Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Forum move to Canton Stand?

Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:32 pm

Now that Carl clarified in his update about the club's proposals for the Canton Stand next season is anybody relocating or are we staying where we are just curious because I've got to renew soon and was going to wait until i knew what was happening with this move cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Forum move to Canton Stand?

Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:36 pm

Staying where I am (117) as I fecking hate bing behind the goal....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:42 pm

I am staying where I am for now, Where I sit even if promoted, WE KEEP OUR SEATS, About 50 of us have agreed, Perfect position for Watching the City and Atmosphere can be improved by US :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:57 pm

This must confuse a lot of people, first we call for and support a move, then apparently 50 have said they are staying where they are to improve the atmosphere, well best of luck doing it from a seated position, because they wont be letting you stand next year, watch this space. :old:

Losing us credibility in my opinion.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:03 pm

BigGwynram wrote:This must confuse a lot of people, first we call for and support a move, then apparently 50 have said they are staying where they are to improve the atmosphere, well best of luck doing it from a seated position, because they wont be letting you stand next year, watch this space. :old:

Gwyn,

Most people by me have decided they dont want to move, their view of the game is virtually spot on. I was up for it, but a lot of my mates sit by me there, I was going to meet Julian about it this am, but I had to go some where at the last minute.

Also if I move, I wont be accountable to anyone, the empty seats are there 2,000 of them, I dont need certain people deciding for me. I will just go and swop seats, not when they decide to discuss it.

If I am honest I keep changing my mind :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:08 pm

BigGwynram wrote:This must confuse a lot of people, first we call for and support a move, then apparently 50 have said they are staying where they are to improve the atmosphere, well best of luck doing it from a seated position, because they wont be letting you stand next year, watch this space. :old:

Agreed Gwyn, a real lost opportunity. :(

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:10 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:

Agreed Gwyn, a real lost opportunity. :(

No one is stopping people, Are you moving there or are you there already ?

I considered it and have decided for now I am happy where I am :ayatollah:
Just because I will go when I want to,it does not stop others.

The other point is were not affected by me if were promoted, The Club offered us to move, Some have agreed to move others havent.

If I am honest I keep changing my mind :lol:

I Discussed it for over 2 hrs yesterday and We still have till March 31st to Decide,but at the moment I would like the Ninian Stand to come alive more :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:37 pm

I'm still in two minds. Club still haven't answered my question whether our 3 seats are in jeopardy next season or not.

I can agree with Annis not moving.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:39 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I'm still in two minds. Club still haven't answered my question whether our 3 seats are in jeopardy next season or not.

Adam, Last home game was a laugh and added that the View is better where we are than the Canton Stand, things like that change my mind back and for.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:54 pm

Come over to the Canton side lads... we have cookies! :D :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I'm still in two minds. Club still haven't answered my question whether our 3 seats are in jeopardy next season or not.

Adam, Last home game was a laugh and added that the View is better where we are than the Canton Stand, things like that change my mind back and for.

Very true, it was. Needs to continue this Saturday.

I do worry though that each home game will be the one where my season card gets cancelled :(

Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:09 pm

I'm gonna move.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I am staying where I am for now, Where I sit even if promoted, WE KEEP OUR SEATS, About 50 of us have agreed, Perfect position for Watching the City and Atmosphere can be improved by US :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on, Annis....it's PEOPLE that make an atmosphere and NOT seats!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:09 pm

Disappointing but totally respect everyone's individual decision on where they sit. I just thought that all singers together in one place had to be the right move for increased atmosphere, to get the Canton like the old Bob Bank was a really exciting prospect. The club have gone out of there way to try to accommodate the move. If people chose to sit in a "no standing" area and put view before their right to stand and sing, I totally respect their choice, but you can't really blame the stadium if the atmosphere is sometimes a bit flat, and if you get into trouble for standing in the Ninian Stand, you can't really complain.

I do see this as a missed opportunity to create something special. I do also agree with Gwyn that after all the critisim aimed at the Trust when people thought they opposed the move, to do a u-turn at this stage has lost us some credibility.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:14 pm

I AGREE WITH ANNIIS ON THIS. I FEEL 116 WILL BE THE PLACE TO BE WHEN WE GET TO THE PREMIER(PLEASE GOD THIS SEASON)
I KNOW PEOPLE ARE RENEWING THEIR TICKETS THAT CURRENTLY SIT IN 117 AND118 ARE MOVING TO THIS AREA.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
3- 0 TO CARDIFF SAT