Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Jacks Hoping for their 1st 20,000 atendance...

Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Bluebird1962 wrote:How come Leeds got 3200 and we got 1800??

They will have the bottom tear aswel i imagine :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:06 pm

blackswan wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Me thinks a certain little jack doesnt like losing :lol:

Losing? What have i lost? :? Or are you still going on about Sunday :shock:

Haha irony of a jack saying we are still goin on about something *swim away*

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:58 am

If its on TV the jerks won't turn up, so even with 3000 Leeds they will struggle to get 20,000

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:28 am

Rumour has it that, the SAS is having target practice there :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:43 am

Thanks for pointing out the obvious Jack, but Leeds were once a bigger club than Manchester United. Although, that isn't relevant anymore is it? The last five years they've had a couple of bigger crowds than us, but as for stature, three wembley appearances, including one FA cup final, consistently above them every season, whilst being to attract some of the cream of British football to South Wales along with the fact our new owners make Ken Bates look like a big issue seller, the last 5 years or so, we're definitely a bigger club than Leeds

Enjoy your other cup final. And no running back in the ground, like Elland road the other season

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:01 pm

Haha.

I try not to let it show ;-)

Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:03 pm

CityGent wrote:Thanks for pointing out the obvious Jack, but Leeds were once a bigger club than Manchester United. Although, that isn't relevant anymore is it? The last five years they've had a couple of bigger crowds than us, but as for stature, three wembley appearances, including one FA cup final, consistently above them every season, whilst being to attract some of the cream of British football to South Wales along with the fact our new owners make Ken Bates look like a big issue seller, the last 5 years or so, we're definitely a bigger club than Leeds

Enjoy your other cup final. And no running back in the ground, like Elland road the other season

In your dreams!! They are and always will be bigger than the both of us!

Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:48 pm

CityGent wrote:Thanks for pointing out the obvious Jack, but Leeds were once a bigger club than Manchester United. Although, that isn't relevant anymore is it? The last five years they've had a couple of bigger crowds than us, but as for stature, three wembley appearances, including one FA cup final, consistently above them every season, whilst being to attract some of the cream of British football to South Wales along with the fact our new owners make Ken Bates look like a big issue seller, the last 5 years or so, we're definitely a bigger club than Leeds

what a load of crap!of course your above us over the last 5 yrs we nearly died ffs! we had 1 player gary kelly on the books the yr we had to sell our team 1 fecking player that was it.
it's a testament to the fantastic support then and now that we were able to survive not many clubs would have done that and get to withing touching distance of a return to the prem NOTE A RETURN to the prem unlike you who have never been there!
many teams would have died just look at our old team spread all over the prem .
i'm not knocking your team or how well you've come on and in fact you lot are a decent set of lads tbh but to say your a bigger club than us pi55es me off LEEDS will be a big team 4ever long after you and i have departed anyway good luck for the coming promotion push you should go up this yr ffs..fingers crossed we'll get 6th spot and just carry on the party lol..

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:45 pm

The argument of you being the bigger club historically isn't in question. I'm talking about this Swansea idiot claiming you are now. During Don Revies'tenure you were one of the biggest in Europe and I probably know more about your illustrious past than you do, but my point being, the last five years we've been a bigger club than you. Next you'll be telling me Nottingham Forest are a bigger club than Manchester City, because of the European cups

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:51 pm

andy 189 wrote:NOTE A RETURN to the prem unlike you who have never been there!

Phew.

I nearly forgot there was never ever a top division in the football league structure until the Prem came into being...

Thanks for reminding us of that.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:00 pm

As of yesterday we still had tickets left althought i don't know how many, i am making my first trip to Swansea as i missed the last one, so looking forward to it, my mates went last time and said it was moody to say the least and a few others who travelled down with em (from London) got chinned in the main road near the station...???? Ob told em to go in a pub by the station or nearby and they would keep an eye on it, the others wondered off and got jumped within a minute......

Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:40 pm

Andy wrote:As of yesterday we still had tickets left althought i don't know how many, i am making my first trip to Swansea as i missed the last one, so looking forward to it, my mates went last time and said it was moody to say the least and a few others who travelled down with em (from London) got chinned in the main road near the station...???? Ob told em to go in a pub by the station or nearby and they would keep an eye on it, the others wondered off and got jumped within a minute......

my m8 kept on phoning most of yesterday then was told all remaining tickets were sold i have my ticket i'm getting there early for a mini leeds forum meet as for trouble it's part of football sadly enjoy the day andy m8 MOT!

Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Always excellent support from Leeds, hats off to them for that, as much as I dislike them, I hope they go to town on our little brothers from down West. I went to watch Leeds over Swansea in the 80's, maybe 80-81, and Leeds had around 5-6k there, and took the piss all day, and trashed the place! Jacks, running for their lives everywhere! :lol:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:59 pm

andy 189 wrote:
Andy wrote:As of yesterday we still had tickets left althought i don't know how many, i am making my first trip to Swansea as i missed the last one, so looking forward to it, my mates went last time and said it was moody to say the least and a few others who travelled down with em (from London) got chinned in the main road near the station...???? Ob told em to go in a pub by the station or nearby and they would keep an eye on it, the others wondered off and got jumped within a minute......

my m8 kept on phoning most of yesterday then was told all remaining tickets were sold i have my ticket i'm getting there early for a mini leeds forum meet as for trouble it's part of football sadly enjoy the day andy m8 MOT!

Oh, only saw on the club site the other day they were still available, we're in off the train about an hour before ko now its been moved, suits me for once as it goes as ill get back earlier.......what forum people you meeting..???

Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:02 pm

andy 189 wrote:

Getting there early???your travelling from Merthyr you plastic

Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Well said Gruff. Bigger once than Man U says it all that is why he supports Leeds. In work the other night we have a Leeds fan from South Wales who said "I would rather wear a Turbin than a Rose" my response was why do you support Leeds then. He then started mumbling about supporting them as a kid :lol:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:17 pm

CityGent wrote:The argument of you being the bigger club historically isn't in question. I'm talking about this Swansea idiot claiming you are now. During Don Revies'tenure you were one of the biggest in Europe and I probably know more about your illustrious past than you do, but my point being, the last five years we've been a bigger club than you. Next you'll be telling me Nottingham Forest are a bigger club than Manchester City, because of the European cups

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Deluded.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:40 pm

Great argument there Jack

As I rightly state, the last five years we've matched Leeds for season ticket holders, attracted far more international experienced players, have richer owners and have been more successful on the pitch, whilst having enjoyed one of the largest percentage attendance rises in Europe. Any other criteria that I've missed the last five years? No delusions here mush, just facts.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:45 pm

Not to mention the fact we beat them everytime we play them ;-)

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:48 pm

BillyGoat Gruff wrote:
andy 189 wrote:

Getting there early???your travelling from Merthyr you plastic

did the same for the game with you i was in with the home fans enjoyed that night with annis n co top guy great set of lads..

Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:25 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:Apparently Leeds have sold all their 3200 allocation and Jacks hoping for record attendance at Liberty

Fair play to Leeds considering its early k.o. too :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Can it hold 20000 after segreagation.

Its max is 20520, surely they will be keeping more than 500 free ?

As for away following, well Leeds will have their 3k there and we'll have our 3k at Forest :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Pobably be nearer 30000 there as well.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:29 pm

CityGent wrote:Great argument there Jack

As I rightly state, the last five years we've matched Leeds for season ticket holders, attracted far more international experienced players, have richer owners and have been more successful on the pitch, whilst having enjoyed one of the largest percentage attendance rises in Europe. Any other criteria that I've missed the last five years? No delusions here mush, just facts.

I think what you meant to say was,that you've been to an FA Cup Final in the last 5 yrs,and lost :lol: I admire your blind faith and there's nothing wrong in bigging your own team up for one reason or another,but to claim that your a bigger club than Leeds United is quite frankly ludicrous :mrgreen: Your not even a Premiership club ffs and you have the audacity to say that :lol: Leeds are a top 5 club in this country,whereas you are top 30,and that's being generous.

I'd love to put that question out there to other football fans.Who's the bigger club,Leeds United or Cardiff City? I'd get run out of town or sectioned even :lol:

Keep taking the positivety pills ;)

Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:36 pm

Let's compare attendances Cardiff City v Leeds Utd,
How many fans were Cardiff getting in league 1 compared to what Leeds Utd were getting? Cardif maybe getting 14-18k whilst Leeds were getting over 30k!

If Cardiff are a bigger club than Leeds Utd based on the fact they have been to wembley a few times and been in a league higher than them over the last 5 years then you may as well say Swansea City have been a bigger club than them over the last 2 seasons due to league position and a higher division which clearly we are not!

Leeds away support is incredible, even when they were in league 1 and I take my hat off to them as they go everywhere with them week in week out. A massive club and the real sleeping giants.

I think that rare win over little old swansea has gone to your head! ;)

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:06 pm

A swansea-leeds love in aww bless.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:50 pm

andy 189 wrote:

what a load of crap!of course your above us over the last 5 yrs we nearly died ffs! we had 1 player gary kelly on the books the yr we had to sell our team 1 fecking player that was it.
it's a testament to the fantastic support then and now that we were able to survive not many clubs would have done that and get to withing touching distance of a return to the prem NOTE A RETURN to the prem unlike you who have never been there!
i'm not knocking your team or how well you've come on and in fact you lot are a decent set of lads tbh but to say your a bigger club than us pi55es me off LEEDS will be a big team 4ever long after you and i have departed anyway good luck for the coming promotion push you should go up this yr ffs..fingers crossed we'll get 6th spot and just carry on the party lol..

Poor you.
We've had our backs against the wall for most of the past 40 years FFS, and we are still going.

You had 5 years of hard times -and by that you mean, fighting for promotion form the 3rd tier.

Try scraping the bottom of the 4th tier for the and being stuffed by rochdale and scunthorpe season after season with your highlight being the odd promotion to the 3rd tier, soon followed by another relegation back to the dungeon for 15 years and see what happens to you.

If the 2 clubs fortunes had been reversed you wouldnt even have heard of leeds united and might be supporting your own local club.

Leeds are the bigger club no doubt, but City have caught up a long way recently.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:01 pm

andy 189 wrote:

WE????

You have no geographical/emotional connection with Leeds. I find it pathetic that people can call a club "we" when they are from miles away. In Andover tomorrow there will be people scrapping in pubs over the manc derby.

Support yr local team FFS.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:51 pm

blackswan wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Me thinks a certain little jack doesnt like losing :lol:

Losing? What have i lost? :? Or are you still going on about Sunday :shock:

Yeah we're still enjoying it :D

You were exactly the same when you won at our place so hush up and let us continue the joy.

:ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:58 pm

well done little brothers,,,,,,, if i remember also,,,,, leeds was your biggest crowd when you were in the old div 1 :roll: ,

Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:58 am

First time anyone will ever see the lower tier in the away end open then. Lets hope they pitch invade and slap Tate. ;) :lol: :ayatollah: