Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF SET TO SIGN JEREMY ALIADIER

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:10 am

VERY strong rumours this evening that City have spoken to Jeremy Aliadier today with a view to offering him a contract. This was text to me (one that works at the club) by two separate people that don't know eachother at all so I think there is something in this!

Personally, I wasn't overlly excited by this. He is another graduate of the Chris Riggot school of injuries! Is he Keoghs replacement? Looks like!

Re: CARDIFF SET TO SIGN JEREMY ALIADIER

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:12 am

I pity you. Awful player.

How many strikers do you need ffs? :roll:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:16 am

Yeah, I'm thinking we don't need him as well.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:16 am

Well we lost one in Keogh and DJ has already hinted that he wants to replace him. Aliadier is perfect in DJ's eyes because he is injury prone, can probably be put on a PAYP contract and will end playing as much as Keogh did

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:20 am

Bluebird99 wrote:Well we lost one in Keogh and DJ has already hinted that he wants to replace him. Aliadier is perfect in DJ's eyes because he is injury prone, can probably be put on a PAYP contract and will end playing as much as Keogh did

Surely much better out there. Plus you have Bells, Jay, Chops, Parkin all fighting for positions now. All 4 are better than him.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:25 am

Different types of players though. Parkin is Jays back up and other than moving Bellamy upfront, Chopra hasn't got a pace back up (what Keogh was originally brought in for but ended up being Jays injury replacement). With JET at the club now, I too don't think we need him, but would I take him on a PAYP contract, yeah probably. Like I said, we'll
See what happens next day or so but Inwpuld be surprised if this doesn't happen now

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:29 am

this would be bizarre

Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:53 am

crocked player just up DJ street wouldnt supprise me :lol:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:07 am

Newcastle have just signed Swansea reject Shefki Kuqi instead of this guy on the premise that Kuqi is actually FITTER than Aliadiere.

On the other hand, it does give us the new chant... woaaaaahhhh, we're halfway there, wo-oah, Aliadiere...! :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:06 am

DJ must be thinking of playing that traditional formation in football

2-2-6

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:44 am

Wiki quotes

Aliadière missed much of the following 2004–05 season through injury.
Once again affected by injury, he only made eight appearances for West Ham, seven as a substitute
The deal fell through when he damaged his knee ligaments playing in a reserve game against Crystal Palace
Having failed to reach the play-offs, and after an injury hit three seasons at Middlesbrough, he left the club on 30 June 2010.

When we signing him :lol:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:45 am

78 league appearances in 3 seasons with Boro.

We'd be happy to get 26 league appearances this season out of Bellamy.

Riggott, by comparison, made 104 league appearances for Boro in 7 seasons...

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:08 am

DaveSheffield wrote:Newcastle have just signed Swansea reject Shefki Kuqi instead of this guy on the premise that Kuqi is actually FITTER than Aliadiere.

On the other hand, it does give us the new chant... woaaaaahhhh, we're halfway there, wo-oah, Aliadiere...! :ayatollah:

i wanna sign him just so i can sing that!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:19 am

DaveSheffield wrote:Newcastle have just signed Swansea reject Shefki Kuqi instead of this guy on the premise that Kuqi is actually FITTER than Aliadiere.

On the other hand, it does give us the new chant... woaaaaahhhh, FITNESS halfway there, wo-oah, Aliadiere...! :ayatollah:

Fixed it. ;) :D

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:52 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Surely much better out there. Plus you have Bells, Jay, Chops, Parkin all fighting for positions now. All 4 are better than him.

It's not about better now, it's about availability. Obviously the transfer window is shut and although we have one Over 23 loan slot available as we got rid of Keogh. DJ may be keeping that to replace Ramsey when he returns to Arsenal.

We are therefore left with loaning youngsters or (in this case) those out of contracts.

I know it's early with Ramsey but I hope DJ hasn't underestimated the upheaval and problems we could have when Ramsey is moved from the team. It will be like blooding a new midfield again and could affect results.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:35 pm

I understand its about availability but you have 3 excellent forwards & 1 decent forward I don't see the thinking behind it. Michael Chopra would walk into most teams in this country yet he is actually a bit part player for Cardiff this season how can JA improve the team if Chops isn't even a regular?

You are also well covered in midfield so if another loan spot arose surely a defensive player should be your priority?

Obviously you know your club much better than me but this is just a view from an outsider.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:40 pm

Just one question for DJ id this is true - why??

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:47 pm

Bit of an update, Aliadier "doesn't fancy" joining us! Cheeky c**t!

Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:49 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:Bit of an update, Aliadier "doesn't fancy" joining us! Cheeky c**t!

He's probably been reading this :lol:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:06 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:Bit of an update, Aliadier "doesn't fancy" joining us! Cheeky c**t!

I can hear the sighs of relief pouring out of the valleys already :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:08 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:

I can hear the sighs of relief pouring out of the valleys already :ayatollah:

He was no better than Keogh in my opinion, plenty of running around with a goal far and few.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:08 pm

yeah he's sat at home reading this cos he can't train cos he's fuckin injured. :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:14 pm

why? :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:25 pm

Is this true? :lol:

he doesnt score goals :lol:

he could be a good wide player. but i dont rate him as a striker
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:34 pm

We dont need him !

Good player in his day but we have 4 in front of him

Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Can he play left back! :lol:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:37 pm

It's rediculous, We need a f*cking left back! If this is true it's pathetic.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:44 pm

Oh for fecks sake no! :evil: Probably the complete opposite of what we need during the run in!