 per month with unlimited texts, internet and 500 mins. HTC is the way forward. f**k the iPhone. :D

what good apps are out there?

Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:45 pm

It depends what you want really. I've got the FotMob app which is like a live update for football scores all over the world. I also have various other apps like a drinking games one, poker one, music one etc. You can just search and find what you want really. Loads of decent free ones but also some nifty pay ones.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:00 pm

Zabier wrote:

Once you jailbreak an ip4 it leaves android OS drooling in the dust... It's like the ford ka streetka, THE cheap man's audi TT :lol:

Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:07 pm

Merlin wrote:
Zabier wrote:

Once you jailbreak an ip4 it leaves android OS drooling in the dust... It's like the ford ka streetka, THE cheap man's audi TT :lol:

lol.. it was gf's conract that was up.. and she didnt wanna fork out on an iphone 4..
so i got the htc and she had my blackberry :)

Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:46 pm

i smashed my i phone 3gs last wk :x no insurance oin it either
very lost without it.
anyone know anyone selling a 3gs or the i phone 4???? please let me know :ayatollah: :ayatollah: