Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea's reality check

Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:05 pm

From the BBC Sport website over the potential deal for Jason Scotland:

quote from Paul Jewell...

"We're not going to let Jason go somewhere who are near the top of the league trying to get into the Premier League that won't be paying his wages. That isn't going to happen."

Re: Swansea's reality check

Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:11 pm

Too right, what kind of club expect to only pay a fraction of a players wages????

Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:12 pm

recharding wrote:From the BBC Sport website over the potential deal for Jason Scotland:

quote from Paul Jewell...

"We're not going to let Jason go somewhere who are near the top of the league trying to get into the Premier League that won't be paying his wages. That isn't going to happen."

Ha ha brilliant, poor old scumsea.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:13 pm

yeah i mean how do they think they can pay his wages . Good job we had a whip round for Bellamy at the beginning of the season ;) :lol:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:14 pm

Too right, what kind of club expect to only pay a fraction of a players wages????[/quote]
:D :D :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:22 pm

You can understand Manchester City paying a large part of Bellamy's wages due the fact they get Bellmay back and fit in the summer and he doesn't play for nay of their rivals in the Premier League. Ispwich are different as they are in the same league as Swansea and won't be doing a team doing better than them to benefit.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:58 pm

so he cant get in to the ipswich team, and swansea want him :roll:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:17 pm

ninianblue wrote:so he cant get in to the ipswich team, and swansea want him :roll:

Paul Jewell and Jason Scotland really don't get on. When Keane was there he scored 7 goals in 15 games most of them off the bench. The only way he will come here is if he takes a pay cut. If he really wants to come here like he says then he will have to I suppose but I can't see the deal going through. Stuck with the useless Moore :( I said at the time we were looking at him that we shouldn't touch him with a barge pole and I think I am being proved right, he is utter pants! Kuqi is better and that's saying something! At least he scored a few!

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:52 pm

fair play to you bloo an honest assessment. :ayatollah:

Moore was an odd one, surely no beter than Dobbie or Beattie?

Although I think Beattie is prob done.
:ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:14 pm

neeball wrote:Too right, what kind of club expect to only pay a fraction of a players wages????

Shouldn't be allowed!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:42 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
neeball wrote:Too right, what kind of club expect to only pay a fraction of a players wages????

Shouldn't be allowed!!!!

Someone write to the FA disgusting

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:58 pm

To be fair, we're doing Man City a favour by keeping Bellamy match fit... Scotland is Ipswich's top scorer so they won't be keen to let him go unless it financially benefits them. Silly Swansea.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:38 pm

I'd be surprised if Huw The Spew doesn't find a way to pay for this deal.

Probably get the Stadium Management Company to sponser him that way the Swansea ratepayer will pay his wages. lets face it they have been playing in the Liberty Stadium for 5 years and as yet the owner (Swansea Council) hasn't had a penny in rent.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: