Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NAYLOR back in for visit of Scunny?

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:08 pm

Do you want Jones to field the same side as that which won at the Liberty? or would you prefer to see some stars rested for The tricky visit of Burnley on Tuesday.....

Which game will Bellamy play in? (Burnley I hope) So will Whitts switch to his preferred left wing? Is McNaughton ok after his injury substitution at Swansea? or is it best to give him the extra few days rest and play him against Burnley instead, Bringing Naylor back in? I know he is a weaker player, but do you think that because we are playing Scunny - we should rest some more important players for the trickier of the two games?

If Bellamy is rested, and whitts covers, would the following midfield be ok?

WHITTS...............RAMSEY................OLOFINJANA.................JET/BURKE

and if McNaughton is rested:

NAYLOR...............KEINAN..................HUDSON.......................QUINN

what about the possibilites of Parkin starting instead of Jay? then brining in Jay for Burnley?

All food for thought, just wondering on your opinions considering we have a half decent squad and a few tricky games on the horizon ?

:ayatollah:

Re: NAYLOR back in for visit of Scunny?

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:16 pm

merlin i have bad feeling he will put naylor back in :( :(

maybe bring parkin on for last 30 mins?

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:20 pm

I think Bellamy should be rested for Saturday or on the bench in case things go tits up, but Whitts went off injured agaisnt the jerks, so does anyone know if he will be fit? If so, Whitts and Burke on the wings with Oli & Rambo in the centre mid would be my midfield. I would start with Jay & Chops but if we get well ahead, I'd bring them both off for JET and The Beast.

I can see Naylor coming back in, but while I would prefer he didn't, it may not be as critical agaisnt Scunthorpe unless they have a pacy right winger. There is no real need to change the back four, but DJ is bound to meddle...

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:22 pm

No game is an easy three points as many older fans will remember from past experience !

Pick your best available team for every game !

Naylor would not be in that for me !

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:22 pm

If naylor fucks up again its going to be embaressing for everyone associated with cardiff city/dave jones for letting that happen.
how many chances do you need until you are dropped.

Darcy blake to on stand by I wouldn't start him but if someones having a bad game bring him on around half time 50 mins.
bet he has another storming game :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:24 pm

play our best team. SIMPLE!

how many times in sport do you see a team/individual. get so hyped up for a ''big game'' then take there eye off the next game against so called lesser opposition, that goes for fans aswell :ayatollah:

its a regular thing. team plays champions league football in the week, then lose to bolton etc :shock:

BUT DONT WORRY WE'LL WIN 4-1 SATURDAY :D

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:30 pm

i'd stick with the same back 4 + keeper. It would be nice to see players like Burke and Parkin given some game time, but the priority is to win 1 game at a time and we should always field a strong side. I believe the team will look something like this.

GK: Heaton
RB: Quinn
CB: Hudson
CB: Keinan
LB: Naylor/Blake/Mcnaughton (I have no idea who DJ will chose. He seems to really like naylor, but after the swansea game, surely he'll play Blake/Mcnaughton.
RM: JET (I think Bellamy will be rested)
LM: Whittingham
CM: Ramsey
CM: Olofinjana
St: Chopra
St: Bothroyd

Hopefully we'll be winning comfortably (knowing Cardiff though it'll be a close game) and Burkey + Parkin and possibly Mcphail can get some gametime.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:36 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:37 pm

NOOOOOOOO :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:41 pm

We have to pick our strongest side for every game.

I dont agree with resting anyone, they'll be on such a high after Saturday.

Is super Kev is not fit then blake deserves the place.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:47 pm

The Trooper wrote:No game is an easy three points as many older fans will remember from past experience !

Pick your best available team for every game !

Naylor would not be in that for me !

agree,except leave bellamy out keep him for burnley,and naylor on bench :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:49 pm

thge thought of Naylor playing fills me with dread but it wouldn't surprise me. But this is the team i will go with.

.........................................Heaton..................................

Quinn....................Hudson.......................Kienan..............Blake

.........................................Olly.........................................

Burke................................Ramsey................................JET

...........................Parkin.................Chopra.........................

The Subs
Mcnaughton, Gypes, Bellamy, Bothroyd, Whittingham, Marshall.

Yeah that is if Mcnaughton is fit but defo rest Bellers :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:17 pm

The trouble with saying play our strongest side is that it means Bellamy is unlikely to feature then against Burnley or Forest and perhaps Leicester, all of which are perceived to be harder games than Saturday and where we may need him more. No way am I complacent, but we should be able to beat Scunthorpe with a line up of:

Heaton

Blake/Quinn - Keinan - Hudson - McNaughton
Burke - Rambo - Oli - Whittingham
Chopra - Bothroyd/Beast

By all means keep Bellamy on the bench and use him if necessary. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:49 pm

naylor is a no go zone in my opinion! we have other options far better than him! As for Bellamy I think he may be better off playing against Scunthorpe, missing Burnley and then being fresh for Forest away! Obviously Burnley are superior to Scunthorpe but i feel that if he plays against Burnley he may really be struggling to be fit for Forest which is a huge game! To be honest every game until the end of the season is massive now so DJ has some tough decisions to make

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:15 pm

We are not Man Utd or Chelsea. We do not have the squad or the money to beat
the 'lesser' teams with a weakened team. We have to play our best side. Bellers
is obviously a special case but we all know that. Naylor? well if he plays him i will
be f*cking fuming. Apart from the fact that the feller has been shite for months...
what message does that send out to Darcy, or to Quinn, or Kev??????

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:50 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:naylor is a no go zone in my opinion! we have other options far better than him! As for Bellamy I think he may be better off playing against Scunthorpe, missing Burnley and then being fresh for Forest away! Obviously Burnley are superior to Scunthorpe but i feel that if he plays against Burnley he may really be struggling to be fit for Forest which is a huge game! To be honest every game until the end of the season is massive now so DJ has some tough decisions to make

Im now thinking the same! Bellers may be rested against Burnley! That might be the better option. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:18 pm

Merlin wrote:Do you want Jones to field the same side as that which won at the Liberty? or would you prefer to see some stars rested for The tricky visit of Burnley on Tuesday.....

Which game will Bellamy play in? (Burnley I hope) So will Whitts switch to his preferred left wing? Is McNaughton ok after his injury substitution at Swansea? or is it best to give him the extra few days rest and play him against Burnley instead, Bringing Naylor back in? I know he is a weaker player, but do you think that because we are playing Scunny - we should rest some more important players for the trickier of the two games?

If Bellamy is rested, and whitts covers, would the following midfield be ok?

WHITTS...............RAMSEY................OLOFINJANA.................JET/BURKE

and if McNaughton is rested:

NAYLOR...............KEINAN..................HUDSON.......................QUINN

what about the possibilites of Parkin starting instead of Jay? then brining in Jay for Burnley?

All food for thought, just wondering on your opinions considering we have a half decent squad and a few tricky games on the horizon ?

:ayatollah:

Its bad enough having Naylor at left back but it would be even worse if Whitts was in front of him on the left. He can't tackle and don't even try,just runs alonside the player hoping that he'l pass it

Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:50 pm

Naylor should be kept out after keeping a clean sheet against the Jacks. Bring in Burke on the right whoever is fit, he adds pace and width that we don't otherwise have. If Bellamy has to be rested them play either Whitts or JET on the left with The Beast on the bench.

I don't understand this dislike of Adam Matthews as I would have him at right and Kev at left, if Kev isn't fit then play Darcy. I know they are young, but I have never trusted Quinn.

Heaton

Matthews Hudson Keinan Kev/(Blake is Kev out)

Burke Oli Rambo Bellamy/JET/Whitts

Chops Jay

I would go for Bellamy as he probably can't play Burnley and Forest, but maybe even keep him on the bench with Whitts on instead of him. If Whitts ain't 100% then just play JET and it them with pace.

The best football that we ever play is always around attacking at pace, we need to push on and really get at teams, we have some hard fixtures coming up and playing to this system and getting in peoples faces will suit our players.

We could score a fair few set up like this as well as having the skill to retain possession when we need to.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:12 pm

i would defo keep the same defence if mcnaughton injured bring in blake, i would have bellamy on the bench just in case but also bring parkin on earlier as dj keeps leaving it to late in the game!! :ayatollah: