Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " OUR PITCH NEEDS SORTIN OUT FAST "

Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:42 pm

carlccfc wrote:Whilst I do not disagree Annis, the pitch actually looked it's best for a long time ( viewed from the family stand anyway ).

Seriously it looked a lush green all over but I wont disagree with you as I was shocked how bad it was when I came into the Ninian stand for the Stoke replay.

It was very bad in front of 117 mate, stopped Bellamy a few times when he was attacking their full back. Shocking how bad the pitch is down that side.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:08 pm

am i right in thinking there 300k each, i think arsenal got about 12?

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:27 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Whilst I do not disagree Annis, the pitch actually looked it's best for a long time ( viewed from the family stand anyway ).

Seriously it looked a lush green all over but I wont disagree with you as I was shocked how bad it was when I came into the Ninian stand for the Stoke replay.

It was very bad in front of 117 mate, stopped Bellamy a few times when he was attacking their full back. Shocking how bad the pitch is down that side.

It is very bad there. I may be wrong, but I think in those areas it is so bad because of the Rugby lineouts - good part of 200 stone on one small area of grass at intervals can't help at all.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:31 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
chris_ccfc wrote:

It is very bad there. I may be wrong, but I think in those areas it is so bad because of the Rugby lineouts - good part of 200 stone on one small area of grass at intervals can't help at all.

Rugby doesn't help, certainly contributes to it.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote: Bellamy's balls a few times got stuck in it today and it was not even raining.

No wonder he is struggling with his knees.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:44 pm

Annis you are so right about the pitch.And the saying "it's the same for both teams"!!! well just look at the Newcastle v Stevenage game at stevenage Newcastle couldn't handle the shit pitch.Any team no matter what league can always play better on a GOOD pitch.Take the egg chasers elsewhere i say. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:47 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
chris_ccfc wrote:

Then all areas, not just in front of 117 would be affected similarly. so I'd suspect you were wrong.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:58 pm

It is the areas along the touchlines, where lineouts more regularly occur, that are the worst parts. I looked yesterday and it is the same down the other end of the Ninian stand (where the highest proportion of lineouts down that end would happen). So I would suspect that I am not wrong. Even on rugby pitches, that's where they are at their worst.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:17 pm

It has nothing to do with the fat egg chasers even though i wish it was, It is down to our severe winter and lack of those bulbs which the riddler chose not to put in the costs :evil:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Bowmonster wrote:It has nothing to do with the fat egg chasers even though i wish it was, It is down to our severe winter and lack of those bulbs which the riddler chose not to put in the costs :evil:

I Never said it was, what I did say was they Def dont help it.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:It has nothing to do with the fat egg chasers even though i wish it was, It is down to our severe winter and lack of those bulbs which the riddler chose not to put in the costs :evil:

I Never said it was, what I did say was they Def dont help it.

No they certainly dont Annis the fat bastards :lol:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:57 pm

Have Swansea got these lights that are needed at our stadium as Swansea's pitch was not to clever last week either its bloody rugby thats killing it.

Ninian Park always looked stunning but the pitch is terrible now and sad to look at so the players must hate it, why was Jay told off for putting it on his Twitter he was right

Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:57 pm

Kick the egg chasers out then problem solved :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:17 am

All this rain we're having won't help the pitch for tomorrow night

Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:22 am

Ive seen better park pitches with dog turds on its amazing we going for promotion on that cow field and nothing has been spent on it :?

Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:27 am

I didnt go to the game on Sat and just watched the highlights on BBC Championship website ...... pitch is shocking !

Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:30 am

Vintage 63 wrote:I didnt go to the game on Sat and just watched the highlights on BBC Championship website ...... pitch is shocking !

its a rite state martyn at times the ball got stuck in the mud/sand and it wasnt even raining :lol:

Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:45 am

it looks poor Ian , guessing it be in a similar state tomorrow nite too ?

Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:24 am

I understand that a typical set pitch of lighting rigs costs in the region of £200,000 - £400,000 depending on the number required. The number of lighting rigs purchased will depend on the pitch situation and the willingness of a club to invest in this area. For example, Arsenal will surely have spent considerably more on lighting rigs than the £300K usually quoted in the case of the CCS. There is also the option to rent lighting rigs.

Looking over a season the really big issue doesn't seem to be the cost of the rigs, rather the power they use. Given that there are all sorts of rental/lease/purchase options for assets like pitch lighting rigs, one suspects that it is the anticipated running costs that are the real barrier to using them at the Cardiff City Stadium. I understand that these can range from £50K to £400k in a single quarter depending on the pitch's situation, usage and the standard that a stadium's owners are looking to achieve.

There is also the issue of timing. The deterioration of a pitch can be so extreme as to make recovery difficult to impossible, a matter made worse by a lack of sufficient time between games. Most groundsmen would normally look for a 2 week window to make even a modicum of progress to improve a bad situation. Looking at CCFC and Blues fixtures, the longest rest for the CCS pitch would appear to be between 22 February and 05 March. It will be interesting to see if any improvements can be made in that window, with or without pitch lighting.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:52 am

For those interested in the subject area:

http://www.sglconcept.com/en/index.htm

http://www.mlr.no/home

http://www.sportsmanagement.co.uk/detai ... e=SM&dom=N

http://www.pitchcare.com/magazine/keepi ... ances.html

Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:22 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:it looks poor Ian , guessing it be in a similar state tomorrow nite too ?

no doubt it will mart bit of rain due tonight and a few sheep/cows brought in overnight in the grass areas we have a full mud pitch then :lol: