Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Trains to Forest

Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:24 pm

Alright guys is anyone going to Forest by train? If so how much did you pay because the cheapest I can find is £54 each!

Re: Trains to Forest

Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:37 pm

you only want to go by train, so you can get in hooters early :downtow :ayatollah: :lol: n:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:11 pm

lol spot on mate! :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:32 pm

its prob coz youre booking quite late that would have been about 12.50 return if you booked it 12 weeks before the date of the game :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:35 am

Delboy wrote:Alright guys is anyone going to Forest by train? If so how much did you pay because the cheapest I can find is £54 each!

Try booking the train tkts in stages, i.e. cardiff to gloucester, gloucester to worc, worc to next point etc, it will work cheaper but you should have booked earlier for proper discount. Saying that we didnt defo know we were playing this on the Saturday til a cpl weeks ago

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:50 am

BEEP AHM wrote:
Delboy wrote:Alright guys is anyone going to Forest by train? If so how much did you pay because the cheapest I can find is £54 each!

Try booking the train tkts in stages, i.e. cardiff to gloucester, gloucester to worc, worc to next point etc, it will work cheaper but you should have booked earlier for proper discount. Saying that we didnt defo know we were playing this on the Saturday til a cpl weeks ago

BEEP AHM wrote:

Or try buying singles in each direction - thats often cheaper than a return.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:10 am

£31 from Cardiff or £28 if you buy 2 single jourmeys :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:26 am

Have you tried www.thetrainline.com ?

It's normally pretty good and tells you what's the cheapest way to buy the tickets, i.e. singles or return.