Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MAJORITY OF CHELSEA FANS ARE GOING NOT GUILTY "

Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:34 pm

" MAJORITY OF CHELSEA FANS ARE GOING NOT GUILTY "
And in my Opinion they did more than Cardiff did if you look at the DVD.

There are a few going Guilty and they will be Sentenced this month.
But personally if your going to prison any way you may as well fight it and go all the way, thats what the Chelsea Lawyers are telling them as a Jury would not want to send you to prison for some of the minor things that fans have been going to prison for. Thats my belief as well.
Very interesting to see what happens with the Chelsea lot.

Re: " MAJORITY OF CHELSEA FANS ARE GOING NOT GUILTY "

Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:52 pm

after watching the videos on youtube i would NEVER PLEAD GUILTY..... to be honest i cant really understand why so many did...... let them go to the expense and hassle of getting a jury in, waste court time, the longer you drag it out the more likely it is the case will be dropped or the charges reduced...... NEVER PLEAD GUILTY especially when ITS SELF DEFENCE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" MAJORITY OF CHELSEA FANS ARE GOING NOT GUILTY "
And in my Opinion they did more than Cardiff did if you look at the DVD.

There are a few going Guilty and they will be Sentenced this month.
But personally if your going to prison any way you may as well fight it and go all the way, thats what the Chelsea Lawyers are telling them as a Jury would not want to send you to prison for some of the minor things that fans have been going to prison for. Thats my belief as well.
Very interesting to see what happens with the Chelsea lot.

Are the Chelsea lawyers linked with Abramovich per chance? :roll:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:23 pm

I have to reply to this and don't want to sound stupid. The Chelsea fans arrested have seen the stupid harsh sentences dished out to the City fans and it looks like they are biting the bullet and taking a chance the trial gets them off...you can't really blame anyone for pleaded not guilty...especially those that are hardly in the frame at all and are charged with section 2 or section 3.

We were advised to plead guilty on the grounds of we were banged to rights(in my sons case) and we were hopeful that his clean record, fantastic references, family situation etc would help his cause, plus the government money saving early guilty plea...however the barristors were all left dumbfounded when the sentences were issued,everyone was in shock...it seems this case is special and a landmark case, I have attended court loads of times with different fans over the years for worse than what happened up there and the most we used to worry about was fighting against the FBO'S (football banning orders)...the only saving grace was the credit given by the court and all sentences were halved immediately because of the guilty pleas.

The problem with this case appears to be the amount of money allocated to it, it can drag on as long as it likes they will do all they can to get guilty verdicts...thats all they need...the jury don't decide the sentence, just the verdict and to 12 laymen and women from the affluent Chelsea area, it looks like a riot in their posh shopping area,and then the judge will be looking at dishing out long sentences with no credit given or time taken off...2 years will mean 2 years, less good behaviour time.He has already stated that the sentences will be harsh in his summary at the start of sentencing for all guilty verdicts.

Saying all of that, it looks to me as if they are thinking that its worth a go...you never know some could get lucky, for others it could mean up to 5 full years, its a chance they take, but the way this case has been so far...you can't balme them.

Today my son and many of the other City fans are being moved out of the scrubs to Worcester jail, this will make visiting easier for all the families.

Good luck to all fans left to go on trial, I hope you all get off.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:47 pm

corky wrote:I have to reply to this and don't want to sound stupid. The Chelsea fans arrested have seen the stupid harsh sentences dished out to the City fans and it looks like they are biting the bullet and taking a chance the trial gets them off...you can't really blame anyone for pleaded not guilty...especially those that are hardly in the frame at all and are charged with section 2 or section 3.

We were advised to plead guilty on the grounds of we were banged to rights(in my sons case) and we were hopeful that his clean record, fantastic references, family situation etc would help his cause, plus the government money saving early guilty plea...however the barristors were all left dumbfounded when the sentences were issued,everyone was in shock...it seems this case is special and a landmark case, I have attended court loads of times with different fans over the years for worse than what happened up there and the most we used to worry about was fighting against the FBO'S (football banning orders)...the only saving grace was the credit given by the court and all sentences were halved immediately because of the guilty pleas.

The problem with this case appears to be the amount of money allocated to it, it can drag on as long as it likes they will do all they can to get guilty verdicts...thats all they need...the jury don't decide the sentence, just the verdict and to 12 laymen and women from the affluent Chelsea area, it looks like a riot in their posh shopping area,and then the judge will be looking at dishing out long sentences with no credit given or time taken off...2 years will mean 2 years, less good behaviour time.He has already stated that the sentences will be harsh in his summary at the start of sentencing for all guilty verdicts.

Saying all of that, it looks to me as if they are thinking that its worth a go...you never know some could get lucky, for others it could mean up to 5 full years, its a chance they take, but the way this case has been so far...you can't balme them.

Today my son and many of the other City fans are being moved out of the scrubs to Worcester jail, this will make visiting easier for all the families.

Good luck to all fans left to go on trial, I hope you all get off.

Cheers Corky :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:03 pm

i do not want to upset the families of the boys already sent down but i hope all the boys up
before the courts get away with it even the chelsea fans i wouldnt want anyone to go to prison
it the families that suffer the most good luck to you all