Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Keinan v scunny..

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:45 pm

Will any of you ask him to do the ayattolah? Really hope people respect him and not do it not fair to make a player feel unsettled!

Re: Keinan v scunny..

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:48 pm

Do you seriously think Keinan will a) take offence or b) give a shit?

PC brigade gone mad. There's nothing in the Talmud stating "thou shalt not slap your head, a silly gesture created after pictures were shown of Iranian women doing so..."

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:50 pm

Are we a religeous movement or a Football club?? It's a club thing not a request to take his vows?!?!

I would expect he's at least been warned off about it by the players as they're not the brightest and expect someone has mentioned it to him! Personally I think he would probably do it if asked.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:53 pm

he will be asked. im guessing 90% of our fans dont know the origins of it anyway, and even more wont make a connection between that and his roots

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:53 pm

Didn't somebody on here ask jay on twitter and jay said he would find out?

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:54 pm

Every city player should do the Ayattolah, it has absolutley no religious bearing on who we are . We are Cardiff City and we do the :ayatollah: :D

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:58 pm

Will he be annoyed? He could well be in the middle east it means a awful lot to people out their!

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:59 pm

just hope he plays like he did on sunday.... without the diving!! :lol:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:02 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:Will he be annoyed? He could well be in the middle east it means a awful lot to people out their!

But as in so many things in football surely this is about the club.....not one person?

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:03 pm

When the "Oh Ingerlund" song is sung does that put Jay, Heaton, Whittingham et al off their game?

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:04 pm

Just having view just want fans to respect him if he does it when we ask fair enough but just don't want us to boo if he doesn't do it..

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:05 pm

Their a diffrence in welsh english it's banter..the middle east troubles is hardly laughing matter?

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:06 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:Their a diffrence in welsh english it's banter..the middle east troubles is hardly laughing matter?

I know....I've served there plus I'm watching Braveheart so neither is my current hatred of the English! :lol:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:11 pm

I know....I've served there plus I'm watching Braveheart so neither is my current hatred of the English! :lol:[/quote]

Just saying he seemed like a decent bloke tho looked passionate coming over to us after the swansea game one last on pitch.... If he does the ayatollah i'd be happy just dont want us to put extra pressure on him can't be having gyepes at the back again :lol:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:51 pm

I think he'd do it, when it's associated with us it has no meaning to the middle east or religion just Cardiff city :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:38 am

botw2 wrote:I think he'd do it, when it's associated with us it has no meaning to the middle east or religion just Cardiff city :ayatollah:

I suspect he would do it if asked without batting an eyelid - as you rightly say its just a Cardiff City thing. Unfortunately, it is the rest of the loons that inhabit that region who are likely to read more into it and that could make things difficult for him. Rightly or wrongly, the trouble with Israelis is that they dont have much of a sense of humour.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:24 am

He falls over too much!

Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:00 am

He might feel more upset if we dnt ask him to do the ayatolah lol feel left out, think we havent excepted him! U can just imagin the other players explaining to him about the ayatolah and how us fans ask players etc to do it as our way of showing them our appriciation kinda thing only for us not to ask him lmao

Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 am

Bluebird1962 wrote:the trouble with Israelis is that they dont have much of a sense of humour.

I assume you know the majority of Israelis personally to make such a bold statement...

Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:57 am

Bluebird1962 wrote:the trouble with Israelis is that they dont have much of a sense of humour.

Look at Avrum Grant for example :lol: :lol:

Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:02 pm

I think it's fair if we just don't ask him to do it. :)

Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:19 pm

nerd wrote:

I assume you know the majority of Israelis personally to make such a bold statement...

It would be a stupid for me to claim I know them all wouldn't it, but I've been there twice and have a lot of business dealings with various people.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:30 pm

The positive Hava Nagila tune would be more appropriate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFtv5qe5 ... re=related

Original lyrics here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hava_Nagila

Has already been used for Yossi Benayoun.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:31 pm

He can run about with his cock out and hands on hips as long as we pick up 3 points and another clean sheet.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:56 pm

PtB wrote:He can run about with his cock out and hands on hips as long as we pick up 3 points and another clean sheet.

No he ca'nt, he'll get arrested. :)

Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:07 pm

or snipped :oops: