Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Question about eddie may/dave jones ?

Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:33 am

What do poeple think made him more endeering to the fans than dave jones. It's 15 years plus since he left and we still talk and sometimes sing about him. where dave jones has been I think a little more succesfull and we sometimes villify him.
Not having a pop as I thought eddie was great.

Re: Question about eddie may

Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:40 am

Tubzo wrote:What do poeple think made him more endeering to the fans than dave jones. It's 15 years plus since he left and we still talk and sometimes sing about him. where dave jones has been I think a little more succesfull and we sometimes villify him.

ITS COS WE ARE GETTING ON AND LIKE HARKING BACK TO THE OLD DAYS :lol:

Re: Question about eddie may/Dave Jones

Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:40 am

Tubzo wrote:What do poeple think made him more endeering to the fans than dave jones. It's 15 years plus since he left and we still talk and sometimes sing about him. where dave jones has been I think a little more succesfull and we sometimes villify him.

I Believe its good to have a Rapport with The Fans, We are the Heart and Soul of Our Club.
Also when We go through a bad run etc, The Fans in My Opinion will then Stand by their Manager More. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Eddie May Genuinely Loved us and us him and you could feel it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Question about eddie may/dave jones ?

Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:07 am

Eddie related well to the fans and created a brilliant team spirit. DJ is more solemn and likes to play down things which will never en-dear him to the fans in the same way Eddie did. But he is keeping us at our highest sustained level for decades and will be well remembered in years to come, regardless of promotion.( Perhaps with the exceptoin of you Annis) :lol:

Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:09 am

I see Eddie May now & again, lives in the Barry area. I bumped into him a while back in Liddles & had a chat with him. Very down to earth guy who still fond of CCFC. I also bumped into Dave Jones a couple of years ago in Costco, & the guy is a lot more "private" should i say.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:23 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:I see Eddie May now & again, lives in the Barry area. I bumped into him a while back in Liddles & had a chat with him. Very down to earth guy who still fond of CCFC. I also bumped into Dave Jones a couple of years ago in Costco, & the guy is a lot more "private" should i say.

Lives round the corner from me in Pencoedtre Village. Is always down Marco's cafe down the island aswell.

Absolutley loved the times when he was our manager, even when we were shit, still had a feel good factor.
Our club shit on him big style when we got rid of him.