Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Booing must stop

Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:36 pm

Now. Where did all this booing come from? I never felt so ashamed to be a city fan than listening to the booing tonight. I thought the players give their all. I thought the game was lost by Dave Jones making the wrong substitution and we switched off for the corner.

I always remember city fans sticking with their players through thick and thin. Sadly this doesn't happen anymore :(

Re: Booing must stop

Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:40 pm

I booed the referee!

Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:42 pm

ackers1927 wrote:Now. Where did all this booing come from? I never felt so ashamed to be a city fan than listening to the booing tonight. I thought the players give their all. I thought the game was lost by Dave Jones making the wrong substitution and we switched off for the corner.

I always remember city fans sticking with their players through thick and thin. Sadly this doesn't happen anymore :(

booing at the end was at the ref and linesman i thought. Bellamy looked pissed off though.

Just a frustrating night. Whitts looked unfit but stayed on the field??? sometimes i wonder....

Draw was fair though. maybe even lucky

Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:42 pm

ackers1927 wrote:Now. Where did all this booing come from? I never felt so ashamed to be a city fan than listening to the booing tonight. I thought the players give their all. I thought the game was lost by Dave Jones making the wrong substitution and we switched off for the corner.

i no was gob smacked at the end i heard it like, the look bellamy gave was class looked like he wanted to over there and deck them all ha

Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:46 pm

Its embarressing and insulting to the opposition that there is certain people that boo, when we get a draw against a top inform team. Whats wrong with people look at the stats they had by far more shots on target a draw is a very good result we could of lost.

I remember last season when blackpool came when they were mid table and we were flying we drew (1-1 me thinks)
Always remember Ian holloway on the championship saying about how shit our fans were for booing the team off and how insulting it was for his team as they had quality.

Well that seriously came back and bit us in the back big style!!!

Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:47 pm

Bluebird_Melv wrote:Its embarressing and insulting to the opposition that there is certain people that boo, when we get a draw against a top inform team. Whats wrong with people look at the stats they had by far more shots on target a draw is a very good result we could of lost.

I remember last season when blackpool came when they were mid table and we were flying we drew (1-1 me thinks)
Always remember Ian holloway on the championship saying about how shit our fans were for booing the team off and how insulting it was for his team as they had quality.

Well that seriously came back and bit us in the back big style!!!

i agree really embarrassing never used to be like this i just can't get my head round it

Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:49 pm

I only listened on the radio, but thoughtthe crowd sounded aweful. Must be hard to play in those circumstances... And who the hell walks out five mins before the end in a one all draw. You should be glad of being there and sing for the boys!!!

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:07 pm

Who are the booers???
Definately not true CCFC supporters. I would never ever boo them no matter how bad they play (and god only knows i've seen plenty of bad displays over the past 40 years)

These tossers need to be identified and given a good talking to and convinced of the errors of their ways (if you know what i mean).

Last Saturday at half time the Ninian Stand booers (not many by the sound of it) seemed to be around the half way line sections maybe as far back as rows EE,FF,GG - maybe they were kids with not much intelligence perhaps.

Anybody identify the areas tonight (I was in the Grandstand for tonight - no booing there)

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:22 pm

The booing was aimed at the shit officials

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:26 pm

I boo, but I love to boo anything. At one point I was booing Burnley singing "just cant get enough". I boo opposition players and referee but I wont boo our players. I may moan at a mis-placed pass, just like everyone else. But never boo our own, what good does that do for our players?

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:28 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:I boo, but I love to boo anything. At one point I was booing Burnley singing "just cant get enough". I boo opposition players and referee but I wont boo our players. I may moan at a mis-placed pass, just like everyone else. But never boo our own, what good does that do for our players?

i no it creates players vs fans then :evil: :cry:

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:36 pm

Pricey wrote:The booing was aimed at the shit officials

I agree with booing at the officials. But its the booing at the end when your team has just got a hard fought draw, that I don't agree with.

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:39 pm

most of our home fans are f*cking shit
so called supporters,
shouting things at players and constantly jeering and booing.

we got a decent fan base, we come a long way and now too many people take it for granted,
we wont get another chance after this season wil be down hill lose alot of players

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:46 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:most of our home fans are f*cking shit
so called supporters,
shouting things at players and constantly jeering and booing.

we got a decent fan base, we come a long way and now too many people take it for granted,
we wont get another chance after this season wil be down hill lose alot of players

I agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We should be doing everything to encourage our players. Not getting on their backs

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:14 am

The booing must stop, we must get behind our team until the end of the season... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:36 am

i was there tonight and to be honest i was under the impression the booing was aimed at the officials after all we had some awful decisions.But the players were'nt to know who was being booed,so i guess it really is quite a difficult point to argue :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:04 am

as soon as the whistle went some numptys booed the players lets be honest. no way was it aimed at the referee, you dont instantly boo like that, there was no major decision he got wrong, he would have been booed as he left the pitch.

therefore it was aimed at the players and it was embarrasing. bellamy wasnt impressed either :roll:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:09 am

the booing was disgusting, if you lot who booed said it was at the officials it did not sound like to me, just sing abuse at the officilas instead, i cant blame bellamy for being pissed off FFS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:40 am

its a disgrace
and some question why the players dont applaud us,
our fans need to wise up and support the team instead of waitning to get on their back at the first chasnce

thommo got more support than our players-work that one out

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:54 am

langley wrote:its a disgrace
and some question why the players dont applaud us,
our fans need to wise up and support the team instead of waitning to get on their back at the first chasnce

thommo got more support than our players-work that one out

I agree he did :evil:

We have got 7 home games left and we really need to stick together and be their 12 man. But with the state of the pitch and with the crowd on their backs, the players have a really fight on their hands. If I was a player I would rather play away, how sad is that?

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:12 am

The thing is alot of these so called fans who boo the team have only been attending games since we moved from Ninian Park jumped on the bandwagon where were they back in 80s/90s when we were in the lower divisions probably watching Man utd :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:20 am

I didnt boo but if did it would have been at that ref :twisted: :twisted:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:00 pm

I was saying last night in Family stand - what you booing about ?

I know some players looked off the pace last night but that's no excuse we are supposed to be supporters and we are currently 2nd in the Championship !! We don't sing much, throw verbal abuse and boo our own players and when the team is struggling and needs us to lift them we start moaning and groaning!

I am so glad these people wern't around when we were struggling to beat teams in Division 4 /League 2 not so long ago!!

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:23 pm

Booing the players is the ultimate insult i for one would NEVER do it,you should have total respect for your club NO MATTER WHAT. For me personally yes i shouted a few insults at the officials,but hey who didn't,but the team NEVER. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:57 pm

Ackers

I agree, but when I look around at these People who Boo, Never seen them before :evil: :evil:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:00 pm

I clappped the team off. It felt a bit in vain though, what with no response from our players

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Ackers

I agree, but when I look around at these People who Boo, Never seen them before :evil: :evil:

they the fans you was ffing and blinding last night annis? felt the fire on my neck ' oh these fans coming here now do my fuc*ing head in'

hehe