Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

AT LEAST £9.2 Million NEEDED TO JUST SAVE THIS SEASON

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:56 pm

Hopefully Keith/TLG/Corky will agree with me on this.

We need £1.2 million a month for wages for the next 5 months.
We need approx £450,00 to pay Langston for the next 5 months.
We need £2.7 million to pay Tax Man.
Plus many many outstanding bills including mine( :lol: ) need to be paid.
Plus another inland Revenue Bill due soon.
This is what we need to survive This Season, ANY OPINIONS WHERE THE MONEY WILL COME FROM.

I know Borley and PMG will LEND US THE INLAND REVENUE BILL, but rem its a loan.

Re: AT LEAST £9.2 Million NEEDED TO JUST SAVE THIS SEASON

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:03 pm

and we are supposed to be "blazin" happy with the club at the moment , we are in a right mess :cry:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Hopefully Keith/TLG/Corky will agree with me on this..

Hopefully they won't! 9.2 Million is shocking :?

That would definately need at least 3 decent player sales, just to cover it.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:09 pm

joncandy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Hopefully Keith/TLG/Corky will agree with me on this..

Hopefully they won't! 9.2 Million is shocking :?

That would definately need at least 3 decent player sales, just to cover it.

I believe every player is For Sale, but not many Clubs have big Cash to put straight down.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:12 pm

Obviously investment is needed urgently... or I dread to think... another fire sale of players.?

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:20 pm

and the thing is Annis we are being asked NOT to demonstrate, i tell you now we are counting down the days to administration

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Haven't you heard Ridsdale though? We're trading 'as normal' and we're in a better financial situation that we've ever been. No worries :lol:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:22 pm

we need to get 3 or 4 of the biggest wage earners out of the club, whoever they are, and we need to get ridsdale out of our club.
but without a substantial investment we are going to be in big trouble.
and where has the money from the season tickets gone?? thats got to be around 3 mil.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:22 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:and the thing is Annis we are being asked NOT to demonstrate, i tell you now we are counting down the days to administration

Borley reassures me Baz, he wont let that happen and has asked us to back off for now, its a difficult one.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:25 pm

Is that alarmist? I would have thought the wage bill would have been budgeted for.
At least I hope so.
How have we got though the last couple os seasons.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:and the thing is Annis we are being asked NOT to demonstrate, i tell you now we are counting down the days to administration

Borley reassures me Baz, he wont let that happen and has asked us to back off for now, its a difficult one.

Borley alone has not got the wonga to pump into city, we need a big investor and soon. Annis can you honestly see new players coming in during January, if we dont PR has spun the biggest lie of all and TBH the board must have known about it, it would have been siscussed at board level, just think about it we have all been lied to

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:30 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Borley alone has not got the wonga to pump into city, we need a big investor and soon. Annis can you honestly see new players coming in during January, if we dont PR has spun the biggest lie of all and TBH the board must have known about it, it would have been siscussed at board level, just think about it we have all been lied to

No Baz Mate, NOT UNLESS WE SELL FIRST, WE HAVE BEEN LIED TO IN MY OPINION, But I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure I am not.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:33 pm

Even if we sell we can not buy uless HRMC is payed, which leaves us up shit creak

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:44 pm

We can save 175k by sacking Ridsdale.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:45 pm

Ah this what was I was looking for at the end of last week, cheers Annis.

How can Ridsdale possibly deny these facts as it is common knowledge that we have to pay at least four of them.

I might send him a gentle email reminding him that he's got those four things to pay.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:06 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:We can save 175k by sacking Ridsdale.

Good one Gareth :lol:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:07 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:Ah this what was I was looking for at the end of last week, cheers Annis.

How can Ridsdale possibly deny these facts as it is common knowledge that we have to pay at least four of them.

I might send him a gentle email reminding him that he's got those four things to pay.

:ayatollah:

Yes I would Dave :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:10 pm

Promotion? - My arse.

Survival - more like.

Then plan for life in division 1 for the following season.

Happy days

Cheers Pete.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:WE HAVE BEEN LIED TO IN MY OPINION, But I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure I am not.

So, has Dave jones been lied to regarding the season ticket money and players coming in? Surely he has a better idea than most of the real situation? Wouldn't he be within his rights to quit over something like this?

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:26 pm

Bluebird007 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:WE HAVE BEEN LIED TO IN MY OPINION, But I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure I am not.

So, has Dave jones been lied to regarding the season ticket money and players coming in? Surely he has a better idea than most of the real situation? Wouldn't he be within his rights to quit over something like this?

Yes he knows whats going on, but Never Speaks out, thats why I dont Respect him.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird007 wrote:

Yes he knows whats going on, but Never Speaks out, thats why I dont Respect him.

He'll be on his toes if he doesn't get his wages :lol:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:28 pm

If you think that synopsis is bad, how do you think we will survive next season? At least £3m of next seasons money is already gone via the season ticket deal, quite possibly around £6m if we have borrowed next seasons tv money as some have suggested. Given with full turnover, which also includes Premier Club money which goes straight to paying off PMG, we will make a projected conservative operating loss of £2m next season, that's before the aforementioned losses of a minimum £4m (maybe as much as £7m) or any debt repayments to a lengthy list of creditors are factored in. The actual operating loss for next season will be a lot nearer £10m and not necessarily below it. This explains the incredulous contempt with which I reacted to Peter's e-mail which referred to a "short term cash pinch." It is anything but.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:30 pm

saladthedragon wrote:If you think that synopsis is bad, how do you think we will survive next season? At least £3m of next seasons money is already gone via the season ticket deal, quite possibly around £6m if we have borrowed next seasons tv money as some have suggested. Given with full turnover, which also includes Premier Club money which goes straight to paying off PMG, we will make a projected conservative operating loss of £2m next season, that's before the aforementioned losses of a minimum £4m (maybe as much as £7m) or any debt repayments to a lengthy list of creditors are factored in. The actual operating loss for next season will be a lot nearer £10m and not necessarily below it. This explains the incredulous contempt with which I reacted to Peter's e-mail which referred to a "short term cash pinch." It is anything but.

Exactly, Thats why if we dont get NEW OWNERS By Next Season, We wont have a Club to Support. :cry: :cry:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird007 wrote:

Jesus, my boss is full of shit, but if I had to put up with faeces of this magnitude I'd be straight out the door!!
I guess Jones is just happy to keep going through the motions and check his bank account at the end of the month. What a shallow existence!

Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
saladthedragon wrote:If you think that synopsis is bad, how do you think we will survive next season? At least £3m of next seasons money is already gone via the season ticket deal, quite possibly around £6m if we have borrowed next seasons tv money as some have suggested. Given with full turnover, which also includes Premier Club money which goes straight to paying off PMG, we will make a projected conservative operating loss of £2m next season, that's before the aforementioned losses of a minimum £4m (maybe as much as £7m) or any debt repayments to a lengthy list of creditors are factored in. The actual operating loss for next season will be a lot nearer £10m and not necessarily below it. This explains the incredulous contempt with which I reacted to Peter's e-mail which referred to a "short term cash pinch." It is anything but.

Exactly, Thats why if we dont get NEW OWNERS By Next Season, We wont have a Club to Support. :cry: :cry:

Salad, please stop scaring people with that TV thing.
There is NO mention f next years TV income being borrowed. Only from you.

Think about it, no-one will lend against NEXT seasons TV income as its not yet certain we will be in the Championship.

Also I dont think the Premier club HAS been going to PMG, so no reason to think it will next year.

I

Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:14 pm

Mower, even the best case scenario for next season, taking into account CCFC get the full proceeds of the Premier Club money and we haven't borrowed any more than £3m of next seasons money, we will still make a loss of £5m next year before any debt repayments to a lengthy amount of creditors or unforseen circumstances are taken into account. It isn't a case of scaring people, but documenting what is in front of us.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:43 pm

I suggest all the players buy £10.00 each of lotto tickets, PR can cough up £30.00 quids worth per week and we all just hope for a big win. Other than that, all the players sell their cars and buy a Toyota Yaris each and the proceeds (after paying pr wages) go into paying whatever debt needs paying first.

A long shot, i know, but i think it's about the best idea thought up of for a while and PR can blame lotto luck when we go bust.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:49 pm

We currently owe £2.7 million tax; based on that fact our monthly wage bill is a minimum of £1.2 million. We have also agreed to pay Sam Hammam £83,333 a month.

If those simple facts are true then we need to pay 6 months wages at £1,200,000 a month which comes to £7,200,000 plus 6 x £83,333 to Langston’s which comes to £500.000.

So in simple terms from the facts we know we need to get over £10 million just to get to the next transfer window in July

£2,700,000 tax bill
£ 7,200,000 wage bill
£500,000 Langston’s

All that is a simple guess PLEASE someone tell me I am way off the mark.

All the above is assuming we have no other bills at all...

Peter Ridsdale says that we are in a bit of a mess because we had a £7,000,000 bill for the fit out of the stadium which was over the budget estimations.

If we accept that, and I can’t see where this extra £7,000,000 has come from because there is not a seat or a table in any of the concourses and surely the corporate areas were in the stadium build plans? How has this £7 million bill now appeared and for what extra amenities was it spent on?

Compass were supposed to fit out large areas in exchange for catering deals and the dressing rooms were paid for by volunteers, the shop was fitted out by Puma...Why is there a 7 million deficit, what has it been spent on but most importantly...HAS THIS £7 MILLION BEEN PAID? There are rumours that people have not been paid but forget all that stick to the facts...we need over £10 million to get to July.

This year we have to build a House of Sport, not sure how much that will cost but it won't be cheap and the council have already given us a Years grace for this project.

This is the main reason the supporters Trust are calling for an EGM or asking the club to volunteer to hold an AGM...The aim of the General Meeting is to give the board of directors an opportunity to outline their future plans for Cardiff City and evidence the club’s viability in the short, medium and long term...If the shareholders are all behind Peter and the decisions he made to get us into this financial position and the board are confident that they have a business plan in place to stop us going bust then please call an AGM and put our minds at rest...surely we cannot only have one plan based on the HOPE we get promoted or the HOPE we get investment?

In my opinion, and its my personal view only...Any talk of adding to the already massive wage bill would be madness, and I am sure we are desperately trying to off load players but on the same token there is no money around and therefore we may have to sell cheaply or hang on to our high wage earners...if the club were suddenly to announce that the tax bill was paid, there would be 20,000 plus fans all anticipating new signings...when in reality we simply cannot afford to pay our current bills without adding to them,

However I do not think a public demonstration Tomorrow is the way forward...IF there are potential investors there Tomorrow and they decide not to invest for whatever reason...Peter Ridsdale could say that it was due to our demonstrations...he is clever like that

Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:00 am

1.2 million a month in wages?

jeepers!

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:14 am

Corky, isn't another critical part of what you are saying that Ridsdale has said many times the satdium was built within budget? If so, how, why and where does this £7m come from? I'm also sure I have also heard him explain away poor figures when the annual accounts have been published year after year as being down to unforseen costs relating to the stadium? Is this not scope to expose yet more lies and deceit?

As for protests, I believe that potential investors have the same concerns about how the club is run, hence could understand any demonstrations taking place. Indeed, protests will leave no-one as to any doubt as to how we feel about how the club is run, hence put the current incumbents in an ever weaker and dsperate position, leaving potential investors with scope to get the club for cheaper than they otherwise would, leaving them more disposable funds to clear our debts and maybe invest in the team.

I really hope the Malaysians, or whoever is seriously interested in our club, read this because they should be in no doubt, Cardiff City Football Club has immense potential and has as loyal and passionate supporters you could wish for. The support we offer the team, often in adversity is second to none and especially last season I remember us the fans virtually carrying the side to victories at times. The catchment area we are in is huge, we are averaging almost 21,000 a game at the moment, despite the obvious issues we face. Should any prospective investors get us to the Premiership, a 40,000 stadia would probably not be big enough for us, certainly if we ever became an establisghed Premier League side.

Our Academy has and continues to produce some of the best talent in Britain, with the recent emergence of Ramsey and Matthews, as good as ANYTHING playing the game. The rules governing the recruitment of youngsters leaves us with a large and talented base from which to recruit giving us the prospect of unearthing gems more than most. The fans will support the team and the club to the hilt, all we ever ask is that anyone associated with the club gives there all and does their job competently. Every one of us still supports this club and loves it beyond words, but Peter Ridsdale is bringing the ver real prospect of us not having a club and I defy anyone who is in the position of seeing something they love being taken away from them to stand by and do nothing. This is a great club, with great fans and huge potential, if you can manage this club as it deserves, you will have adulation bestowed upon you that you could not imagine and it will be a huge source of positive publicity for you increasing the popilarity of yoyr personal ventures and even giving you huge scope to make a profit out of the football club itself, a rarity in today's world. Do not hold it against us for fighting for something we love, I'm sure you won't.