" 25 YEARS SINCE THEY BECAME KNOWN AS THE SCABS "

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:37 pm

AND LET THEIR MINING BROTHERS DOWN

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/ ... ticle.html

CANT WAIT TILL WE GO THERE, BRILLIANT ATMOSPHERE. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " 25 YEARS SINCE THEY BECAME KNOWN AS THE SCABS "

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm

From Facebook

Russell Appleby, Jack Qpr Thomson and Lee Brigham like this.

Daniel Picton OHH SCABBY SCABBYYYYYYYYYYYY, SCABBY SCABBY SCABBY SCABBY NOTTINGHAM!! :)
3 minutes ago · Like · 2 people

Peter Nescafe Thompson fucked the miners right up! 'scabs! scabs! scabs! scabs! Maggie Thatcher lovers..
about a minute ago · Like

Lee Brigham Scabby bastards working when there's a strike on
about a minute ago · Like · 1 person

Ash Wilson They get really wound up about that dont they lol. Ah well they f**k my accumalator every week so f**k em theyre SCABS lol :)

Peter Nescafe Thompson BASTARDS..

Jonathan Berry U called nottingham forest SCABBY .. Shame on u
A few seconds ago · Like

Nigel Pepper Did they bother to strike , or were they the first back to work. They haven't been forgiven yet!!
A few seconds ago · Like

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:51 pm

Always a cracking atmosphere at Forest, even if they do spit on us from the top tier the dirty scab bastards.

Can't believe how slow the tickets sales are going :?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:54 pm

On the Opposite Spectrum....And reading this sends shivers of pride right through me, I remember It well although only a Kid at the time.

The men of Maerdy Colliery return to work after a year of industrial action
The Miners' Strike began on 12 March 1984, among talk of closing pits and a loss of 20,000 jobs. Miners' wives took an active role by supporting the picket lines and setting up collection points for food and clothes. The strike lasted almost exactly a year. On 5 March 1985, the men of Maerdy Colliery in the Rhondda marched back to work behind the brass band and their lodge banner, as well-wishers cheered them. Not one of them had broken the strike.

NOW THAT'S SOLIDARITY. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:49 pm

Marc wrote:On the Opposite Spectrum....And reading this sends shivers of pride right through me, I remember It well although only a Kid at the time.

The Miners' Strike began on 12 March 1984, among talk of closing pits and a loss of 20,000 jobs. Miners' wives took an active role by supporting the picket lines and setting up collection points for food and clothes. The strike lasted almost exactly a year. On 5 March 1985, the men of Maerdy Colliery in the Rhondda marched back to work behind the brass band and their lodge banner, as well-wishers cheered them. Not one of them had broken the strike.

NOW THAT'S SOLIDARITY. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

fantastic :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Marc wrote:On the Opposite Spectrum....And reading this sends shivers of pride right through me, I remember It well although only a Kid at the time.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:11 pm

Nowadays you have individuals looking out for themselves all the time, even if it doesn't get them anywhere. Bitching to managers over anything. No more loyalty :(

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:14 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:27 pm

I heard its their stewards that are quite SCAB like?

I remember going to the motorway bridge near Sarn and watching the scab lories travelling past.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:32 pm

f**k me 25 years since we went on strike, this country is now all me me and f**k everybody else,
but once a SCAB always a SCAB,the cops were the same then as today BASTARDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:47 pm

Only 12 in 84
My old man on strike for the whole facking year
But still me and my brother didnt want for much due to the comradrey of the working class communities where everyone looked out for each other
Happy days in sad times
I f*cking hated those scabby bastards then when i didnt really understand what was going on
But hate the fuckers even more now i understand what the scabby bastards done
f*cking shit houses everyone of the scabs

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:57 pm

even though we had f**k all,they were happy times it was one in all in,
we laugh now but spending 12 hours or more helping ourselves at the phurnacite in abercwmboi
of a few bags of coal when the b*stard coppers were waiting for us at the exits,home brew experts at the time as well

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:58 pm

signalman wrote:f**k me 25 years since we went on strike, this country is now all me me and f**k everybody else,
but once a SCAB always a SCAB,the cops were the same then as today BASTARDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The problem is this country is turning into USA. Their way of life and 'American Dream' attitude has started to infiltrate the UK. Its all me me me and who can I sue and can I claim compensation from the person who gave me a Pepsi when I asked for a Coca Cola :roll:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:13 pm

signalman wrote:even though we had f**k all,they were happy times it was one in all in,
we laugh now but spending 12 hours or more helping ourselves at the phurnacite in abercwmboi
of a few bags of coal when the b*stard coppers were waiting for us at the exits,home brew experts at the time as well

Aye remember my uncles (also a miner) home made wine
Made facking bucket loads of the stuff
Elder berry
Goose berry
Potato
You name it, it was bubbling away in the spare room, demi johns every where :old: :D
Good days looking back but very hard times too
So never forget scabs scabs scabs

Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:28 pm

Never forget Maerdy miners picketing on the entrance of Cwm colliery & not one man went through that picket. Total respect to the Maerdy miners,they were solid from the start & it was gut wrenching to watch them return a year later with their banner raised high, brass band playing & being applauded by their family.Thatcher thought she could break them but i think they came out with more credit.Notts let the miners down badly but so did the Hauliers & the Old Bill.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:47 am

PhatFrog wrote:
signalman wrote:f**k me 25 years since we went on strike, this country is now all me me and f**k everybody else,

The problem is this country is turning into USA. Their way of life and 'American Dream' attitude has started to infiltrate the UK. Its all me me me and who can I sue and can I claim compensation from the person who gave me a Pepsi when I asked for a Coca Cola :roll:

Hannah, Sadly Spot on.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:47 am

PhatFrog wrote:

We are the 51st state and there's more chance of us using Dollars than Euros in the next ten years. Soon, we will be watching soccer rather than football [god I hate that word] and supporting our franchise rather than our team - if you listen to the language used in the interviews, its happening in the prem already.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:17 am

Thoes were the days. No money in my pocket I used to steward down ninian park to watch the city home and get 5.00 Plus picketing away i could get to a few away games. A year out on strike all for a better pay(What did we get Fuckall) Now i am always skint wife, kids & dog to support :lol:. I i could turn back time I would go back down the mines tomorrow 250.00+ a week no wife,no kids no debt no worries Thoes were happy days :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:50 am

Derby County are also scab bastards and seem to get away with it. Also Yorkshire wasn't as 'rock solid' as it likes to potray.

The Welsh mining communities were true hero's in those days, fantastic people. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:06 pm

The best part is that here in South Wales the miners at first voted not to strike. The Nottingham miners came out on strike, came down to South Wales and picketed our pits. Our miners then came out on strike because there was no way they would cross any picket line. When the Welsh miners were out then, the Nottingham scabs all went back to work. Thatcher told them she'd never close their pits and they beleived her. They are not only scabs they are stupid scabs to boot.

One great story though that I remember. We would go to Panalta and pick the coal from the waste slag heap and when you've filled your sack you would have to carry it up the other side (about 600 feet) to Cefn Hengoed. It was really, really hard. Now at that time I was considered to be pretty fit, and my brother the same. We were carrying one sack each up the hill and struggling, I don't mind saying. If anyone thinks that was easy then you are more than welcome to have a go at doing it. Anyway whilst killing ourselves to get up this hill with said sack, this old woman with a full sack on her shoulder came wizzing past us. She must have been 80 to a day and she was like 6 stone soaking wet, but she left us for dead. How embarrasing. :roll:

The next story is complete fiction, it never happened but I'll tell you anyway....

When you filled your coal sack on the tip, which took quite some time, the police would sometimes chase you off. They would then take your full sack and put it in thier boot for themselves. Cheating f*8kers!!! Some bright spark had the idea of building a fire bomb which he hid in the sack. After being chased off everyone ran up to Cefn Hengoed and just sat there, looking across and waiting, and waiting... They were even betting each other how long it would take for the police car to blow up, which eventually it did. Not that I'd know because it never happened and if it did I wasn't there, niether were anyone else like. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:03 pm

Although they were hard times they were the best times of my working life, young & skint but we all adapted to it & most i know loved it.Brilliant hot summer & so many memories.When we went back to work you could sense that most had given up on mining & i think a year in the fresh air made a lot of us realise there was a better life away from the dirty hole.Great bunch of guys & the comradeship was second to none, totally different to the dog eat dog mentality of today but it could never happen again, people have changed.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:16 pm

full respect to all those men who stood up to thatcher 25 years on and what have all those goverments done for valleys nothing totall tosers chin up boys lets hope the blubirds bring a ray of sun shine :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:18 pm

RESPECT,unfortunatly there were scabs in my village.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:45 pm

Nottingham scabs will never be forgotten, i was on strike for 12 months and will never gorgive thosedirty bastards.
I was in St Johns pit in Maesteg, no money for 12 months, could not pay the mortgage, no food in the cupboard, going on the
railway sidings behind the bob bank to climb the wall to watch the city, all hard times but good in a funny old way, we were standing up fighting for our jobs and preserving our communities - and those nottingham scabs shit on us on the promise from the thatcher government of saving their jobs, how wrong they were and now their pits have closed.
They will never be forgotten, and will be reminded about it next week - judas bastards :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:

Hannah, Sadly Spot on.

Annis, I may be mistaken but I thought you were a tory ! :lol:

Didnt you vote in the government that pushed through the pit closures ?

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:07 pm

This song & the photo's sum the strike up brilliantly especially the photo at 1:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O76fVD7H ... re=related

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:21 pm

bluebirds over.... wrote:This song & the photo's sum the strike up brilliantly especially the photo at 1:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O76fVD7H ... re=related

Brilliant mate.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ...I personally know the man holding the banner (33 seconds in)...his name is Alan (Massum)..Legend of a guy. (Someone who was a lot older than me was "picking" on me one night in the pub when I was about 17, he knocked him out in one for doing so) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:03 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:Nottingham scabs will never be forgotten, i was on strike for 12 monhs and will never gorgive thosedirty bastards.
I was in St Johns pit in Maesteg, no money for 12 months, could not pay the mortgage, no food in the cupboard, going on the
railway sidings behind the bob bank to climb the wall to watch the city, all hard times but good in a funny old way, we were standing up fighting for our jobs and preserving our communities - and those nottingham scabs shit on us on the promise from the thatcher government of saving their jobs, how wrong they were and now their pits have closed.
They will never be forgotten, and will be reminded about it next week - judas bastards :ayatollah:

My Father and Grampa both worked in St Johns pit - or Cwmdu as it was also known. I was 18 at the time, and remember it well. Tensions were running high. How anyone could cross a picket line is beyond me. I remember one part time copper bragging about the money he earned policing the picket lines - he was taken out of the pub in Maesteg by the landlorn for his owen safety, the c*unt.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:18 pm

.....and here's to 25 more...scabby cnuts :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:09 pm

099 sound system wrote:
Neath Bluebird wrote:Nottingham scabs will never be forgotten, i was on strike for 12 monhs and will never gorgive thosedirty bastards.

My Father and Grampa both worked in St Johns pit - or Cwmdu as it was also known. I was 18 at the time, and remember it well. Tensions were running high. How anyone could cross a picket line is beyond me. I remember one part time copper bragging about the money he earned policing the picket lines - he was taken out of the pub in Maesteg by the landlorn for his owen safety, the c*unt.

The police used to send a lone copper in to the pub with a t-shirt saying something like "Miners pay my mortgage off" or words to that effect. The people in there then would kick off and as soon as it did the couple of van loads of coppers waiting around the corner would wade in with their battons. The police were well known for it and the clever ones learned very quickly to watch out for it.
In a pub near where I live they tried it. The copper went in and despite mouthing off and trying his best, no one reacted they just let him carry on. There's a second part to this story but I suppose you've got to be careful what you say on a public mb. :lol: