Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Imagine if it was a Cardiff v Swansea play off final?

Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:30 pm

Police's worst nightmare!!
Would they have to still play at Wembley or could they switch it to the Melunium stadium?
Can you imagine 80,000 Cardiff and Swansea fans all travelling up together on the motorway?!?!

Re: Imagine if it was a Cardiff v Swansea play off final?

Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:37 pm

I've thought about this for a few seasons now.

Firstly I reckon 50k from the diff as they wouldn't sell there allocation!! :lol:

The mil stad would be an unfair advantage!!

The only way they could do it is if they bubbled us both in no stopping and at staggered times!! A logistical nightmare that I think even gwyn would struggle with :lol:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:42 pm

it couldnt be a unfair advantage!! do man utd moan if they play arsenal at wembley? it should be at the mill stadium. less hassle.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:46 pm

I agree, it wouldn't be an advantage playing at the mil stadium. From a Police's/ safety point if view, it would be a better choice

Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:56 pm

Roathblue33 wrote:Police's worst nightmare!!
Would they have to still play at Wembley or could they switch it to the Melunium stadium?
Can you imagine 80,000 Cardiff and Swansea fans all travelling up together on the motorway?!?!

its a truley scarey thought! id hate a cardiff swansea playoff final, great for the neutral but not for my health lol please'please'please let us finnish top 2 :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:26 pm

it would be awsome if they did a one team bus bubble and the other team a train bubble ! in wembley obviously

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:01 pm

Total nightmare to be honest

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:12 pm

Would be chaos !

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:17 pm

some fans would be hurt badly or worse.nightmare

Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:35 pm

They planned for this years ago.
Swansea would be taken up the midlands way and come into london from the north.
I reckon a lot of their fans would shit it

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:39 pm

Imagine what would happen to them if we lost ImageImage :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:46 pm

i think if it was looking that way? there could be a few dodgy refereeing decisions made?

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:56 pm

It's not going to happen, we will go up automatically and the jacks will bottle it again like they did last year! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:45 pm

The walk up Wembley way would be interesting I'd imagine there would be riot fences erected all the way along there. It would be a nightmare to police and i wouldn't trust them especially if it was the met police, thinking about it would the South Wales police be heavily involved as well?

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:58 pm

BillyGoat Gruff wrote:They planned for this years ago.
Swansea would be taken up the midlands way and come into london from the north.
I reckon a lot of their fans would shit it

Tank navigating then! The fools would end up in Glasgow with the rest of their lefty friends :lol: :lol:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:01 pm

Imagine if it was a Cardiff v Swansea play off final?

IMAGINE! :lol:

like last year when they thought it was in the bag! hmmmm, and they take the blackpool piss out of us? hmmmm.... :lol:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:22 pm

it is a very real possibility of this happening and would be interesting to see how everything would pan out travel wise. do you really think all swansea fans will go through the midlands? can you imagine being stuck in traffic on the m4 tanked up and seeing a caravan of gypos next to you? :lol: :lol: remember this is a topsy turvy league where anyone can beat anyone. did you think that this time last year that blackpool would be in the premier league? i certainly didnt. we will just have to wait till the end of the season because i can see the last day being a very important day.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:55 pm

Years ago Cardiff vs. Portsmouth at Wembley would have been a dead raving certainty for a riot.

However, the FA Cup Final passed off with very few problems.

With big games like play-off finals the so called 'glory hunter' comes out of the woodwork and well outnumber those who are looking for trouble and as a result fans usually mingle without incident. Indeed we have recently lost twice at Wembley without major incident and if we played Swansea I'm certain it would be well policed and hooliganism would be at a minimum.

Further to that I quite like the idea of Wales' 1st and 2nd teams playing at the HQ of English football.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:58 pm

to be fair there is a hell of a difference between cardiff v portsmouth and cardiff v swansea!!

can you imagine the travelling for a start. what if a few bus loads of each sets of fans stopped at the same service station?!

Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:47 pm

paulh_85 wrote:to be fair there is a hell of a difference between cardiff v portsmouth and cardiff v swansea!!

can you imagine the travelling for a start. what if a few bus loads of each sets of fans stopped at the same service station?!

AHHHH yessss everyone banned for the following season i reckon :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:05 pm

paulh_85 wrote:to be fair there is a hell of a difference between cardiff v portsmouth and cardiff v swansea!!

to be honestif it was ever going to go off at wembley it would have been with pompey
we have had a lot of history with them and they have a far bigger mob than the jacks

but it would go off if we played the jacks there

Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:25 pm

They'd have to shut the M4 for the day and give Cardiff one side of it and Swansea the other.

Police/army down the central reservation all the way to wembley ! :lol:

Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:59 am

Oviously the powers that be have already drawn up battle plans for a cardiff swansea final! Id just hate it to happen due to the fact that there would be a real 50/50 chance of us loosing, and i dnt think i would ever recover from it! Loosing to blackpool was bad enough, loosing to swansea would be devastating to the point of suicidle for me