Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Changing Face Of Football

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:17 pm

http://cardiffbluearmy.blogspot.com/
:ayatollah:

Re: The Changing Face Of Football

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:29 pm

Excellent mate, fair play to you a great read and written very well. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:38 pm

Cheers Marc
very much appreciated :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:39 pm

Well written but sadly very true. I go to football because it got into my blood at a early age on those dark dingy terraces with the wift of Old Holbourn in the air, a far cry from the nice cosy all seaters of today where we all sit & be entertained & sing/clap along . If i was starting out now i would'nt bother though, it's all too nice.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:44 pm

Thats spooky I was just thinking myself how much the game had changed from when I first started going regularly to Ninian Park in comparison to now. In the early years (1975 on) I was just happy to be able to get to a game with either my Dad or Pappy. Then came the early years of attending alone, which were actaully with friends but the initial thrill of going to a game without either my Dad or Pappy were just amazing! I felt free to swear, drink the odd can and just run free. Those years I probably understood very little about the game but none the less enjoyed every kick of the ball!.
Now to my point. Throughout those years and indeed probably still today to a degree all I ever worried about was the team, the great players being fit to play and my Bluebirds winning! Now more laterly there seems to be a significant change to the average fan who now seems to want to be involved in every, or as many aspects of the business of the club as possible. I can understand that mentality as clubs have recently gone from being a local community/area establishment and changed into internationally recognised businesses but Im not sure if that has destroyed the "romance" of supporting your club. I can also see that these new club owners do not really have the fans at heart in the main and just want either to use it as a toy/play thing or try (god knows why) and make a few quid out of the buying and selling of a football club. This is what has probably pushed the average fan into getting more and more involved in the day to day operations of their football club, to ensure that they and their fellow fans get a fair deal for their ticket money and that disproportionate risks arent taken with their clubs finances (hence agreeing completely with the action taken by our fans during the Ridsdale fiasco). I just wish that we could go back to the days where all I ever worried about was being able to see the Bluebirds as often as possible and that we would win. Nowadays most fans seem to be involved in the club and have an opinion on everything from what the tea lady earns to the foot room in the rows.....just wish we could go back a bit to those days when the team, results and the new seasons kit and were all that was important to us! :ayatollah:

I understand it will never happen by the way :(

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:46 pm

Nathan Walker wrote:http://cardiffbluearmy.blogspot.com/
:ayatollah:

BTW I meant to say great blog :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:48 pm

Not a bad piece - but for me, you lose credibility with the statement "Wayne Rooney who is remotely average and has been since the end of last season". It may be the grammar but it comes across that you think hes average full stop; and that is confirmed by his form since last season. I agree hes not at his best this season but if hes average, what is your measure of average?

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:53 pm

ElGwapo wrote:Not a bad piece - but for me, you lose credibility with the statement "Wayne Rooney who is remotely average and has been since the end of last season". It may be the grammar but it comes across that you think hes average full stop; and that is confirmed by his form since last season. I agree hes not at his best this season but if hes average, what is your measure of average?

Can see what you mean about the grammar error there and will correct it shortly.
What I mean by average is the fact that he is meant to be one of the best in the world and he is on his day. However since the back end of last season, through the world cup and this season he has been average. He is supposed to be the main man of Manchester United on 250k a week. But has scored 5 Premier league goals and 2 of those were penalties.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:58 pm

I actually agreed with everything else bar that statement!

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:34 pm

Glad you agreed and thanks for reading guys :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:44 pm

Bump Haaa

Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:54 pm

I guess Rooneys goal today proved my point wrong :lol: