Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

West Ham know they'll never...

Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:18 pm

... be in the Prem again.

I mean, clearly they'll be groundsharing now, so set for a lifetime in the Champ at best.

it will be funny though, getting the dates mixed up and seeing Daya running around with a javelin through his head :lol:

Re: West Ham know they'll never...

Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:20 pm

I had to laugh at the verbal jousting between Sir Alan Sugar and David Sullivan. I don't know why anyone would want to move into a stadium that has a running track around it.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:22 pm

Midfield general wrote:complete rubbish.

Even if they went down this season I'd put money on that they would bounce back.

It's only complete rubbish if you treat it as a serious post...

Though if the Prem clamp down on groundsharing, West Ham will be a bit screwed, no?

Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:23 pm

Zabier wrote:I had to laugh at the verbal jousting between Sir Alan Sugar and David Sullivan. I don't know why anyone would want to move into a stadium that has a running track around it.

Suppose it's useful next time they play Millwall. By the time any fans actually make it to the pitch, they'll be gasping for breath, needing a ciggie... easy to be nicked.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:25 pm

nerd wrote:
Zabier wrote:I had to laugh at the verbal jousting between Sir Alan Sugar and David Sullivan. I don't know why anyone would want to move into a stadium that has a running track around it.

Suppose it's useful next time they play Millwall. By the time any fans actually make it to the pitch, they'll be gasping for breath, needing a ciggie... easy to be nicked.

True, it certainly will be of no use for a lap of honour!

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:29 pm

Midfield general wrote:
nerd wrote:
Midfield general wrote:complete rubbish.

Even if they went down this season I'd put money on that they would bounce back.

It's only complete rubbish if you treat it as a serious post...

Though if the Prem clamp down on groundsharing, West Ham will be a bit screwed, no?

Not really as atheltics is many a summer sport. We would be screwed (as you so nicely put it) more together with the Jacks, Reading and others which could shortly include both Everton and Liverpool

Ground sharing is ground sharing.

Athletics events don't occur in a 12 week window during the football off season... consider thusly the type of athletics events - aside from havelin, hammer, shot putt, all of which make nice dents in grass, high jump, pole jump aparatus needs setting up... West Ham wouldn't be immune to any groundsharing regulations.

Would we be screwed? Maybe. Maybe not. Blues losing money, bad deal for renting CCS. I'm sure something could easily be worked out. Jacks? Can't happen, due to the ownership of Liberty. West ham? Well, they can't turn round and kick Athletics etc out.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:40 pm

atmosphere will be crap you will have to take binoculars to see the game :lol:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:30 pm

ANDYBLUE wrote:atmosphere will be crap you will have to take binoculars to see the game :lol:

thats gone out the window now, :ayatollah: