Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ATTENTION ALL iPHONE USERS!!

Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:48 pm

My new facebook help group for all iphone, ipad & ipod Touch users is now available for help and advice!!

Anything you need to know about the iDevice, from simple questions to full on jailbreak and unlocking help - It's all there!

If you feel you have enough experience to jump on to the admins list and help out feel free to inbox me on facebook.

GROUP LINK - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 99984&ap=1

MY FACEBOOK PROFILE: http://www.facebook.com/BLUUEBIRD

Re: ATTENTION ALL iPHONE USERS!!

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:20 pm

Merlin wrote:My new facebook help group for all iphone, ipad & ipod Touch users is now available for help and advice!!

Anything you need to know about the iDevice, from simple questions to full on jailbreak and unlocking help - It's all there!

If you feel you have enough experience to jump on to the admins list and help out feel free to inbox me on facebook.

GROUP LINK - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 99984&ap=1

MY FACEBOOK PROFILE: http://www.facebook.com/BLUUEBIRD

I know iDevices inside out. I am more than happy to offer any help people may need

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:34 pm

As I've just jailbreaked (jailbroken?) for the first time using Greenpoison this will be VERY useful. Very confused ATM!!!

Thanks for doing this.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:26 pm

I'm sick of losing my signal all the time. My internet never seems to connect properly and why is there virtually no 3G signal in Bridgend or CCS... HELP!!

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:28 pm

Let me know who you are on the group so I can help you all out individually! Cheers.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:32 pm

Merlin i am not on facebook but my phone keeps loosing its volume. It mutes everything then a few minutes later it comes back any idea Chief ?

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:37 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Merlin i am not on facebook but my phone keeps loosing its volume. It mutes everything then a few minutes later it comes back any idea Chief ?

Sup chief!!

Have you ever dropped it or has it ever had any kind of water damage?

Also which iPhone is it, and which software are you on? (to find out - go to settings>general>about and tell me the firmware version and modem firmware numbers. Ta :D

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:45 pm

Merlin wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Merlin i am not on facebook but my phone keeps loosing its volume. It mutes everything then a few minutes later it comes back any idea Chief ?

Sup chief!!

Also which iPhone is it, and which software are you on? (to find out - go to settings>general>about and tell me the firmware version and modem firmware numbers. Ta :D

Hiya Chief its an I phone 4 i have never dropped it or had water damage. Its only about 5 weeks old . Modem firmware is 03.10.01 Version 4.2.1 (8C148) Cheers Chief :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:19 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Sup chief!!

Hiya Chief its an I phone 4 i have never dropped it or had water damage. Its only about 5 weeks old . Modem firmware is 03.10.01 Version 4.2.1 (8C148) Cheers Chief :ayatollah:

Is this while you are making or receiving a call?

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:22 pm

Its everything from ringtones to Apps . I llose all sound i could be on a game and the sound will just stop Chief

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:31 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Its everything from ringtones to Apps . I llose all sound i could be on a game and the sound will just stop Chief

Can you check a couple of things for me?

There is a mute switch on the left hand side (on the silver strip towards the top) are you touching this when using any of the apps?

Are you using the iPod while using the apps as the volume for the apps are linked the the volume used by the iPod?

Are you using headphones when using the apps?

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:37 pm

Cardiff Crazy wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Its everything from ringtones to Apps . I llose all sound i could be on a game and the sound will just stop Chief

There is a mute switch on the left hand side (on the silver strip towards the top) are you touching this when using any of the apps?

Are you using the iPod while using the apps as the volume for the apps are linked the the volume used by the iPod?

Just been messing using that mute switch and no it isnt that. No not using the ipod Chief. It is weird it just stops then just comes back. I check the volume and everything is on and turned up :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Cardiff Crazy wrote:

Just been messing using that mute switch and no it isnt that. No not using the ipod Chief. It is weird it just stops then just comes back. I check the volume and everything is on and turned up :ayatollah:

Have you had the headphones plugged in at any point recently?

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:46 pm

Are you using headphones when using the apps?[/quote]
Just been messing using that mute switch and no it isnt that. No not using the ipod Chief. It is weird it just stops then just comes back. I check the volume and everything is on and turned up :ayatollah: [/quote]

Have you had the headphones plugged in at any point recently?[/quote]
No Chief never. Need to get my itunes sorted first :lol:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:48 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Can you check a couple of things for me?

Just been messing using that mute switch and no it isnt that. No not using the ipod Chief. It is weird it just stops then just comes back. I check the volume and everything is on and turned up :ayatollah: [/quote]

No Chief never. Need to get my itunes sorted first :lol: [/quote]

Do you have a case on it like the Apple Bumper?

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:59 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:No Chief never. Need to get my itunes sorted first :lol:

Dude, you have a technical problem with the phone! Take it back to your nearest apple store and they WILL replace it with a new one. Some one on a forum had the same issue - and they didn't think twice about replacing it!

:ayatollah:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:02 pm

Merlin wrote:

Dude, you have a technical problem with the phone! Take it back to your nearest apple store and they WILL replace it with a new one. Some one on a forum had the same issue - and they didn't think twice about replacing it!

Just take the jailbreak off first if you have it on :lol:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:11 pm

Cardiff Crazy wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Just take the jailbreak off first if you have it on :lol:

:lol: :lol: I got the fucker from Tesco every little helps :lol: :lol:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:33 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Can you check a couple of things for me?

No Chief never. Need to get my itunes sorted first :lol: [/quote]

This sounds like a stupid explaination, but if you keep your iPhone in you pocket then the earphone socket can gather a lot of dust and eventually the iPhone thinks that the earphones are in use, hence no sound. Happened to mine and had to take it to the iPhone store to get them to blow it clean!

Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:46 pm

Merlin wrote:

As Merlin said, take it to Apple. I work for o2. Same thing happened to one of my customers. Because he brought the phone back within 28 days, I just exchanged it for him instead of sending him to Apple to get sorted.

He had sound, then it would just go and sometimes it would come back on and the sound would stutter. There's an Apple store in St Davids 2 and they're pretty good :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:15 am

I'm really busy over the next few days, so may not be able to get around to going on the Facebook page, but will definitely get to it at some point as this signal thing is doing my head in and the internet is so slow I end up giving up most of the time. I'm on Orange/O2 dual signal but there hardly ever seems to be a full signal or 3G or free wifi wherever I am.

I know I'm going to sound like an old fart [again!!], but what is jailbreak - is it importnat or is it just a game on the phone? Cheers guys

Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:36 am

Orange/TMobile is the combo signal.

Jailbreak = a simple process to lift apples restrictions so that you can personalise your iPhone in many ways, and to get access to cracked app stores ;-) (for browsing obviously!!!!) :lol:

Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:44 pm

I am about to attempt the 4.2 jailbreak, anyone here to lend a helping hand just incase in inevtiably f**k it up? :lol:

Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:53 pm

PTBluebird85 wrote:I am about to attempt the 4.2 jailbreak, anyone here to lend a helping hand just incase in inevtiably f**k it up? :lol:

Well? You ok..... :lol:

Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:08 pm

Just getting underwayy...... f*cking 650mgb download!

Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:10 pm

Have you got the link handy for the 4.2 jailbreak?

Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:18 pm

PTBluebird85 wrote:Just getting underwayy...... f*cking 650mgb download!

Ah, you mean the 4.2 update in itunes? Takes ages aye!

when you have restored to 4.2.1 - make sure you re-sync your phone back up to re-add your apps and music and stuff.

Then go to www.greenpois0n.com - get your version, open greenposion and follow instructions to JB. piece of piss mate. let me know if you need assistance?

my link on facebook is in the first post of this thread. :-) my iphone facebook chat is on. ;-)

Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:33 pm

Right its done, and ive just downloaded cydia via the installer, but i think all my sources have gone, because all my folders etc have dissappeared, do i just need to re-add my sources mate?

Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:52 pm

PTBluebird85 wrote:Right its done, and ive just downloaded cydia via the installer, but i think all my sources have gone, because all my folders etc have dissappeared, do i just need to re-add my sources mate?

pm.

Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:27 am

MERLIN = LEGEND!!

HELPED ME THROUGH EVERY SINGLE THING TO DO WITH THE NEW JAILBREAK AND ALSO TOUGHT ME A LOT I DIDNT KNOW!

ANYONE WHO HAS AN I-PHONE JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP! YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!!

CHEERS MATEY