Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Today has been hell.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:40 pm

I woke up at 6 this morning and when I got out of bed my foot was a purple colour and slightly swollen. I couldn't put any weight on it whatsoever. So I went to Prince Charles hospital at seven am and didn't get out of there until two o'clock.

All I left with was crutches and an appointment up there next week, they said the xrays didn't show anything but that doesn't mean to say that there no brake's or fracture's, just the xray not being able to tell because of the swelling. They also took blood tests to check for gout as that's what it seems to be, but the doctor said it is really unusual in young people.

Anyway I put it on here to see if anyone has had a similar experience and to find out if crutches are allowed in the game tomorrow night.

:ayatollah:

Re: Today has been hell.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:44 pm

When I broke my big toe they initially couldn't see anything broken but I insisted it was. They took a second xray and it revealed I had broken it.

Last year I also tore ankle ligaments which felt worse than a break. My foot got so swollen I couldn't walk on it or put a shoe on. What did you do to the ankle?

Gout is rare but my boss had it and he's only in his 40s. He's a very healthy 40 odd year old as well. Does heavy drinking contribute towards gout?

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:46 pm

Gout can affect anyone at any age pal.A fella i done a job for before Xmas was 28 and was off work with it,poor sod couldn't even drive it was so bad.

If you do go tomorrow and Cardiff score,just dont jump around......second thoughts,you'll be fine :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:46 pm

http://www.cks.nhs.uk/patient_information_leaflet/Gout

Hope this helps.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Shit, NTB. Have you read that bit where it says if you live over a height of 30 metres above sea level then gout will kill you within 72 hours? Bad news mate.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Zabier wrote:When I broke my big toe they initially couldn't see anything broken but I insisted it was. They took a second xray and it revealed I had broken it.

Last year I also tore ankle ligaments which felt worse than a break. My foot got so swollen I couldn't walk on it or put a shoe on. What did you do to the ankle?

Gout is rare but my boss had it and he's only in his 40s. He's a very healthy 40 odd year old as well. Does heavy drinking contribute towards gout?

It's the same with me I can't put a shoe on or even put my weight on it. I haven't done anything to it, I went to bed perfectly fine last night and when I woke up this morning I was in agony.

As to the gout, I am only 17 and don't drink alcohol but my cousin suffers with gout and lots of fizzy drinks seems to set his off and I am addicted to Lucozade and Coke.

Something is telling me that it's not gout though as I have always know gout to just be painful when something touches the area but I can't even move my foot, not because of the pain, my foot literally won't move.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:58 pm

I had gaut in my foot at 18 fecking killed too cldnt put a sock on.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:01 pm

i suffered fro gout, cranberry juice and pork sets it off, get some dilofenics down your throat that will sort it, does it feel like a sledgehammer has hit your foot??/ thats gout :lol: