Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

our future welsh team

Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:17 pm

if as has been stated that a great britain team is entered in the olympics and certain players do have no choice but to end their welsh career,then i feel we as a nation will not have a competitive team for the forseeable future,it is a shame :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: our future welsh team

Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:19 pm

Well IMO people in wales who dont support the likes of Cardiff,wrexham,newport,merthyr, colwyn bay and that smaller team by llanell, but instead support prem teams need to get their asses down to watch WELSH league matches...get some money in the league will provide the teams with academies there fore bringing in more talented WELSH players :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:11 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Well IMO people in wales who dont support the likes of Cardiff,wrexham,newport,merthyr, colwyn bay and that smaller team by llanell, but instead support prem teams need to get their asses down to watch WELSH league matches...get some money in the league will provide the teams with academies there fore bringing in more talented WELSH players :ayatollah:

my point is that welsh F.A will ban any player that plays for G.B,if this happens then we have a welsh team no stronger than the team we played on tuesday,and that is not good for welsh football :ayatollah: :ayatollah: and i do agree with your comments :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:42 pm

The only reason the old farts on the WFA will ban players is because it will give FIFA the chance to have a GB team for future world cups. This will then mean all committee menbers will miss out on their free trips and corporate entertainment

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:18 pm

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:The only reason the old farts on the WFA will ban players is because it will give FIFA the chance to have a GB team for future world cups. This will then mean all committee menbers will miss out on their free trips and corporate entertainment

totally agree, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: