Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Steve Borley

Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:18 pm

Hello Steve

It's nice to see that we are still actively in discussions with potential investors, however to dampen down any potential demonstrations or banner waving then I think more clarity is needed. Some un equivocal answers please.

1. Is the HMRC bill going to be paid in full before 31st January

2. Are all other creditors being paid up to date as well. The reason I ask both questions is without these occuring Football League rules stipulate that any transfer embargo imposed on us cannot be lifted and therefore the clubs promise to bring in 4 new players will not happen.

3. Has due dilligence been completed by all or some potential investors

4. What sort of timescale are we talking about before any investment from outside parties will be forthcoming? days? weeks? months?

Finally Steve as a fan as well as being a boardroom member I am sure you will understand this more than most at CCS. It is very unhelpful for Chairmen or Managers to be attributed to statements of the type we saw in the Express Newspapers this last weekend or statements via email to fans such as the "get stuffed" e-mail widely reported in the press and telling a fan to f**k off during a match. These kind of things will hardly endear the Chairman or Manager to the very people that pay their wages. Could you also please ask the players (every man jack of them) and manager to acknowledge the fans at the end of each game (win, lose or draw). It does not take much effort and will go a long way towards building a positive relationship with the fans.

Many thanks

Ian
Last edited by ihatealiens on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: FAO Steve Borley

Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Very good post young man it would be intereting to hear his points of view.
One i did disagree with you is about the players coming over to clap us, they should not be told to do that .if they do not wish to then f**k em but if they were told to i would rather they didnt. Excelent post thow chief :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:43 pm

Some very valid points made there ihatealiens. I can appreciate Steve might be in a position where he's not allowed to talk about certain things but hopefully he can deliver some clarity on the topics above.

With regards the comments associated with board members, staff and players I am always wary that a lot of bullshit happens. Yes, some things might be true but a lot of it isn't. Unless I see or hear hard evidence of individuals making these comments they are innocent until proven guilty in my eyes. That goes for board members, staff, players and even us fans.

However, you mention the players applauding the fans. Considering we all pay £20 a pop (ok, take away season ticket deductions) to watch the players and support them, the least they can do is spare us an applause at the end of the game. In my eyes, not doing that replicates players refusing to shake each others hands at the end of a game. It's disrespecful and totally unnecessary.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:49 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Very good post young man it would be intereting to hear his points of view.
One i did disagree with you is about the players coming over to clap us, they should not be told to do that .if they do not wish to then f**k em but if they were told to i would rather they didnt. Excelent post thow chief :ayatollah:

If we've just played really badly and lost, or even played well and lost in the end the last thing the players are going to want to do is go around and clap 4 sides of the ground. We've been booing at the final whistle as it is, I wouldn't want to turn around and go and face/clap the fans after a dissapointing game to more than likely get abused.
Acknowledge the fans that's great, It would be nice if the players all applauded the fans but I wouldn't really expect them all to go around and clap the fans.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:02 pm

I think they should have to face us so they realise the consequences of playing badly rather than turning around with their heads down and entering the safe coccoon of the dressing room before they head back to their cosy lifestyles. Maybe we won't always be pissed on by shitty tactics and worse players that way.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Zabier wrote:I think they should have to face us so they realise the consequences of playing badly rather than turning around with their heads down and entering the safe coccoon of the dressing room before they head back to their cosy lifestyles. Maybe we won't always be pissed on by shitty tactics and worse players that way.

I understand that, but I can't imagine all the players just think 'ah well back to my massive house' , I'm pretty sure playing badly does affect them or otherwise they probably wouldn't be where they are today!