there you go sounds a wee bit better to the tune

Re: song for forest

Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:56 pm

NFFC2EuropeanCups wrote:It doesn't even fit the song you thick cunt. :lol:

Calm down scabby :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:12 pm

Your still SCABS, SCABS, SCABS and we will let you know when we visit you.
Its 25 years on now and we wont forget you SCABS.

- Read below:

Nottinghamshire was at the heart of one of the darkest and most-violent episodes of British coal mining, when the industry came under the leadership of American coal owner Mr Ian MacGregor, appointed as chairman of British Coal in September, 1983.

The Bulk of the county's miners refused to join a national strike called by the NUM (National Union of Mineworkers) in March 1984, claiming it was unconstitutional. Although the fault lines for the splinter had been laid years before in the bitter dispute of 1926 and its aftermath.

Then Nottinghamshire miners joined in an anti miners organisation founded by Spencer, it led to bitter and often bloody battles for more than a decade and was only resolved, on the surface at least by the founding of the NUM and Nationalisation of the coal industry. In 84 as the NUM took on its most bitter battle for survival those fault lines re-emerged, fed and encouraged by government agents and a wilfully biased media.

It became a county under siege as thousands of miners from other coalfields arrived each day to picket the local mines. Under the direction of Mrs Margaret Thatcher's Tory government, police were drafted in from all over the country and by and large the vast majority of Nottinghamshire miners continued to work throughout the year-long dispute.

Ugly, pitched battles between police and pickets - it was not unusual to see 2,000 demonstrators outside a working colliery - were regular events and one Yorkshire miner died in a pithead demonstration at Ollerton Colliery.

A legacy of the strike, which ended in March 1985, was the formation that year of the Nottinghamshire based breakaway union of the UDM (Union of Democratic Mineworkers) .

Ollerton's final moments © Stuart Tomlins However the strike breaking and political support for Thatcher bought the Nottingham coalfield no favours and instead saw periodic closures of a few mines over the years but it was just prior to the privatisation of the coal industry in early 1994, that the end was signalled for all but a handful of the remaining collieries.

The leaders of the UDM said they had been betrayed.

For the miners of Nottingham who had stood out on strike in the hardest battle of any area saying "we told you so" brought little satisfaction.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:43 pm

MalagaCF wrote:Your still SCABS, SCABS, SCABS and we will let you know when we visit you.

does that mean we can sing about you being murderers for killing the taxi driver during the miners strikes? whats that? it happened outside of cardiff and wasnt anything at all to do with the football club, how ironic :D

Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:59 pm

Forest Chris wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:Your still SCABS, SCABS, SCABS and we will let you know when we visit you.

does that mean we can sing about you being murderers for killing the taxi driver during the miners strikes? whats that? it happened outside of cardiff and wasnt anything at all to do with the football club, how ironic :D

Im not condoning what happened to that taxi driver cos it is sad, however, he was getting paid extra dollar to do that run and knew the risks involved. Would never have come to it if the miners were UNITED and not like you scabby cunts. Shame on Nottingham, WE WONT FORGET :evil: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:00 pm

We call em scabs cause they didnt get involved in the miner strikes? :shock:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:03 pm

how doesnt it fit in the song? it does if you havent got a scab accent you know

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:06 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
jinks/cwm wrote:i wanna go home i wanna go home
cause nottinghams full of scabs
i wanna go home :ayatollah:

Still doesnt fit! :lol:

We want to go home, We want to go hooooome,
Oh Scabby Nottingham, We want to go home. :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:06 pm

Merlin wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
jinks/cwm wrote:i wanna go home i wanna go home
cause nottinghams full of scabs
i wanna go home :ayatollah:

Still doesnt fit! :lol:

We want to go home, We want to go hooooome,
Oh Scabby Nottingham, We want to go home. :ayatollah:

Yea ok thats better you win mr.smarty pants :lol: :roll:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:07 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:
Forest Chris wrote:

Im not condoning what happened to that taxi driver cos it is sad, however, he was getting paid extra dollar to do that run and knew the risks involved. Would never have come to it if the miners were UNITED and not like you scabby cunts. Shame on Nottingham, WE WONT FORGET :evil: :ayatollah:

if we actually cared about being called scabs, im sure we would be emotionally devastated, we dont though, so i say fair play to the nottingham miners for not being striking twats :lol:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:09 pm

does that mean we can sing about you being murderers for killing the taxi driver during the miners strikes? whats that? it happened outside of cardiff and wasnt anything at all to do with the football club, how ironic :D[/quote]

Im not condoning what happened to that taxi driver cos it is sad, however, he was getting paid extra dollar to do that run and knew the risks involved. Would never have come to it if the miners were UNITED and not like you scabby cunts. Shame on Nottingham, WE WONT FORGET :evil: :ayatollah:[/quote]

if we actually cared about being called scabs, im sure we would be emotionally devastated, we dont though, so i say fair play to the nottingham miners for not being striking twats :lol:[/quote]

yea and we care alot about being called sheepshaggers (which is actually a welsh jokes made by welsh farmers) :roll:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:22 pm

does that mean we can sing about you being murderers for killing the taxi driver during the miners strikes? whats that? it happened outside of cardiff and wasnt anything at all to do with the football club, how ironic :D[/quote]

Im not condoning what happened to that taxi driver cos it is sad, however, he was getting paid extra dollar to do that run and knew the risks involved. Would never have come to it if the miners were UNITED and not like you scabby cunts. Shame on Nottingham, WE WONT FORGET :evil: :ayatollah:[/quote]

if we actually cared about being called scabs, im sure we would be emotionally devastated, we dont though, so i say fair play to the nottingham miners for not being striking twats :lol:[/quote]

You dont care cos you werent even born in 1984, but your father/grandfather (probably same person) would have been embarrassed and ashamed as f**k, SCABS with no back bone.........end of you boring tw*t

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:35 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

if we actually cared about being called scabs, im sure we would be emotionally devastated, we dont though, so i say fair play to the nottingham miners for not being striking twats :lol:

yea and we care alot about being called sheepshaggers (which is actually a welsh jokes made by welsh farmers) :roll:

tbf, we save the Sheepshaggers insult for Derby :mrgreen:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:37 pm

Forest Chris wrote:if we actually cared about being called scabs, im sure we would be emotionally devastated, we dont though, so i say fair play to the nottingham miners for not being striking twats :lol:

yea and we care alot about being called sheepshaggers (which is actually a welsh jokes made by welsh farmers) :roll:[/quote]

tbf, we save the Sheepshaggers insult for Derby :mrgreen:[/quote]

I'm jealous :evil:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:38 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:You dont care cos you werent even born in 1984, but your father/grandfather (probably same person) would have been embarrassed and ashamed as f**k, SCABS with no back bone.........end of you boring tw*t

well actually, i was, but dont let that get in the way of your argument :D I dont care because im not a miner, my dad wasnt a miner, noone in my family ( that i know of ) was ever a miner, and considering during the time of the strike, "Scabs" were running the gauntlet of strike pickets everyday, risking assault and possible murder to earn an honest living for their family, i would say they had more backbone than most

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:42 pm

So as i asked...do we call forest fans scabs cause, they didnt take part in the miners strike?

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:53 pm

Nottingham - a nest of scabs - end of. And when we arrive we will let you know how you were bought
of by thatchers government and ruined our communities.

We have built our lives back up and we can hold our heads up high and say we fought for ALL working people,
but you fuckers were just plain scabs and judas bastards.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:07 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:Nottingham - a nest of scabs - end of. And when we arrive we will let you know how you were bought

We have built our lives back up and we can hold our heads up high and say we fought for ALL working people,

or maybe nottingham miners werent actually at much risk of losing their jobs and didnt think they should be forced to go on strike which wasnt voted for by the miners, despite the fact IT HAS TO BE BY LAW!

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:17 pm

Forest Chris wrote:
Neath Bluebird wrote:Nottingham - a nest of scabs - end of. And when we arrive we will let you know how you were bought

or maybe nottingham miners werent actually at much risk of losing their jobs

Worked out well for you lot :o

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:24 pm

well it didnt really work out well for anyone though, did it? :D

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:25 pm

Forest Chris wrote:well it didnt really work out well for anyone though, did it? :D

Hence peoples anger at scabs. United front and all that...