Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

First game

Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:13 pm

Taking my 4 year old to her first game tomorrow night, she's been nagging since the start of the season to come along but I thought she was a bit young. Passed the ground today and thought sod it and got her ticket!

Wanted the family stand but nothing available there just the Canton, asked for block 106 (thinking of moving there for next season ) but was advised against it by the girl serving saying it might be a bit rowdy for a little one!

Settled on the corner of the Canton and the Ninian. Just hoping for a good atmosphere and more importantly a win under the lights for her. God I loved the midweek games at Ninian under the floodlights as a kid.

She'll be a Bluebird for life :ayatollah:

Re: First game

Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:32 pm

GarethBrad wrote:Taking my 4 year old to her first game tomorrow night, she's been nagging since the start of the season to come along but I thought she was a bit young. Passed the ground today and thought sod it and got her ticket!

Wanted the family stand but nothing available there just the Canton, asked for block 106 (thinking of moving there for next season ) but was advised against it by the girl serving saying it might be a bit rowdy for a little one!

Settled on the corner of the Canton and the Ninian. Just hoping for a good atmosphere and more importantly a win under the lights for her. God I loved the midweek games at Ninian under the floodlights as a kid.

Annoying thing about the family stand is that you will see available seats there tomorrow night. Why that is because an ST for a minor is free and an adult ST in the family stand is cheaper than say the Ninian. So it is cheaper to take your child to the family stand than it is to go to the Ninian on your own.

This usually results in midweek games having empty seats in the family stand. I think the club are going to be stepping down on this next season.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:48 pm

Yep I won't be taking my 6 year old daughter tomorrow night as it's a school night, she will go to the leicester game next week as in school holidays. In fact my mate won't take his 2 either so we will have 3 unused child tickets between us, his eldest comes along though to midweek games so still have a child with us. We used to always swap to the grange end back in Ninian but now we have a bar in the family end don't bother!

Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Hope they do sort it, seems a daft position having empty seats they can't sell.

Still, looking forward to it though, the little one's buzzing already!

Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:37 pm

neeball wrote:Yep I won't be taking my 6 year old daughter tomorrow night as it's a school night, she will go to the leicester game next week as in school holidays. In fact my mate won't take his 2 either so we will have 3 unused child tickets between us, his eldest comes along though to midweek games so still have a child with us. We used to always swap to the grange end back in Ninian but now we have a bar in the family end don't bother!

Here is me slagging the system but I will be doing the same next season. Hoping to to into the family stand with one child seat. I have 3 kids and would like ot take all of them but cant see myself getting 4 seats together. Besides I could not sit there next to 3 empty seats for a midweek game, would not feel comfortable about it.

I hope they do come up with a system as I would rather have the spare seat used for a midweek game when I cant take my kid.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:27 pm

GarethBrad wrote:Taking my 4 year old to her first game tomorrow night, she's been nagging since the start of the season to come along but I thought she was a bit young. Passed the ground today and thought sod it and got her ticket!

i took my 5 yr old to his first game, about october time,, left half time, he was bored, banging the seat up and down, i want a drink, i want to go to the toilet, can i have another drink, im hungry,,,, when i took my eldest son to his first game on the bob bank, it was better on the terracing, he was happy chasing chrisp packets around, blowing in the wind,,,,,,, its harder to take a little one down the city now, alot better over the ninian?